N-400 queries

Old Nov 18th 2001, 9:17 pm
Iyer

Hi,

1. The application asks for "Affiliations" Part 10 B. Additional Questions. I am part
of several work-related associations. I guess this is what they want? The reason I
ask is that the instructions say "...answering Yes may not always deny
naturalization..."

2. My I-751 is still not approved. I just copy the NOA and the additional stamp in
my passport?

3. Do I write one check for $250 or 2 checks for $225 & $25 (stupid question, I
agree)

Thanks a ton!

Old Nov 18th 2001, 9:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Yes and two checks

Rita
Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:22 pm
Jonathan_atc

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but one cannot apply for = Naturalization until 3
years AFTER receiving the I-751. If this is incorrect, I have a bone to pick with
whomever told me that.

>
Steen's Visa Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:45 pm
Paulgani

Go pick that bone.

Paulgani

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but one cannot apply for Naturalization until 3
years AFTER receiving the I-751. If this is incorrect, I have a bone to pick with
whomever told me that.

--
    >
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 1:47 pm
Sue

If based on marriage to a USC, 3 years after getting permanent residency

www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/natz/insfnl.pdf

page 18, table of requirements.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but one cannot apply for Naturalization until 3
whomever told me that.

--
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:04 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Dem bones! One can apply for naturalization 3 years (90 days shy of) after receiving
any residency, either conditional or unconditional. You must be resident for 3 years.
See the naturalization section of the INS website, they have a very nice section on
that. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:44 pm
Andy Platt

I think we have previously corrected you on this!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

whomever told me that.

--
Jonathan

Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully there will be turkey available soon so Sue will have lots of bones to pick on; although the person who gave her that information is the real turkey.

Alvena is correct ... it is 3 years (less 90 days) from the time you receive the AOS Approval (I-551 stamp in your passport) if you have adjusted status from marriage to a USC.

Note that you do not have to have received approval of your I-751 for the removal of conditions in order to apply for naturalization. Your I-751 can still be pending (as is the case with some people still waiting 16 months after applying to Vermont).

Rita
Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Default Ooops not Sue but Jonathan

with the wrong information. Do you have this incorrect information on your website Jonathan????

My apologies Sue.
Old Nov 21st 2001, 3:06 pm
Andy Platt

>

>

>
I don't care about non-
    >
I-130. Either way, one MUST
    >
their I-751 approved is in
    >

Jonathan, are you mistyping I-751 when you really mean I-485? Let's put it in plain
English. You can file after 3 years (less 90 days) of being a permanent resident even
if you are still a conditional permanent resident. No ifs, ands or buts - you *can*
do it, people *have* done it and the CSC even published a rule about it saying they
would finalize the processing of the I-751 as part of the naturalization paperwork.

Andy.

--

Old Nov 21st 2001, 3:10 pm
Andy Platt

>

>

>

>

>
conditional or otherwise. So, why
    >
citizenship? If it is three
    >
has about a year minus 90
    >

>

Your error is in assuming that a person who is a conditional permanent resident is
not a permanent resident - they are! *Or* perhaps you are assuming that this person
hasn't been a permanent resident for the time duration - that I can't answer for
though I'm sure they have - but we know they must have been a permanent resident for
at least two years because they have an I-751 outstanding.

Andy.

--

Old Nov 21st 2001, 3:46 pm
Shelley

Andy and Jonathan - You two are posting at cross purposes Jonathan is stating that
timewise an I-751 would be filed before a N-400 could be filed. Andy is stating that
an I-751 may not be completely adjudicated at the time a N-400 can be filed. Both of
you are correct. Take Care. Shelley

[usenetquote2]> > From what I have read, I fail to see what needs correcting.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > "If based on marriage to a USC, 3 years after getting permanent[/usenetquote2]
residency
    >
[usenetquote2]> > www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/natz/insfnl.pdf[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > page 18, table of requirements."[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > One CANNOT file the N-400 even before receiving the I-551 card,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > is this person who has not even gotten the I-751 approved thinking about[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > years, and one must wait two years for filing the I-751, then this[/usenetquote2]
person
    >
[usenetquote2]> > days to wait.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Where is my error?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
they
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 3:54 pm
Andy Platt

>
    >
    >
time
    >

But that's not what Jonathan said. Here's Jonathan's original message that started
Rita and I correcting him:

>
until 3 years AFTER
    >
    >

You see - he's not saying you would need to file the I-751 first, he's saying
it would have to have been approved for three years before you can apply - and
that is wrong.

Andy.

--

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Unless, of course, the heat of Florida has gotten to him and he meant to type I-551 instead of I-751?

Rita
Old Nov 21st 2001, 8:27 pm
Rita

Andy quoted you the law that allows one to apply for citizenship if the I-751 has not
yet been acted on. INS will adjucate the I-751 at the same time as the N-400. I don't
know why you choose to ignore Andy's post and why you continually refer to having to
have the I-751 for three years. In case you have been taking one of your sabbaticals
again, this is not the first NG poster to be doing this. Deb (Can) of the John/Deb
posters also filed for her N-400 and they are waiting 17 months for Vermont to
approve their I-751. INS accepted it so perhaps you should too.

Rita

"Jonathan ATC" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I think we have previously corrected you on this![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andy.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > Someone correct me if I am wrong, but one cannot apply for[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > until 3 years AFTER receiving the I-751. If this is incorrect, I have a bone to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > pick with whomever told me[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jonathan[/usenetquote2]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.