N-400 membership question

Old Jun 24th 2002, 1:20 am
Satoshi Katsumo

Default N-400 membership question

On the N-400, there is a section on membership in organizations. How detailed do they
want this information? Do they want airline frequent flier clubs, supermarket shopper
clubs, video rental clubs, etc? How about professional associations?

Old Jun 24th 2002, 7:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 membership question

Does your frequent fliers club or video rental club have meetings and do the members get together for talks and dinners? No they are talking about professional organization such as American Bar Association, Elks Club, VWF, Masons, etc.
Old Jun 25th 2002, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually this brings up a question....

I used to subscribe to a magazine called Brill's Content that went out of business early this year. It seems that they sold their subscriber list to a publication called Mother Jones.

Now I get Mother Jones every once in a while, and whilst reading the fine print one day I realized that I am now a member of the Foundation for National Progress, which apparently all subscribers to the magazine are.

The names sounds ominously political and I really don't care to be a member, which I told the subscription dept. I don't get the magazine anymore.

I wonder if this is something I would need to mention in 3 years when I apply for citizenship...

BTW, I actually downloaded an N-400 form as soon as I got my GC and I am keeping it up to date with trips abroad, memberships etc. I wouldn't want to have to go through a memory bank search in 3 years!
Old Jun 25th 2002, 2:20 am
Satoshi Katsumo

Thanks for the clarification.

Rete wrote:
    >
    > Does your frequent fliers club or video rental club have meetings and do the
    > members get together for talks and dinners? No they are talking about professional
    > organization such as American Bar Association, Elks Club, VWF, Masons, etc.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 25th 2002, 3:20 am
Bm

I think they mean political organizations.

"Satoshi Katsumoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On the N-400, there is a section on membership in organizations. How detailed do
    > they want this information? Do they want airline frequent flier clubs, supermarket
    > shopper clubs, video rental clubs, etc? How about professional associations?

Old Jun 25th 2002, 5:20 am
James Donovan

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does your frequent fliers club or video rental club have meetings and do the
    > members get together for talks and dinners? No they are talking about professional
    > organization such as American Bar Association, Elks Club, VWF, Masons, etc.

I think they meant organizations like the Communist Party or Hamaas.