Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:51 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

Hi everyone,

I need to file N-400 and tried to look for processing times. They are not listed on the uscis.gov website. Does anyone know how long it takes? Thank you.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

Originally Posted by fun
Hi everyone,

I need to file N-400 and tried to look for processing times. They are not listed on the uscis.gov website. Does anyone know how long it takes? Thank you.
Supposedly all N-400's are supposed to be adjudicated within 6 months now.

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fun
Hi everyone,

N-400 processing dates should be listed under your District Office's timelines.
Although, you will mail it to your Service Center.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Hmmm...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
I hope you're right! I mailed my N-400 like 2 months ago to TSC and they haven't even cashed/cleared my check yet.

When you say 6 months ... is it form the day they receive N-400 packet?

Is it a formal statement from USCIS or our speculations?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one link Look for your District Office under VSC/N-400:
https://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abir007
I hope you're right! I mailed my N-400 like 2 months ago to TSC and they haven't even cashed/cleared my check yet.

When you say 6 months ... is it form the day they receive N-400 packet?

Is it a formal statement from USCIS or our speculations?
I mailed my N400 packet to TSC almost 3 months ago and they haven't cashed the check yet.....hence the Hmm.

It is a formal statement by USCIS that they want to get the N400's sorted in 6 months. Perhaps this will happen once all is sorted out - the massive fee increase should mean more staff and streamlining. However, at the current time, I believe the backlog it has caused is making the process slower than it has been for many years.

Like me, you have just hit it wrong - a double whammy in effect - not only do you get stiffed for the higher fee, you also get caught in the quagmire of those who filed to beat the fee raise. Its just unlucky timing, but what can you do? Nothing.

Last edited by Dan725; Oct 31st 2007 at 12:24 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
Here's one link Look for your District Office under VSC/N-400
Since that link is fairly outdated, you can use the up to the minute one at uscis.gov
Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions

And, for information about the receipting delays (which will still preserve your original received date, FWIW), check this FAQ page and see the menu on the right, at uscis.gov:
Receipt Delays
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for updating the link. A very quick Google search this morning wasn't immediately productive, but I knew that ithe site was around and to be found! I would have preferred the official site (egov) as I know lots of lawyers post links on their sites.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:13 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for all your replies. I believe the Processing Delays Section says that they are currently sending receipts for those applications sent in July.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

This link seems helpful and the delays and must come directly from USCIS:
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2...29-update.shtm
Of course, N-400's are received at Vermont but processed by your local office (e.g. Boston for MA). Seems even acknowledging receipt takes significant time at Vermont and then there's the biometrics, followed by the name check, and then the interview..... We could be waiting some time...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

And the original (strange) link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:25 pm

Alan, what is strange?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you look at the actual website url when you link to it, it's one of the really long ones with alphanumerics etc, rather than a simple (for example) http://www.xyz.com. Hence the "..." in the middle of the address (one can also get tildes - ~ - too when the name is long). I was trying to be helpful and post the direct link into USCIS where the I-751 and N-400 times to acknowledge receipt are posted.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

You can't copy and paste the link into your browse, but here is all of it hopefully:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...4176543f6d1a/?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.