Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Application for Naturalization - Vermont Timeline

Nope! Doesn't allow me to do that. Just RH mouse click on the link I first posted and look at Properties.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Typing:
"USCIS Application and Receipting Update"
into Google gives you the link I used.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
If you look at the actual website url when you link to it, it's one of the really long ones with alphanumerics etc, rather than a simple (for example) http://www.xyz.com. Hence the "..." in the middle of the address (one can also get tildes - ~ - too when the name is long). I was trying to be helpful and post the direct link into USCIS where the I-751 and N-400 times to acknowledge receipt are posted.
Oh I understand you now

While the links 'read' as truncated & strange, they will work if you click through.

Another way to deal with those long links is to use a text label for them.

Write the title of the page: USCIS Application and Receipting Update and highlight that text.
Now click the little button that looks like a globe+paperclip and paste the dynamic (long) link in the popup dialog box.

That puts the link 'in' your text and tidies up your post. See how the text is highlighted and underlined?

Now you just have to hope that their insane website doesn't randomly change the link, as they often do.

HTH.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep, I understand all this, but I wasn't sure how IT savvy you were! I think that the USCIS site logs the web enquiries and gives them a different (128bit-encoded) extension. And yes, one can rename the links. I'm just lazy! I was looking for the Vermont updates in terms of receipt of documents (my N-400 went in around a month ago) and just seeing when at least I'll get the acknowledgement. Obviously each case is different and each stage (especially name check) can take a different time, but one doesn't get to Stage 2 without Stage 1 happening first!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:37 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Supposedly all N-400's are supposed to be adjudicated within 6 months now.

Rene
I just saw your post here, Rene. I don't think that's the case, unfortunately -- at least not at our district office (Norfolk). According to Norfolk's processing timeline webpage, they're taking 7 months to process N400s. We've already been waiting 7 months and 3 weeks. I'm starting to get a little antsy -- and that's saying something!!

~ Jenney
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I just saw your post here, Rene. I don't think that's the case, unfortunately -- at least not at our district office (Norfolk). According to Norfolk's processing timeline webpage, they're taking 7 months to process N400s. We've already been waiting 7 months and 3 weeks. I'm starting to get a little antsy -- and that's saying something!!

~ Jenney
Oh, I know...right after that, or around that time, they slowed wwwaaaayyyy down, now I hear it's more like up to a year or more. Ugh.

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
Yep, I understand all this, but I wasn't sure how IT savvy you were! I think that the USCIS site logs the web enquiries and gives them a different (128bit-encoded) extension. And yes, one can rename the links. I'm just lazy! I was looking for the Vermont updates in terms of receipt of documents (my N-400 went in around a month ago) and just seeing when at least I'll get the acknowledgement. Obviously each case is different and each stage (especially name check) can take a different time, but one doesn't get to Stage 2 without Stage 1 happening first!

Maybe it will help someone, then, while you and I rule the IT world.

Looks like VSC is receipting N-400 from 9/5/07 and earlier.
Processing time will be dependent on the Local Office times, as discussed.

On the '6 month' thing, I think that is their stated goal from the last backlog reduction scheme. Most office are running pretty close to it.. of course what the future holds is anyone's guess!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:42 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
On the '6 month' thing, I think that is their stated goal from the last backlog reduction scheme. Most office are running pretty close to it.. of course what the future holds is anyone's guess!
What's disheartening is the fact that Mark applied well before July 30th when the fees went up. It took about 3 weeks for him to get his receipt notice, and about 4 weeks to get his fingerprint appointment from Norfolk. Since then, nothing. In a way I'm hoping that if I start to complain, we'll hear something sooner!

~ Jenney
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:49 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

Looks like VSC is receipting N-400 from 9/5/07 and earlier.
Processing time will be dependent on the Local Office times, as discussed.

For once it looks like NSC is the one to be with. Receipting from 11.26.07; pretty much current in the world of immigration. They received Mr. P's N-400 on Nov. 29th and cashed the check the same day. Maybe it's payback for waiting over six months for the I-129F back in 2003?

~SecretGarden
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

What's disheartening is the fact that Mark applied well before July 30th when the fees went up. It took about 3 weeks for him to get his receipt notice, and about 4 weeks to get his fingerprint appointment from Norfolk. Since then, nothing. In a way I'm hoping that if I start to complain, we'll hear something sooner!

~ Jenney
Hi, have you tried contacting your congressman to see if they can get some information about your case?
I contacted mine & they sent me a letter saying that they contacted USCIS, & I'm in the queue for an interview & that it would be scheduled in the near future. Kinda open ended answer, but at least made me feel like I may get my interview letter soon.

I applied via TSC, Memphis is my DO.

Sent app early June, fingerprints early July, then sit back & wait.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

~ Jenney
Thats not disheartening - what would be disheartening is if you had got stiffed by the extra fees AND then got caught in the quagmire! Hmm, that'd be me.

Personally, I think compaining will do you very little good; USCIS are having a disaster, and all you can do is sit tight.