Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Interview/Test Notification!

N-400 Interview/Test Notification!

Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of
Thumbs up N-400 Interview/Test Notification!

Hey guys!

I'm happy to report and VERY surprised that we got a letter notifying us about Philip's recently scheduled N-400 Interview and Citizenship test.

We just mailed the application last month! Philip just went for his fingerprints on Feb. 10th! The website reports working on N-400's with a receipt date of Sept. 2005. Our receipt date is Jan. 2006!

The letter says to plan on about 2 hours as it is both an interview and a test. It also said to bring originals of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate.

Now we're going to break out the Citizenship Flashcards and spent the next month studying!

I'm SO blown away that we got this so early. I expected that it would be many, many more months and recently even told Philip not to get his hopes up about anything happening this year.

Philip said to me last night, "You know, realistically, I could only have to go to the CIS office two more times."

We're both so excited and, truthfully, I don't know if I would have survived this far without you all!

Thanks for the help, information and support that some of you are so good at giving!

Jen
Old Feb 25th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Re: N-400 Interview/Test Notification!

Originally Posted by jeninifer
Hey guys!

I'm happy to report and VERY surprised that we got a letter notifying us about Philip's recently scheduled N-400 Interview and Citizenship test.

We just mailed the application last month! Philip just went for his fingerprints on Feb. 10th! The website reports working on N-400's with a receipt date of Sept. 2005. Our receipt date is Jan. 2006!

The letter says to plan on about 2 hours as it is both an interview and a test. It also said to bring originals of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate.

Now we're going to break out the Citizenship Flashcards and spent the next month studying!

I'm SO blown away that we got this so early. I expected that it would be many, many more months and recently even told Philip not to get his hopes up about anything happening this year.

Philip said to me last night, "You know, realistically, I could only have to go to the CIS office two more times."

We're both so excited and, truthfully, I don't know if I would have survived this far without you all!

Thanks for the help, information and support that some of you are so good at giving!

Jen

Hi jeninifer

What is the interview date ? I am asking because I live in indiana and I suppose to apply for naturalization after some months . I just want to know how long it takes from the date you get the interview letter till you go to the interview

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ramNagab
Hi jeninifer

What is the interview date ? I am asking because I live in indiana and I suppose to apply for naturalization after some months . I just want to know how long it takes from the date you get the interview letter till you go to the interview

Thanks
It's the first week in April, so we have about one month's notice.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future

It's the first week in April, so we have about one month's notice.
Good luck for your husband in his test and interview
Thanks jeninifer
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The letter says to plan on about 2 hours as it is both an interview and a test.
Congratulations! My N-400 interview and test lasted a whopping 8.5 minutes!

Ian
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:35 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

... Now we're going to break out the Citizenship Flashcards and spent the next month studying!

Jen
Jen:

You probably know this already ... but "just in case" ...

The interview is quite easy providing you know the 100 sample questions inside out ... plus the names of: the two senators of your state, state Governor, mayor, your local Represtative (Congressman/woman), etc. The sample 100 questions (with answers) can be found at various locations on the www, including here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/100q.pdf

The answers are at the bottom.

There is an online quiz that randomizes the questions and checks your answers, goto: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natztest.asp). When you can answer the questions in any order reflex style, you will be more than fully prepared to pass the interview (to become more confident you might, for example, ask others to read out the questions in random order).

The oral and written tests are very easy, mine was: "Write down ABC". I think ABC was my street address. By writing down ABC I showed I understood the request and could write!

Just be prepared, and the interview will be a breeze ... the interview will likely not be over in less than 30 minutes! VERY BEST OF LUCK for your Phillip!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:58 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations! My N-400 interview and test lasted a whopping 8.5 minutes!

Ian
... and mine was 10 mins earlier this month in Charlotte, NC.