Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Approved after Second Interview Request

N400 Approved after Second Interview Request

Old Dec 7th 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 Approved after Second Interview Request

Hi,

Quick update, my case was finally rerouted back the the service center that it should have remained in from the beginning. Last January, I brought my SO + baby for the joint N400/I751 interview, however, the officer stated they could not adjudicate the I751 since they didn't have the paperwork. It turns out the paperwork was sent to PA by mistake, then was resent back to MA.

Anyway just before the election, I received another interview letter for both N400/I751. I emailed back, politely but firmly, stating that I would not bring my family back in due to safety concerns and it wasn't my business that they lost my paperwork. Fast forward a few hours, a competent officer (finally) apologized for the mess and called me in the following day for the oath ceremony. I even got to vote!

After the election, USCIS called to say there had been a computer error and that there is no need to bring my family in again. At this point I laughed and said, I am a citizen, surely you know that? Awkward silence ensued before an 'oh yeah'.

What an 11 year experience, comical to say the least.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Approved after Second Interview Request

Congratulations on your naturalization and welcome to full US citizen status

Was it difficult at the time of the I-751 interview being that you are no longer married and have a baby with a SO?
Old Dec 7th 2020, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Or civil union? (just checked, doesn't apply). We are married but I do find the word marriage to have religious connotations.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 5:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay!

I think of SO as significant other and explains someone you live with without benefit of legal sanction. Civil Union to me means the same ... living together without legal sanction. The word marriage means the commitment two people make to each other under the legal system of where you live. If my husband ever called me is SO, his body would definitely suffer the repercussions.

Whatever, congratulations, again.