MY L1B has been approved!

Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default MY L1B has been approved!

Anyone know if it is possible to make an appointment at the US embassy before I actually have the petition back from the lawyers?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:48 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY L1B has been approved!

can i ask how long it took to be approved?? Ours have just been sent off last week.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pejpm1
Anyone know if it is possible to make an appointment at the US embassy before I actually have the petition back from the lawyers?
Yup... You don't need to have the paperwork in your hands... As long as you have it before your interview you can go ahead and book it. Make sure you phone from work though as the tel no costs £££££££££'s
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:25 am
Not a desperate housewife

EnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mellybrown
can i ask how long it took to be approved?? Ours have just been sent off last week.
Hi Mel,

My husbands L1b visa was summitted at the end of the Nov and we still haven't heard back.... its very frustrating. I hope yours is quicker.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:06 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so too - we were told it was a 15 day turnaround!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Off2NYC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EnglishRose84
Hi Mel,

My husbands L1b visa was summitted at the end of the Nov and we still haven't heard back.... its very frustrating. I hope yours is quicker.
Thats a long time! My one was submitted on the 8th December and was back with the lawyers in NYC by the end of December.

It was 4 weeks from being submitted in the US to having my visa approved at the US Embassy in London.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:26 pm
Not a desperate housewife

EnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Off2NYC
Thats a long time! My one was submitted on the 8th December and was back with the lawyers in NYC by the end of December.

It was 4 weeks from being submitted in the US to having my visa approved at the US Embassy in London.
Yeah it feels like a long time! Keeping my fingers crossed we hear this week - or my sanity might not hold!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was back in 2 days with premium processing which is normally supposed to be 14 days. Worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:29 pm
Resident Sillycow

have just found out OH compant paid rather a lot of money to get it fast tracked so fingers crossed it wont be long!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

have just found out OH compant paid rather a lot of money to get it fast tracked so fingers crossed it wont be long!!!
The whole thing was pretty fast for me...

My transfer was approved by my company back in May time. Got the visa in my passport in July time and moved here in September...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Fast track processing (which costs either $1000 or $2000 as far as I remember) means a 14 day turnaround. I believe there is a faster option but you've probably already passed that timeline. I know that the UK has a big backlog on these, which is part of why it can take weeks for the appointment. Lucky for us we didn't do ours in the UK.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel,

It sounds like you employers have paid for premium processing in which case the maximum turnaround time should be 15 calendar days, but we have just submitted L1 extensions using PP and the attorney told us we were likely to get a response within a week.

Once you know you have the approval you need to make an appointment with the embassy in London for the visa interview and stamping of the passport - this can sometimes be quite backlogged, but the DoS website (http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wa...ndon&x=90&y=17) is currently quoting 6 days wait for an appointment and then 3 days for the visa to processed and passport to be returned which is not bad at all.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:37 am
Resident Sillycow

Woot the fast track thing works - he got an email last night to say it was approved and he will get the papers in the next few days and so to make the appt at the embassy - we are hoping to get one for feb 14th
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was premium too and it took about 10 days. I'm all set for an April 1st move. I cant wait, NY here I come!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:29 am
Resident Sillycow

nice one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.