Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 interview at Garden City and Oath Ceremony

N-400 interview at Garden City and Oath Ceremony

Old Nov 19th 2005, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

di_mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 interview at Garden City and Oath Ceremony

Hi everyone,

Looks like my immigration journey is coming to and end. I was interviewed on Nov 17th and approved. The interview took about 15-20 minutes, but the total time spent there was about 3+ hours. Showed up at 6:30 AM for a 7am appt and was about 7th in line. The guards didn't let us in until about 10 to 7. Anyway, after the officer gave me the approval notice, he told me I had the option to wait (turned out for about 1 hr 15 minutes) downstairs to receive the Oath ceremony notice which would be for Monday the 21st or wait for the notice to come by mail for the next ceremony, whenever that would be. It was worth the wait. So on Monday I will be sworn in at Garden City. Yea!

Good luck to everyone else.

All the best,

di_mo

Just a quick time line:
12/10/04 PD/RD
03/18/05 Fingerprinted
10/3/05 Rec'd interview letter
11/17/05 Interview
11/21/05 Oath Ceremony
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 interview at Garden City and Oath Ceremony

Originally Posted by di_mo
So on Monday I will be sworn in at Garden City.
Well then, allow me to be among the first to congratulate you! Don't forget to register to vote and get yourself a US passport!

Ian
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well then, allow me to be among the first to congratulate you! Don't forget to register to vote and get yourself a US passport!

Ian

Congratulations. Hope your ceremony is memorable. Be glad you waited for the letter. Many who don't have to wait for months before they get that important letter in the mail. Be sure to bring your green card with you and check the certificate carefully for any errors.

Rete
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by di_mo
Hi everyone,

Looks like my immigration journey is coming to and end. I was interviewed on Nov 17th and approved. The interview took about 15-20 minutes, but the total time spent there was about 3+ hours. Showed up at 6:30 AM for a 7am appt and was about 7th in line. The guards didn't let us in until about 10 to 7. Anyway, after the officer gave me the approval notice, he told me I had the option to wait (turned out for about 1 hr 15 minutes) downstairs to receive the Oath ceremony notice which would be for Monday the 21st or wait for the notice to come by mail for the next ceremony, whenever that would be. It was worth the wait. So on Monday I will be sworn in at Garden City. Yea!

Good luck to everyone else.

di_mo

Just a quick time line:
12/10/04 PD/RD
03/18/05 Fingerprinted
10/3/05 Rec'd interview letter
11/17/05 Interview
11/21/05 Oath Ceremony
All the best,

Congrats di_mo. Good stuff. you did the right thing, by waiting for the Oath letter. I hear of people who don't wait for the letter, then end up with an appointment a month or so later.
I did mine couple months ago. Got my Passport & even voted in NYC.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Di_mo, congratulations!!!
All the best luck to the rest of us who is still waiting to become US citizen
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:45 pm
Nofear

Just a quick time line:
12/10/04 PD/RD
12/11/05 Fingerprinted
12/12/05 Rec'd interview letter
12/13/05 Interview
12/14/05 Oath Ceremony