N-400 - days out of the country

Old May 16th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

martyfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 - days out of the country

So I've just started looking at applying for citizenship and the form is relativily straight forward with the exception of time out of the country. It's easy to know when we returned to the US but im having trouble finding out the exact dates we left on - has anyone got any good ideas to find out. I know roughly but not the exact date
Old May 16th 2013, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 - days out of the country

Originally Posted by martyfen
So I've just started looking at applying for citizenship and the form is relativily straight forward with the exception of time out of the country. It's easy to know when we returned to the US but im having trouble finding out the exact dates we left on - has anyone got any good ideas to find out. I know roughly but not the exact date
Write a notation saying the dates are to the best of your knowledge...that's what we did.
Old May 16th 2013, 8:59 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Unless one is marginal with respect to either the Continuous Residence or Physical Presence requirements, in which case exact dates could become important.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Write a notation saying the dates are to the best of your knowledge...that's what we did.
Old May 16th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martyfen
Methods I used :

- check your email archives for flight confirmation from airlines. Most of us traveling by air in the last decade will have either booked online or at least got confirmation emails online showing travel dates.
- check frequent flyer accounts online since they will show trips taken on their airlines
- check old expense reports if travel was business related

Obviously, the above methods are more effective for travel by air and travel in the last decade.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

martyfen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone - I was starting to get stressed