British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   N-400 Application Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/n-400-application-help-376170/)

bhola May 28th 2006 5:08 pm

N-400 Application Help

i am preparing to send N-400 application [marriage K-1].I am PR resident since June 2003.I dont know why we have been delaying the application to send in! just busy

I have downloaded fillable PDF form. Can I save it and print it in between or i have to fill all the Qs up and then print it.

Do i have to write N/A in all provided space/blocks which are not applicable to me.

What other documents/evidences should I attach with the application and the checks - $330+$70?

I have worked as a volunteer for few month. do i have to mention that?

Any sample for the cover letter.

Is this updated address:[ Why INS]
USINS Vermont Service Center
Attention N-400 Unit
75 Lower Weldon Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Any other tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

Bhola

meauxna May 28th 2006 5:37 pm

Re: N-400 Application Help

Originally Posted by bhola
i am preparing to send N-400 application [marriage K-1].I am PR resident since June 2003.I dont know why we have been delaying the application to send in! just busy

I have downloaded fillable PDF form. Can I save it and print it in between or i have to fill all the Qs up and then print it.

Do i have to write N/A in all provided space/blocks which are not applicable to me.

What other documents/evidences should I attach with the application and the checks - $330+$70?

Attention N-400 Unit
75 Lower Weldon Street

Thanks

Bhola

hey, congratulations!

About the forms. You can download a trial version of Adobe 7 Pro here: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp

This trial version allows you to fill in the form and save it; other versions may not allow you to save.

Folinskyinla May 28th 2006 5:57 pm

Attention N-400 Unit
75 Lower Weldon Street

Thanks

Bhola

Hi:

You haven't been an LPR for even three years and you talk about "delay"? I am amused.

Other than copy of I-551 card, nothing is required. I've had cases where I-551 has been lost, and failure to file the copy has been no problem.

Don't worry too much about blank spaces -- at the interview, they go over the form with you -- the interviewer will have a high tech device known as a "pen" [usually a brand called "BIC"] with red ink, to make corrections.

No cover letter is needed.

The address is correct. I looked up the USCIS website and, you are correct, they haven't updated the "USINS" -- but that happens -- don't worry about it. [Old terminology tends to stick around for a long time after it is offically obsolete -- happens all the time -- no harm, no foul].

jeninifer May 28th 2006 9:40 pm

Attention N-400 Unit
75 Lower Weldon Street

Thanks

Bhola

Hi,

I don't think the form on the website allows you to fill and save. We printed one out as a worksheet and then filled the form all at once.

Do NOT put N/A - they have been known to send things back for this and it happened to me. Put NONE or leave it blank.

Yes, it is $330 plus $70. I wrote two separate checks, just to be on the safe side. It worked out just fine. The instructions should be clear about what to send. I believe we were required to submit my birth certificate (USC) and Philip's divorce decree. We also threw in a few other things for good measure - with Philip's A# in the upper right hand corner of everything.

I don't think it's necessary to put your work as a volunteer.

We did include a cover letter. We just went over what was included in the mailing, etc.

Philip had a successful interview and is just now waiting on his Oath. June 3rd will be 2 months since his interview.

It's getting harder to be patient!

:o)