Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 interview next April 10 and divorce dismissed

N400 interview next April 10 and divorce dismissed

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 interview next April 10 and divorce dismissed

Originally Posted by peppino
Some of My friends are suggesting me to just leave it alone and file next year with 0 worries...
I suggested this in my very first post to you. My opinion has not changed. You have smart friends. If I were you, I'd listen to them!

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

peppino is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so tell me with a lawyer with me right inside the interview room: me, the lawyer and the immigration officer::

WHAT IS THE WOrSE that can happen??

*Denied?
*case put on hold?
* the IO leaving a vmail to my wife (that will be in Europe) cell phone?
*the IO accusing me of misrepresentation and asking me to return my GC and filing for deportation??

I mean what is my real risk of showing up?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT IS THE WOrSE that can happen??
The worst that can happen? The case is denied and you remain a PR. Then, 2 years from now, you apply again based on 5 years as a PR. A denial doesn't stop you from reapplying.

the IO accusing me of misrepresentation and asking me to return my GC and filing for deportation??
Now you're just being silly! You *are* a PR, and you remain a PR until an immigration judge says you aren't. While he might think he has the power, the immigration officer doesn't have the authority to revoke your status.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The worst that can happen? The case is denied and you remain a PR. Then, 2 years from now, you apply again based on 5 years as a PR. A denial doesn't stop you from reapplying.

Now you're just being silly! You *are* a PR, and you remain a PR until an immigration judge says you aren't. While he might think he has the power, the immigration officer doesn't have the authority to revoke your status.

Ian
Hi Ian:

Don't bother to respond -- I sense an attitude problem.

Of course, the interview will be without a witness to what actually happened and it will be OP's word against DAO's word if there is a conflict.

OP will do what he wants to do. That is his choice -- it is HIS life, not mine and not yours.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Folinskyindia sweethearth,

What kind of attitude do you sense?...

You have been asked a specific technical direct question that only YOU know how to respond professionally...

I do sense
That you have more knowledge than any other poster here

Indeed You are watching this blog and you decide not to respond and advice a undecided immigrant like me...

What you like to do is to careless put your "Colombo moment Poetry comments" here and there without really helping who is asking you an opinion.....

So then why are you waisting your time here.....your attitude is a lot worse
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Folinskyindia sweethearth,

What kind of attitude do you sense?...

You have been asked a specific technical direct question that only YOU know how to respond professionally...

I do sense
That you have more knowledge than any other poster here

Indeed You are watching this blog and you decide not to respond and advice a undecided immigrant like me...

What you like to do is to careless put your "Colombo moment Poetry comments" here and there without really helping who is asking you an opinion.....

So then why are you waisting your time here.....your attitude is a lot worse

You *may* think that this *very experienced* and *extremely helpful* immigration attorney is not really helping...

If you could only be bothered to read........ I mean *really read* his comments....... VERY carefully, you might understand what he is trying to tell you...

As for me, I am just shaking my head at your apparent inability to understand the responses to your query!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

My head is shaking too:

In my post I mentionned there WILL BE a WITNESS at the interview which is the lawyer I will hire to attend the interview:

so how can he say "there will be no witness" (all lawyers are allowed into the room) and

"it will be my word against the IO word in case of conflict"??
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

peppino,

If you want legal advice which is directly only to you, in your unique situation, you will have to find an attorney and pay the fee for it. Mr. F does everyone a service here, by speaking in general terms, for free. If you want specifics, you will have to pay for it.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Ok Thank you Rene,

If you can kindly send me, - in private if you prefer - info on
How much will cost a personal professional consultation on my case I will be very happy to evaluate it;
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Peppino, you are too much. Nobody on this forum is going to send you anything to "evaluate". Nobody is in a position to do anything of the kind. If you want a legal consultation, look in the phone book and call a lawyer.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Thank you Rene,

If you can kindly send me, - in private if you prefer - info on
How much will cost a personal professional consultation on my case I will be very happy to evaluate it;
peppino, you're welcome. However, I am not a lawyer, and I have NO idea how much a legal consultation will cost you. You can go to this site: www.ailalawyer.com, and make some phone calls to ask about their rates for a consultation.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira

You *may* think that this *very experienced* and *extremely helpful* immigration attorney is not really helping...

If you could only be bothered to read........ I mean *really read* his comments....... VERY carefully, you might understand what he is trying to tell you...

As for me, I am just shaking my head at your apparent inability to understand the responses to your query!
Hi:

Thank you for the compliments. OP doesn't seem to realize that long experience can lead to a feeling of "something a'int right here." Sometimes, I am unable to articulate why I have that feeling -- but I've learned to trust it. OP's case has triggered that feeling and nothing I've read here will make it go away.

And, no, I don't care to dig in this particular case. However, I will say that feeling of disquiet exists.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Dear high experienced lawyer,

With your "something ain't there" and "triggered feeling"
You are believing I am hiding something or something is wrong with my marriage...

Now is even more clear what you mean with your "colombo moment"::
you may want to believe I will go to the interview room and "confess" that I misrepresented CIS,...

Well you are very wrong with your "sensing":
even the lawyer that I interviewed before my Stokes interview stated "there is no way under the sun you will pass the AOS interview".....

I've nothing to hide and if you have red flags in your head you are free to keep them

I do need to thank you thou because your "suspisious perspective" may be exactely that of the IO I will face next April

The thing is: even if there is a suspect, I like to believe the worse that can happen is the denial of my N400 without
Any "Colombo attempt" from the CIS side...

It would be interesting to know how many of those "Colombo confession" you know about.......
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Ths gentleman has 4 page thread running on another forum with the same question, he is geting similar answers but won't accept them.
Funnily enough people there are tiring of it to.

Personaly I think he's just taking the piss.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Mods - can you please close this thread? It's run its course and the OP clearly has the answers he is seeking. He may not like what those answers are... but he does have them.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.