Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 USPS left a delivery attempt notice

N-400 USPS left a delivery attempt notice

Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:50 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold
Default N-400 USPS left a delivery attempt notice

I sent my N-400 application last week via USPS express to the Texas address listed for use when mailing via courier / signature required. So USPS attempted to deliver this on a Saturday, when no one was there. According to the online tracking of my application, they left a delivery attempt notice for (I imagine) USCIS to go collect my application, or for USCIS to arrange for re-delivery. If USPS hear nothing, after 15 days they will return the application to me.

Has anyone had this happen? will USPS attempt to re-deliver without USCIS contacting them? will USCIS contact them? or am I now having to wait 15 days or so to get the application back to me, only to then have to send it back to Texas.

Thanks.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 USPS left a delivery attempt notice

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
I sent my N-400 application last week via USPS express to the Texas address listed for use when mailing via courier / signature required. So USPS attempted to deliver this on a Saturday, when no one was there. According to the online tracking of my application, they left a delivery attempt notice for (I imagine) USCIS to go collect my application, or for USCIS to arrange for re-delivery. If USPS hear nothing, after 15 days they will return the application to me.

Has anyone had this happen? will USPS attempt to re-deliver without USCIS contacting them? will USCIS contact them? or am I now having to wait 15 days or so to get the application back to me, only to then have to send it back to Texas.

Thanks.
My opinion is that you used the wrong address. USPS is the United States Postal Service. It is not a courier service. The address for courier service applies to Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc.

We always sent our forms via USPS, certified mail, return receipt requested, and sent it to the USCIS mailing address for regular USPS mail. Never had a problem.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My opinion is that you used the wrong address. USPS is the United States Postal Service. It is not a courier service. The address for courier service applies to Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc.

We always sent our forms via USPS, certified mail, return receipt requested, and sent it to the USCIS mailing address for regular USPS mail. Never had a problem.

Rene
Of the 2 address options given by USCIS, one is a lockbox, which I would guess is un-manned, and so no one would have been there to sign for the application. Which is the reason I sent it to the option for express/courier deliveries.

Send your application to the USCIS Lockbox Facility at:

USCIS
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

For express/courier deliveries, use:

USCIS
Attn: N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121, Bldg. #4
Lewisville, TX 75067

Reading the above, to me it made sense to send something that needed to be signed for to the express/courier option.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

You're fine. USPS always sticks that as a status even though the package never left the post office. It happens every time I have something delivered to work and it's due for delivery on a Saturday, it also happened with my N-400 application. It's because Saturday is a delivery day so they feel the need to update the status even though nothing can possibly be done.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Also there is no "unmanned" postal drop offs. A PO Box means someone has to come in and retrieve the mail. When they do so, the rubber stamp the receipt. BTW PO stands for post office. The box is in the post office and someone comes and picks up the mail from the USCIS.

Can't fathom why in heaven's name anyone would fedex an application for naturalization. It's not like there is a time limit on filing this.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 8th 2009 at 2:33 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Of the 2 address options given by USCIS, one is a lockbox, which I would guess is un-manned, and so no one would have been there to sign for the application. Which is the reason I sent it to the option for express/courier deliveries.

Hi:

On your assumption about the lock-box facility, I doubt that the personnel there are all women. But whatever.

However, USPS Express Mail is, in fact, the Postal Service which can deliver to PO Boxes. The "courier" services are things like DHL, UPS and FedEx.

However, it may be that the DHS has a forwarding order to the Post Office Box. I would not be surprised to see delivery today [Tuesday].

I am still ROFL on the assumption that no men work at the lockbox facility, only women.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

On your assumption about the lock-box facility, I doubt that the personnel there are all women. But whatever.

However, USPS Express Mail is, in fact, the Postal Service which can deliver to PO Boxes. The "courier" services are things like DHL, UPS and FedEx.

However, it may be that the DHS has a forwarding order to the Post Office Box. I would not be surprised to see delivery today [Tuesday].

I am still ROFL on the assumption that no men work at the lockbox facility, only women.
I had to re-read my post several times to realize you were talking about "unmanned" .... however the definition of unmanned/un-manned is something that is "not manned" and looking up the definition of manned gives "carrying or performed by a human being" so looks like it was not me who was making the assumptions here

Either way I hope to see delivery today.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:12 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

I had to re-read my post several times to realize you were talking about "unmanned" .... however the definition of unmanned/un-manned is something that is "not manned" and looking up the definition of manned gives "carrying or performed by a human being" so looks like it was not me who was making the assumptions here

Either way I hope to see delivery today.
I would expect it. Same thing happened to me back when I had mailed our
I 129f. It was delivered the next day.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
:
And Whooooosh ..right over the head ...
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Whatever, I would never assume that the LockBox personnel are not "human beings."
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:53 pm
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
You're fine. USPS always sticks that as a status even though the package never left the post office. It happens every time I have something delivered to work and it's due for delivery on a Saturday, it also happened with my N-400 application. It's because Saturday is a delivery day so they feel the need to update the status even though nothing can possibly be done.
Just a quick update, this is exactly what happened. It ended up being delivered on the 8th. I checked the times of each status update after it had been delivered, and it showed it arriving at the post office in TX at about 2:40pm and being delivered 20 minutes later.