Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 questions, Boston - LONG POST

N-400 questions, Boston - LONG POST

Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default N-400 questions, Boston - LONG POST

Hi Guys-

I have not been here for a while, but glad to see that the forums are kicking and lots of great interaction still happening. I filed my N-400 on July 13, 05. I received a Receipt "with exceptions" for missing evidence on July 15, 05. It said something about them sending another notice with a list of missing evidence. Looking at the forums, this seems normal, am I right?

Also, I unfortunately had to mark the "Have you been cited" question with a "Yes". Here is my shame list. Last ticket I received was in 2000. Driving record has been clean for five years. Never been arrested, paroled or otherwise.

1) 3 failure to yield tickets and 1 speeding ticket between 1992 to 2000.
2) 2 tickets for not renewing vehicle inspection in 1999
3) 2 times that I had to go to court in 1999.
First Time
---------
First time because I got two tickets back to back in 1999. Paid one, forgot to pay the other, so apparently my license was suspended. So, when I got pulled over, the officer told me that I had to go get it renewed. Went in, paid the ticket and got my license reinstated. But I had to go to court, where they dismissed the charges upon payment of $200 court fees
Second Time
------------
I had a second vehicly parked curbside for a couple days when I was gone out of town. I got a notice saying the vehicle was abandoned. I had planned on donating the car to charity anyhow and I got it from the tow shop and donated it. Apparently abandoning a vehicle is a criminal charge. I went to court and the case was promptly dismissed with no fine.

1999 and 2000 seem to have been bad driving years. I have been in the U.S for about 15 years. I did hire an immigration atty for N-400 filing and he seems confident that these are benign. But, I still thought I would reach out to the group for comments on how badly these will fare with CZ-ship officer. I know that I am rubbish with paperwork and have a few "paperwork" related tickets, but have managed to come back down to a step 9 driver again with no tickets for five years. I am planning on taking the following items to the interview:

1) Tax records for 3 years
2) P-Port and G.C
3) Mine and wife's Birth Certificate
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Dismissed court case original copies
6) Driving record from Mass and W.V (where I lived before)
7) Immigration Atty

I based all disclosure to CIS on my driving records (I can't recall any other offenses). Two out of the 6 tickets were older than seven years, so while they have a record of it on the computer, the printout from the DMV does not show it. I did disclose those as well for safety. When I went in for Permanent Residence interview couple years ago, the officer just joked that the vehicle that resulted in me going to court was just bad luck and she was glad I donated it. But, I had no issues with the interview except that she needed a supervisor to sign off on it. Did not get called in for I-751 and was approved with no issues.

What should I expect? Should I be stressed? Would a CZ ding affect my PR status in any way?

Advice please. I am not a bad person, but apparently not detail oriented with my driving when I was younger...lol

Thanks
-- Gaude

Last edited by gaude; Aug 11th 2005 at 3:33 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 questions, Boston - LONG POST

From VSC the notification of missing documents is standard to their form letter. We all got it and there was nothing missing nor asked for at the time of the interview.

As for your driving history, doubt it will be a problem and glad you cleared with it an attorney. You need to prove a clean record for three years because that is the base upon which you are eligible for naturalization due to marriage to a USC.

Rete

Originally Posted by gaude
Hi Guys-

I have not been here for a while, but glad to see that the forums are kicking and lots of great interaction still happening. I filed my N-400 on July 13, 05. I received a Receipt "with exceptions" for missing evidence on July 15, 05. It said something about them sending another notice with a list of missing evidence. Looking at the forums, this seems normal, am I right?

Also, I unfortunately had to mark the "Have you been cited" question with a "Yes". Here is my shame list. Last ticket I received was in 2000. Driving record has been clean for five years. Never been arrested, paroled or otherwise.

1) 3 failure to yield tickets and 1 speeding ticket between 1992 to 2000.
2) 2 tickets for not renewing vehicle inspection in 1999
3) 2 times that I had to go to court in 1999.
First Time
---------
First time because I got two tickets back to back in 1999. Paid one, forgot to pay the other, so apparently my license was suspended. So, when I got pulled over, the officer told me that I had to go get it renewed. Went in, paid the ticket and got my license reinstated. But I had to go to court, where they dismissed the charges upon payment of $200 court fees
Second Time
------------
I had a second vehicly parked curbside for a couple days when I was gone out of town. I got a notice saying the vehicle was abandoned. I had planned on donating the car to charity anyhow and I got it from the tow shop and donated it. Apparently abandoning a vehicle is a criminal charge. I went to court and the case was promptly dismissed with no fine.

1999 and 2000 seem to have been bad driving years. I have been in the U.S for about 15 years. I did hire an immigration atty for N-400 filing and he seems confident that these are benign. But, I still thought I would reach out to the group for comments on how badly these will fare with CZ-ship officer. I know that I am rubbish with paperwork and have a few "paperwork" related tickets, but have managed to come back down to a step 9 driver again with no tickets for five years. I am planning on taking the following items to the interview:

1) Tax records for 3 years
2) P-Port and G.C
3) Mine and wife's Birth Certificate
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Dismissed court case original copies
6) Driving record from Mass and W.V (where I lived before)
7) Immigration Atty

I based all disclosure to CIS on my driving records (I can't recall any other offenses). Two out of the 6 tickets were older than seven years, so while they have a record of it on the computer, the printout from the DMV does not show it. I did disclose those as well for safety. When I went in for Permanent Residence interview couple years ago, the officer just joked that the vehicle that resulted in me going to court was just bad luck and she was glad I donated it. But, I had no issues with the interview except that she needed a supervisor to sign off on it. Did not get called in for I-751 and was approved with no issues.

What should I expect? Should I be stressed? Would a CZ ding affect my PR status in any way?

Advice please. I am not a bad person, but apparently not detail oriented with my driving when I was younger...lol

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

As always, you are the voice of calm and reason Rete. What would this immigration community do without you.?

Thanks much
-- Gaude

Originally Posted by Rete
From VSC the notification of missing documents is standard to their form letter. We all got it and there was nothing missing nor asked for at the time of the interview.

As for your driving history, doubt it will be a problem and glad you cleared with it an attorney. You need to prove a clean record for three years because that is the base upon which you are eligible for naturalization due to marriage to a USC.

Rete
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

willesd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete

Rete
I did not that "standard" letter. My NOA from VSC never mentioned anything about missing documents. Maybe because my I-751 had been approved way before I sent out my N-400 application?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:39 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by willesd
I did not that "standard" letter. My NOA from VSC never mentioned anything about missing documents. Maybe because my I-751 had been approved way before I sent out my N-400 application?
I did not get a notification of missing documents either...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317778