N-400 sent yesterday!!

Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default N-400 sent yesterday!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but since I started on a K1, I thought it would be appropriate to post in here for those who might be doing the same thing in future.

Just about 5 years after getting the receipt confirmation of my I129-F, I have finally got my N-400 done and it is winging its way to USCIS as we speak. Funny, but the clerk in the Post Office was recounting the story of the K1 application his wife submitted when he saw I was sending mail to USCIS. I remember getting him when I sent off my I-751 in 2008 as well.

Now, in the words of Captain Blackadder I have 'bugger all to do but sit and wait', but I thought I would post my experiences with the N400 process, and if no-one is opposed to the tread being bumped from time to time, I thought I might update it as things progress. So here is the timeline so far (may be inaccurate as I forget some of the finer details):

Feb/March 2005 - Mailed I129F (or rather my fiancee did)
August 2005 - Awarded K1 visa
Sept 15, 2005 - Entered the US to live, filed for EAD at some point as well.
Nov 18, 2005 - Got married
Nov 05 - Oct 06 - filed AOS, and entered the 1 year period where my 1st EAD app was denied (due to bad info at the bloody secodary in Newark) and my 2nd seemed to take ages to go through instead of the usual 90 days!
Oct 2006 - Received EAD, SSN, driving license and got my 1st US job (which I still hold to this day)
Nov 2006 - awarded conditional GC
Sept 2008 - Filed I-751 in the 90 days approaching 11/17/08
Feb 2009 - Got an RFE, sent off docs
Mar 2009 - I-751 approved and 10 year GC awarded
Mar 2010 - N-400 completed and sent. Actually became eligible to apply in September but had to wait to save the filing fee

Forgive me for my verbosity but I'm maybe a little over excited. A lot has happened in the year since my conditions were lifted. We bought our first house, I turned 30 and just last month we had a new daughter . Now, approaching my 5th anniversary in country and 5th anniversary of marriage, the end of filling in these forms and filing applications may be in sight (unless I have a complete brain fart during the test!!)

Hopefully, throughout the course of the application, I can be of help to others who are applying around the same time and can compare notes of how things go. It would be pretty cool if a fellow BE'er was at the same oath ceremony as me in Chicago, or wherever they do it round here.

Not much to do now until they cash the check and start moving. From what I've read here I could be done any time between July and the end of the year so let's see how that goes . . .
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 sent yesterday!!

Congratulations on taking the final step to USCIS freedom!

My husband became a USC last year and it was very exciting!

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:53 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I filed 2 weeks ago you can do a search

Yes its the final stage hopefully make sure you do your revision for the exam and good luck
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

It is exciting, strange as it might seem. I'm even sort of looking forward to studying for the test. Well, parts of it anyway, I've always liked history. So far the only real research I've done is looking at my son's 5th grade social studies book. I took it upon myself to learn all the state capitals when I first moved here but that's as far as the geography went. I still remember them all though.

I'm a well of useless information and I have a feeling the well will be just a little deeper when I'm done with this test
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I filed 2 weeks ago you can do a search

Yes its the final stage hopefully make sure you do your revision for the exam and good luck
I've been searching for this link since you said you had applied. I used it and found it very helpful. It has all the questions but you have to click to see the answer. Much better than the multi choice sites I've seen elsewhere. The guy did it to aid his own study for the test.

http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tes...ivicsTest.html
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I've been searching for this link since you said you had applied. I used it and found it very helpful. It has all the questions but you have to click to see the answer. Much better than the multi choice sites I've seen elsewhere. The guy did it to aid his own study for the test.

http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tes...ivicsTest.html
Thank you
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Forgive me for my verbosity but I'm maybe a little over excited. A lot has happened in the year since my conditions were lifted. We bought our first house, I turned 30 and just last month we had a new daughter . Now, approaching my 5th anniversary in country and 5th anniversary of marriage, the end of filling in these forms and filing applications may be in sight (unless I have a complete brain fart during the test!!)
omigosh, all grown up now!

there's someone posting about a Chicago ceremony in the USA forum I think.. look for the thread about guests.

Congratulations & good luck!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. I just filled out the form and will probably post it tomorrow if I manage to get to the post office.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Cheers, good luck to you too. Seems to be quite a few people applying right now - it'll be interesting to see if we all progress at about the same rate.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Good luck to you! My husband posted his a few weeks ago and now has his biometrics scheduled March 24 in Metairie, Louisiana. Exciting to be moving forward with this!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:58 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by flagirl
Good luck to you! My husband posted his a few weeks ago and now has his biometrics scheduled March 24 in Metairie, Louisiana. Exciting to be moving forward with this!
Nice one! Good luck to your husband as well

USPS Tracking confirmed my package was delivered yesterday morning, so there truly is bugger all to do but sit and wait now! Hope the biometrics are scheduled between gigs though, I have several calluses on my left hand that need to heal. When I was getting my fingerprints done for the I-751, they were having a hard time with a couple of my left fingers.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for the band, I wouldn't have had the extra $700.00 on hand to pay for the bloody thing in the first place!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:10 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...38#post8415638
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:15 pm
I have a comma problem

OK - I will post my ongoing timeline on that thread now.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
OK - I will post my ongoing timeline on that thread now.
Thank you