My experience at POE in Boston :)

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default My experience at POE in Boston :)

Well for anyone travelling to Boston it was easy!!! For me anyway!

I came in on a K1, fiancee visa and after landing 30 minutes early we had to queue up for immigration. I had quite an amount of hand luggage to take and ended up dragging my wedding dress across the very messy floor lol. Good job it was in a suitbag!

AFter queuing up I ended up with this very nice and young immigration officer who had no idea what to do for a K1 Visa immigrant so had to call over 2 guys.

He was then told what to do by opening up my brown envelope which i was dying to see what was in it. Not much to say what was in there apart from some of the application forms I and my USC fiance filled in. He stamped it and also my I-94 arrival card and my passport indicating I have to be married by 31 May 2004.

Only questions he asked was: "When are you going to marry?........When did you last see your fiance?........Are you bringing over $10,000 or more in cash????........and.........Are you bringing food into the country???

He then let me go and off I went to collect the rest of my luggage which was right there on the conveyor belt as nearly everyone else had gone.

All a very simple process and nothing to worry about.

It has been 2 days since I arrived here and I am loving it. The weather is even warmer than England and thats a first for Boston in the Winter. We are in 65f heat yeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!

Expecting snow on Sunday tho!!

Anyway its great to be on American soil and with my man and future stepdaughter who i am going to see tonight. I have missed her so much!!

Good Luck guys to everyone who is still waiting for their visas to come through.

Love
Gisela xxx

ps.......i forgot to mention they take your fingerprints of your left and right index finger and also a photo from a webcam device!!!

Last edited by whistlestop01; Mar 3rd 2004 at 9:02 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:39 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience at POE in Boston :)

Yay! Good to hear you landed safely and are now able to enjoy life together with your husband-to-be and family.

So when are you going to start preparing the paperwork?
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:46 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Well for anyone travelling to Boston it was easy!!! For me anyway!

I came in on a K1, fiancee visa and after landing 30 minutes early we had to queue up for immigration. I had quite an amount of hand luggage to take and ended up dragging my wedding dress across the very messy floor lol. Good job it was in a suitbag!

AFter queuing up I ended up with this very nice and young immigration officer who had no idea what to do for a K1 Visa immigrant so had to call over 2 guys.

He was then told what to do by opening up my brown envelope which i was dying to see what was in it. Not much to say what was in there apart from some of the application forms I and my USC fiance filled in. He stamped it and also my I-94 arrival card and my passport indicating I have to be married by 31 May 2004.

Only questions he asked was: "When are you going to marry?........When did you last see your fiance?........Are you bringing over $10,000 or more in cash????........and.........Are you bringing food into the country???

He then let me go and off I went to collect the rest of my luggage which was right there on the conveyor belt as nearly everyone else had gone.

All a very simple process and nothing to worry about.

It has been 2 days since I arrived here and I am loving it. The weather is even warmer than England and thats a first for Boston in the Winter. We are in 65f heat yeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!

Expecting snow on Sunday tho!!

Anyway its great to be on American soil and with my man and future stepdaughter who i am going to see tonight. I have missed her so much!!

Good Luck guys to everyone who is still waiting for their visas to come through.

Love
Gisela xxx

Girlie!!! I was wondering what happened!!!
Thanks for sharing your POE experience with us!!, I am so glad it went that easy!!
You are in US soil, You made it, and I am thrilled for the 3 of you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS GIRLIE!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Would you post a link with your wedding pictures? I would LOVE to see them!!!

PS: Did they X-ray the wedding dress??, You should have worn it though
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Congrats Gisela!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Now the fun can begin!!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Steffi
Yay! Good to hear you landed safely and are now able to enjoy life together with your husband-to-be and family.

So when are you going to start preparing the paperwork?
As soon as I have finished cleaning our new apartment!!! lol
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by melody32
Congrats Gisela!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Now the fun can begin!!!!!
The fun has already started
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Girlie!!! I was wondering what happened!!!
Thanks for sharing your POE experience with us!!, I am so glad it went that easy!!
You are in US soil, You made it, and I am thrilled for the 3 of you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS GIRLIE!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Would you post a link with your wedding pictures? I would LOVE to see them!!!

PS: Did they X-ray the wedding dress??, You should have worn it though
LOL yes they x-rayed the dress - it barely fit thru!!

I dont know how to put a link for photos but I can email you them when I have them all set and ready!

Thanks to everyone for all your support!! AOS/AP/EAD next GULP!

Ordered the forms 3 weeks ago lol!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Oh I'm sure it has..tis a wonder snow won't be melting
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:20 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
LOL yes they x-rayed the dress - it barely fit thru!!

I dont know how to put a link for photos but I can email you them when I have them all set and ready!

Thanks to everyone for all your support!! AOS/AP/EAD next GULP!

Ordered the forms 3 weeks ago lol!!
I would love to see them!! I can help you with the link if you want,Pm me if you need any help!!
And enjoy girlie!!Woo I am so happy for you!!