My LAX POE experience - too easy!

Old Jul 8th 2003, 9:57 pm
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My LAX POE experience - too easy!

Hi everyone!

I'm here!!! After a gruelling flight from Sydney via Auckland and Tahiti I landed at LAX on Sunday morning. Previously I'd always entered through Terminal 2 and waited forever to pass immigration. This time it was the Bradley Terminal and the difference was amazing. As soon as I entered the cavernous entry hall I asked for directions and was confidently told to go to Counter 17, right down the far end.

When I got there I found that I was the first/only person in line and the officer waved me over. I showed him my CR-1 visa attached to the "mysterious sealed brown envelope" and he immediately had me sign two forms and took my fingerprint. I said that I wasn't sure what I should write for Country of Residence on the I-94 and he said "it's OK, I'm going to tear that up anyway. In fact, you'll never need to fill one of those in again". Then he said "you can go collect your baggage while I finish processing you." Naturally, my suitcase was the last one off the plane!

After a 20 minute wait for my baggage I walked back to Counter 17 and the officer had finished his paperwork. He gave me the whole speech about removal of conditions and asked me to sign a letter saying that he had explained everything and that I understood. Then he smiled, shook my hand and said "Welcome to the United States!" I walked through customs without a question, out the door and into my new life.

Emma and I went to her bank (Bank One) yesterday to add me to her checking account. The girl there knew exactly what to do. She had me sign a form (88-BEN?) and told me that my card would be in the mail and to come back when I received my SSN.

As I said, it was all too easy! Now the fun begins!!

Anthony
Old Jul 8th 2003, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the Bradley terminal is only international flights so I would expect them to be up on all the policies and precedures.
At the other terminals you get the people that don't know alot about the immagration process.

Congrats! Welcome.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Woo hoo! Finally here!

Congrats on your arrival and smooth entry.

Good Luck settling into life in the US.

Glad you and Emma are back together for good!

Susan
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

ChiMiigwech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My LAX POE experience - too easy!

Originally posted by Tbone
Hi everyone!

I'm here!!! After a gruelling flight from Sydney via Auckland and Tahiti I landed at LAX on Sunday morning. Previously I'd always entered through Terminal 2 and waited forever to pass immigration. This time it was the Bradley Terminal and the difference was amazing. As soon as I entered the cavernous entry hall I asked for directions and was confidently told to go to Counter 17, right down the far end.

When I got there I found that I was the first/only person in line and the officer waved me over. I showed him my CR-1 visa attached to the "mysterious sealed brown envelope" and he immediately had me sign two forms and took my fingerprint. I said that I wasn't sure what I should write for Country of Residence on the I-94 and he said "it's OK, I'm going to tear that up anyway. In fact, you'll never need to fill one of those in again". Then he said "you can go collect your baggage while I finish processing you." Naturally, my suitcase was the last one off the plane!

After a 20 minute wait for my baggage I walked back to Counter 17 and the officer had finished his paperwork. He gave me the whole speech about removal of conditions and asked me to sign a letter saying that he had explained everything and that I understood. Then he smiled, shook my hand and said "Welcome to the United States!" I walked through customs without a question, out the door and into my new life.

Emma and I went to her bank (Bank One) yesterday to add me to her checking account. The girl there knew exactly what to do. She had me sign a form (88-BEN?) and told me that my card would be in the mail and to come back when I received my SSN.

As I said, it was all too easy! Now the fun begins!!

Anthony
WELCOME TO ARIZONA!

How do you find the weather here?

Yanne
Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on being home!

I've found the customs agents at LAX to be nice... even though they denied my DH entry.. they were nice about it1
Old Jul 9th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the US!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to America! Enjoy and best wishes to you both
Old Jul 11th 2003, 3:16 am
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My LAX POE experience - too easy!

Originally posted by yannecantik
WELCOME TO ARIZONA!

How do you find the weather here?

Yanne
Whew, it is hot with a capital HOT!!! But I get to be with my beautiful wife so I don't care. And....

(repeat after me)

"at least it's a dry heat!"

Anthony
Old Jul 11th 2003, 11:12 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay, Anthony!!!! An easy POE experience kinda put all the crap before it into persective, huh? Hope the rest of your process goes smoothly, too, and welcome to the US!!!
Kate. xxxx