Wikiposts

N-400 time frame question

Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

samal1485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 time frame question

As we know the naturalization process can take from 6 months to 2 years.
I am waiting for my Oath ceremony @ Newark, NJ. I applied in February, 2006.As of today, the time frame says "April 15,2006". What does it mean? Does it mean that Newark office processes N-400 received as of of April,15, 06?

Thanks,

Samal
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 time frame question

Originally Posted by samal1485
As we know the naturalization process can take from 6 months to 2 years.
I am waiting for my Oath ceremony @ Newark, NJ. I applied in February, 2006.As of today, the time frame says "April 15,2006". What does it mean? Does it mean that Newark office processes N-400 received as of of April,15, 06?

Thanks,

Samal
Hi Samal,

When did you have your interview?

Rene
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

I had it at the end of June.

Samal
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Samal,

When did you have your interview?

Rene
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I had it at the end of June.

Samal
Hmmm...perhaps you can call the place that does the oath ceremony, and ask when the next one is? At least you might have some idea of when you'll be notified to attend it.

Rene
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...perhaps you can call the place that does the oath ceremony, and ask when the next one is? At least you might have some idea of when you'll be notified to attend it.

Rene

Newark does it the same day there at the USCIS offices.

Was there a problem with your application and/or with your background check that postponed outright approval that day and left you pending?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes, backgroung check was not done it by the time when I had my interview.
Still waiting.

Samal

Originally Posted by Rete
Newark does it the same day there at the USCIS offices.

Was there a problem with your application and/or with your background check that postponed outright approval that day and left you pending?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:14 am
skg

Samal,
You can sue the USCIS under 1447(b) statute 120 days after your
naturalisation interview.
Regards,
S K Ghori [email protected] http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold
Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments
should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they
are not meant to be such.

samal1485 wrote:

> I had it at the end of June.
    >
    > Samal

Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:17 am

Yes, backgroung check was not done it by the time when I had my interview.
Still waiting.

Samal
Ohhh, that clears it up. So you're not just waiting to hear on your oath ceremony schedule. You're waiting for security checks to complete. That could be a very long wait, and very hard to get any information on the processing of it. In this case, it doesn't matter how long it took anyone else to have their oath ceremony. Yours will depend on when your security checks are done.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2006, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

I guess you are right. I have to wait for ...

Thank you,

Samal

Ohhh, that clears it up. So you're not just waiting to hear on your oath ceremony schedule. You're waiting for security checks to complete. That could be a very long wait, and very hard to get any information on the processing of it. In this case, it doesn't matter how long it took anyone else to have their oath ceremony. Yours will depend on when your security checks are done.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you are right. I have to wait for ...

Thank you,

Samal

IMHO I would be proactive about this. While it does take a while for security check to clear and that can be delayed by your nationality as well, I would give them to January and then make an infopass appointment and ask in person. If they are still saying "security checks" after six months then I would contact a political rep and see if they can dig into the matter for you.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

You are absolutely right. I called to customer service, and they told me to contact them in Jan.
Thanks,

Samal
Originally Posted by Rete
IMHO I would be proactive about this. While it does take a while for security check to clear and that can be delayed by your nationality as well, I would give them to January and then make an infopass appointment and ask in person. If they are still saying "security checks" after six months then I would contact a political rep and see if they can dig into the matter for you.