N-400 and photos

Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:23 am
Just Joined

beatle2102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 and photos

Quick, super-niggly question: how should the photos for citizenship (N-400) be submitted to USCIS? Paper clipped to the N-400 application? Left rolling around in the envelope? Sent in the little passport photo holders the photoshops always give you? Mounted and framed in oak?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 and photos

Originally Posted by beatle2102
Quick, super-niggly question: how should the photos for citizenship (N-400) be submitted to USCIS? Paper clipped to the N-400 application? Left rolling around in the envelope? Sent in the little passport photo holders the photoshops always give you? Mounted and framed in oak?
LOL. I believe my husband left his in the little passport photo holder.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:14 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

I read somewhere the best was to include them in a small plastic bad, and staple it to the application.

I only read this AFTER I submitted mine. on mine, I had folded a piece of paper so the picture was still visible, but really stuck to the paper. The paper was folded such that all sides were folded in towards the picture, and the folds were stapled without stapling the pictures.

Since I had read the bag idea, we used it when filing i-485 for my folks.. My Dad trimmed sandwich bags... that looked really cool.

My N-400 was approved, and the i-485 has not been denied yet, so I think either will work.

In all honesty, I think we think too much about these things.... no matter how we send them in, as long as we are reasonable, I expect there should be no problem.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

I'd second the "put them in a small see-through plastic bag that is stapled to the application"; it worked fine for us!

- Tim
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
I'd second the "put them in a small see-through plastic bag that is stapled to the application"; it worked fine for us!

- Tim
We did that for all my husband's pre-naturalization applications, but when it came to the N-400 we got lazy and just left them in the cardboard packet they came in. LOL

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Wonderful -- thanks everyone!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

I paperclipped them to the application and assorted documents in a small brown envelope on which I wrote "photos". I was told that stapling is not a good idea for any legal form.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Hello,

I put my mugshots in one of those paper CD sleeves, wrote my name and A-number on one of the margins and clipped it to the application.

To my great dismay the pictures did not get lost (hoping they would, I had brought a set of really nice pictures to the interview) and will sure make a great impression on the naturalization certificate...

Ah, well!

Good luck,

Rebecca
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shadowboxer
Hello,

I put my mugshots in one of those paper CD sleeves, wrote my name and A-number on one of the margins and clipped it to the application.

To my great dismay the pictures did not get lost (hoping they would, I had brought a set of really nice pictures to the interview) and will sure make a great impression on the naturalization certificate...

Ah, well!

Good luck,

Rebecca
Rebecca -- I just looked at the timeline in your sig . . . wow! I can only hope mine goes that quickly!

Also, I love your idea of putting my A-number on the bag that holds the photos. Although I too wouldn't be all that distressed if they were lost and I had to re-take them -- I look simply dreadful in mine. Like death warmed over. Sigh.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Rebecca -- I just looked at the timeline in your sig . . . wow! I can only hope mine goes that quickly!

Also, I love your idea of putting my A-number on the bag that holds the photos. Although I too wouldn't be all that distressed if they were lost and I had to re-take them -- I look simply dreadful in mine. Like death warmed over. Sigh.
LOL- we have a saying in Germany stating that if you start looking like your passport picture it's really time to take a vacation

Good luck for your application! Sure it will be a breeze...

rebecca.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

John Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud of

Hello,

I use #3 coin envelopes for photos. Staples has them. I then staple the envelope to the application.

Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point

So what size of photos and background requirements are?
Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Americanwife
So what size of photos and background requirements are?
http://travel.state.gov/passport/gui...ition_874.html