My Interview Today - Not DCF

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:34 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Default My Interview Today - Not DCF

I left my mobile at home, no electrical items are allowed in the building, including ipods, cameras, etc. Just took my bag, with all my documents.

got there early, it really doesn't matter what time your interview is, I would suggest to get there earlier , cos they give you a number and you wait for your number to be called, so doesn't really matter what time your interview is I think, as long as it's meant to be that day.

waited outside for while, went through security, then walked round and in the building, gave my letter of appointment to the receptionist and got given my number.

one big room, with tea, coffee and snacks at the back. that's it I sat and i waited. The whole time numbers are being announced and told what window to go to, I waited, and waited, and waited ate a banana, and waited, got a coffee, and waited

over two hours later.....my number was called.

after all the waiting you don't expect the CO to be gossiping with their colleagues while your just stand there at the counter, but that's what happened.

she went through my file, even though she already had my passport photos i sent with my docs to NVC, i had bought some u.k passport sized with me, because I didn't like the picture on the other ones haha, I gave her the photos to be scanned for the visa, she said that's fine. so if you sent photos with the NVC package, you dont need to bring them, but just to be sure you should bring something, and you only need 1 x passport pic, they accepted u.k sizes, and they do have a photo booth there to do us sized ones its £5.

then she took my fingerprints, asked me questions like have you been to the states before?, what's your husbands name?, have you stayed in the us for longer than 90days? what date did you get married?

she gave me back my chest x-ray on a cd, and said this needs to be taken as hand luggage, or in my purse when flying to the states for the first time. so keep it safe. then she gave me a pink form, told me to sit down and i will be called again for the interview.

I sat down, and filled out the pink form, this form is for the courier you need to put what address you want your passport and brown envelope sent back to.

then i waited, and waited, and waited, and waited.

then my number got called, and the woman was really nice, she checked my fingerprints again, asked me how i met my husband, where was the wedding, it was more of a conversation. then she told me to take my pink form to the courier and pay the delivery fee to get my visa, and what to do with the brown envelope. at which point i said, am i approved? is this over? and as soon as she said yes you have been approved, I burst out crying. it was a crazy feeling, i didn't even cry at my own wedding, but this just bought me to tears instantly.

I paid for standard delivery, £14.80 got my receipt and left.

the only paperwork they asked for, was my interview letter, my passport, my original deed polls (changed my name previously) and I gave them a nicer photo of me to use for the visa.

Take originals and copies just in case, but nothing was needed or asked, also the I-864 was not even mentioned, nothing about his finances were. she asked me about what he does for work, what he intends to do, but it was more conversational.

Oh and I arrived at 8.20am, and left at 11.10am.

wow. over and out. can't believe it. couldn't have done it without BritishExpats
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Interview Today - Not DCF

Originally Posted by gnasher12
after all the waiting you don't expect the CO to be gossiping with their colleagues while your just stand there at the counter, but that's what happened.
Just to clarify, that person wasn't the CO. The CO was the 2nd person you saw.

Anyway, it worked out well... congratulations!

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, gnasher12!

Happy travels to you: Immigrant Visa Arrival
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Congrats

SO happy for you
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:51 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Interesting that the xray is on a CD now. Ours in Sept/Oct 2009 was not.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:32 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

Thank you so much, just got a text from DX Secure, my passport and documents should arrive tomorrow! so freaking happy!!!!!!
and was super quick