Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 interview coming up next week

N-400 interview coming up next week

Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:08 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default N-400 interview coming up next week

Hi Folks

I am busy studying away, I think I will nail the questions. Do they ask you word for word from the list of 100? Or do they switch up the way they ask the question? I have the quick test which matches the cd plus the longer explanation list. Oh, I know I shouldn't worry so much, can't help it. Just want to make sure I don't get tripped up because I don't understand the question (and I am pretty sure I will be a nervous nelly)

Thanks as always
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 interview coming up next week

Originally Posted by souls canuck
Hi Folks

I am busy studying away, I think I will nail the questions. Do they ask you word for word from the list of 100? Or do they switch up the way they ask the question? I have the quick test which matches the cd plus the longer explanation list. Oh, I know I shouldn't worry so much, can't help it. Just want to make sure I don't get tripped up because I don't understand the question (and I am pretty sure I will be a nervous nelly)

Thanks as always
Woo hoo! The time is approaching! They ask the questions exactly as it's written on the list of 100 questions.

Lucky you, the CD was made. When Sadegh was studying, the new CD wasn't out yet, and I recorded all 100 questions and answers for him to study! lol

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Yes don't worry the questions are the same as the cd.
I didn't pay attention to the pack they ghave me at the FP and just left it behind
I thought it was just some of the usual bumph they dish out.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norri
Yes don't worry the questions are the same as the cd.
I didn't pay attention to the pack they ghave me at the FP and just left it behind
I thought it was just some of the usual bumph they dish out.
At Sadegh's biometrics, they gave him that detailed study guide with pictures, and he kept it as a souvenier.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:54 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

Yay thanks y'all. I do need to remember who my US Representative is

Oh, one more silly thing. Say they ask a question to which there are 3 things as the answer. Do you answer with all 3 or will 1 do? Some questions ask "Name one of the 4" while others for an answer (ya ya, I am being over cautious)

8 days..
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:58 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

They ask 10 from the 100, if you get the 1st six correct - end of test. I printed out the flash cards and got my husband to test me every night for a week.

Good luck with your test!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:50 pm

Yay thanks y'all. I do need to remember who my US Representative is

Oh, one more silly thing. Say they ask a question to which there are 3 things as the answer. Do you answer with all 3 or will 1 do? Some questions ask "Name one of the 4" while others for an answer (ya ya, I am being over cautious)

8 days..
If the question says "name one state that borders Mexico", and there are four possible answers, you only need to name one.

I think there are several questions that say "name two of the ____ whatevers", and there are several possible answers. In that case, just name two.

If the question doesn't say "name a certain number of...", and there are several possible answers, you just have to give one.

And as Kate said, you have to get 6 out of 10 correct. If you get the first 6 correct, you're done! Sadegh did it, I'm sure you can!

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:15 pm
Valley of the Sun

Oh I am totally going to ace it eh

Thanks again, you know I will be back with a full report next Friday.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am totally going to ace it eh

Thanks again, you know I will be back with a full report next Friday.
What are the colors of the US flag?

You'll be great.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Same as those of the UK flag!

Ian
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:17 pm
Valley of the Sun

one more colour then the Canadian Flag
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:38 am
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Thanks as always
I had my interview earlier this year and took the new civics test. They asked me word for word from the 100 question list.
It wasnt anywhere near as bad as I thought it was.
Good luck!
FM
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:55 pm
Valley of the Sun

excellent, thanks Freezer
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

You'll be great.
Same as the Czech Republic flag :-)