British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   N-400 interview coming up next week (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/n-400-interview-coming-up-next-week-622866/)

souls canuck Jul 30th 2009 12:08 am

N-400 interview coming up next week

Hi Folks

I am busy studying away, I think I will nail the questions. Do they ask you word for word from the list of 100? Or do they switch up the way they ask the question? I have the quick test which matches the cd plus the longer explanation list. Oh, I know I shouldn't worry so much, can't help it. Just want to make sure I don't get tripped up because I don't understand the question (and I am pretty sure I will be a nervous nelly)

Thanks as always

Noorah101 Jul 30th 2009 1:33 am

Re: N-400 interview coming up next week

Originally Posted by souls canuck (Post 7796422)
Hi Folks

I am busy studying away, I think I will nail the questions. Do they ask you word for word from the list of 100? Or do they switch up the way they ask the question? I have the quick test which matches the cd plus the longer explanation list. Oh, I know I shouldn't worry so much, can't help it. Just want to make sure I don't get tripped up because I don't understand the question (and I am pretty sure I will be a nervous nelly)

Thanks as always

Woo hoo! The time is approaching! They ask the questions exactly as it's written on the list of 100 questions.

Lucky you, the CD was made. When Sadegh was studying, the new CD wasn't out yet, and I recorded all 100 questions and answers for him to study! lol

Rene

Norri Jul 30th 2009 6:36 am

Yes don't worry the questions are the same as the cd.
I didn't pay attention to the pack they ghave me at the FP and just left it behind :frown:
I thought it was just some of the usual bumph they dish out. :o

Noorah101 Jul 30th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 7797263)
Yes don't worry the questions are the same as the cd.
I didn't pay attention to the pack they ghave me at the FP and just left it behind :frown:
I thought it was just some of the usual bumph they dish out. :o

At Sadegh's biometrics, they gave him that detailed study guide with pictures, and he kept it as a souvenier. :)

Rene

souls canuck Jul 30th 2009 4:54 pm

Yay thanks y'all. I do need to remember who my US Representative is :)

Oh, one more silly thing. Say they ask a question to which there are 3 things as the answer. Do you answer with all 3 or will 1 do? Some questions ask "Name one of the 4" while others for an answer (ya ya, I am being over cautious)

8 days..

Kate2112 Jul 30th 2009 4:58 pm

They ask 10 from the 100, if you get the 1st six correct - end of test. I printed out the flash cards and got my husband to test me every night for a week.

Good luck with your test!

Noorah101 Jul 30th 2009 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by souls canuck (Post 7798774)
Yay thanks y'all. I do need to remember who my US Representative is :)

Oh, one more silly thing. Say they ask a question to which there are 3 things as the answer. Do you answer with all 3 or will 1 do? Some questions ask "Name one of the 4" while others for an answer (ya ya, I am being over cautious)

8 days..

If the question says "name one state that borders Mexico", and there are four possible answers, you only need to name one.

I think there are several questions that say "name two of the ____ whatevers", and there are several possible answers. In that case, just name two.

If the question doesn't say "name a certain number of...", and there are several possible answers, you just have to give one.

And as Kate said, you have to get 6 out of 10 correct. If you get the first 6 correct, you're done! Sadegh did it, I'm sure you can! :D

Rene

souls canuck Jul 30th 2009 8:15 pm

Oh I am totally going to ace it eh :)

Thanks again, you know I will be back with a full report next Friday.

meauxna Jul 30th 2009 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by souls canuck (Post 7799170)
Oh I am totally going to ace it eh :)

Thanks again, you know I will be back with a full report next Friday.

What are the colors of the US flag?

You'll be great. :)

ian-mstm Jul 30th 2009 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7799215)

Same as those of the UK flag! :)

Ian

souls canuck Jul 30th 2009 11:17 pm

one more colour then the Canadian Flag :)

freezerman Jul 31st 2009 12:38 am

Originally Posted by souls canuck (Post 7796422)
Hi Folks

Thanks as always

I had my interview earlier this year and took the new civics test. They asked me word for word from the 100 question list.
It wasnt anywhere near as bad as I thought it was.
Good luck!
FM

souls canuck Jul 31st 2009 7:55 pm

excellent, thanks Freezer

adjudicator89 Aug 4th 2009 12:26 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7799215)

You'll be great. :)

Same as the Czech Republic flag :-)