mumbai --administrative reviews

Old Aug 29th 2002, 2:05 pm
Amy

Default mumbai --administrative reviews

Hello to the poor souls who are on administrative review at the famous mumbai. It
seems its the only consulate in the world causing trouble. Well i am trying to figure
out a few things. I am thinking that all of us who are on review are basically on
security checks and not trying to find out if we are fraud. Thats what i am hoping.

To the md(doc), i am also in the medical field with a good job, but i was also on
review. They gave my fiancee HELL that i have two children and i am white, they made
us feel bad. The american male interviewed him. It seems this guy gives hard time
and I wonder how he sleeps at night. Oh maybe he has a wife he can go home to and
not have to worry about how many lives he can screw up in a day. I don't know how he
lives being so ruthless.

Everything was perfect according to paperwork etc. We were not asked to supply
nothing more, just bang administrative review on the first interview. They sayed
they have everything they need. We have no idea why we are under review. I have no
idea how long we have to wait. My god there is so many of us under review that it
might look like it will take years to complete everyone since they are short staffed
and abundance of reviews. My goodness they might need a seperate warehouse to place
all the files. They should just say to everyone who is a k1/k3, you are under review
right from the beginning of the interview and should say to the beneficiary u have no
chance in hell you are getting the visa the same day.

amy mumbai victims

Old Aug 29th 2002, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Jupiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mumbai --administrative reviews

Really? Do you have personal experience with every other consulate in the world?

jupiter

Originally posted by Amy:
It seems its the only consulate in the world causing trouble.
Old Aug 29th 2002, 3:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amy:
Hello to the poor souls who are on administrative review at the famous mumbai. It
seems its the only consulate in the world causing trouble.
Go to Doc Steen's messageboard and see what the people using the US Consulate in Moscow have to say. Or those in China. All of them have had interviews, supposedly passed and no one has a visa. They are all under administrative review since July and China since August 1.

The interviewing is just has harsh and relentless in some of the US Consulates in some African countries.

You may feel alone. You are not.

Rete
Old Aug 29th 2002, 4:10 pm
Ranjini

We know what she is talking about. So get off it. Ranjini

"Jupiter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Really? Do you have personal experience with every other consulate in the world?
    > jupiter
    > Originally posted by Amy: It seems its the only consulate in the world causing
    > trouble.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 29th 2002, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ranjini:

"Jupiter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Really? Do you have personal experience with every other consulate in the world?
    > jupiter
    > Originally posted by Amy: It seems its the only consulate in the world causing
    > trouble.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Thanks ranjini for your support.

Well what i was trying to say that in mumbai they don't tell us we are approved. At least in china and moscow they have the humane way of saying you are approved but u have to wait for a while. Gee, i would of loved it if they would say that he is approved but have to wait for security checks. They make us wonder with our thumbs up our ---- . I have been going through hell why we are reviewed. Its worse cause we were never told we are approved. My mind keeps wondering and have no idea in helh lwhat they are thinking. If I knew what the problem or there hesitations about us then i can clarify it with them. I would of felt so much better if they sayed he was approved and instead we get the 3rd degree treatment.

amy
Old Aug 29th 2002, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Jupiter is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranjini:

OH, Do you really? I didnt know, for someone from Sri Lanka, your experiences with the Bombay Consulate is extensive.

I have been thru's this consulate successfully time and again for various reasons over the last 20 years and i still dont know half of its dynamics. Its constantly changing.

Have you ever experienced Bombay consulate before?

If you havent, then shut up and stop making someone else's experience as your own to give advice.

Go ahead make my day!

Jupiter
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:20 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jupiter:

OH, Do you really? I didnt know, for someone from Sri Lanka, your experiences with the Bombay Consulate is extensive.

I have been thru's this consulate successfully time and again for various reasons over the last 20 years and i still dont know half of its dynamics. Its constantly changing.

If you havent, then shut up and stop making someone else's experience as your own to give advice.

Go ahead make my day!

Jupiter
Jupiter, I'm not trying to give advice here. Amy is going through hell at the Mumbai Consulate. And I don't know if you know what that's like. I don't either. My own experience in has been cake walk compared to hers. But I do remember what it was like to separated from my husband (then fiance) even though it was only a few months in our case, and not under such adverse circumstances either. So what I'm saying is please go easy on her and others going through this Consulate which is everyone's worst nightmare.
The circumstances have obviously changed in recent times. It was probably not that way when you went through. I have been long enough on this forum to know that I have never read the kind of horror stories one hears about Mumbai about any other consulate. Delays, yes. But what they do at Mumbai is something else.
Ranjini
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jupiter:

Go ahead make my day!

Jupiter
hello Jupiter:

I hope you realize the people posting on this board are emotiona and frustrated. In the zest of their emotions, some may say Bombay is the worst consualte in the world and some may say Moscow is the worst.

What really matters is we should help these people and not discet the language they use and confront them or belittle them.

This is a great board, I discovered it on Aug. 26 when my wife got an "admin. proc." at the Bombay consualte and have received a lot of useful info. from other members of the board.

I'm hoping you'd help maintain the spirit of the board rather than confront people as to their statments made in an emotional state of mind.

MD
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amy:
seems its the only consulate in the world causing trouble.

To Jupitor, this u needed clarification on.

OOPSS!! Wrong way of saying this. I really meant that they are one of the many consulates in the world that are causing heartaches, and mumbai is up there for the leading role. I didn't mean to rule out china, moscow and africa and others. I guess i am writing to fast and not thinking cause i am so upset. I am actually writing these at breaktime at work and trying to write my frustrations out. Also this pain I am going through is very hard to focus on patients and their care. Its very hard to concentrate on them and worry about my fiance. That i love him and miss him so much. Its not fair to the patients also, therefore I totally understand how MD is feeling.

So its not the ONLY consulate, one of the MANY, OK!!!!!
amy
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:52 pm
Amy

ok i have to clarify my ONLY statement, sorry for making some upset, i should have
previewed before i clicked to send

OOPSS!! Wrong way of saying this. I really meant that they are one of the many
consulates in the world that are causing heartaches, and mumbai is up there for the
leading role. I didn't mean to rule out china, moscow and africa and others. I guess
i am writing to fast and not thinking cause i am so upset. I am actually writing
these at breaktime at work and trying to write my frustrations out. Also this pain I
am going through is very hard to focus on patients and their care. Its very hard to
concentrate on them and worry about my fiance. That i love him and miss him so much.
Its not fair to the patients also, therefore I totally understand how MD is feeling.

So its not the ONLY consulate, one of the MANY

sorry for everbody who are going through the other consulates, and want to thank
everybody again for helping out and listening me complaining and harping on this

amy

[email protected] (amy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hello to the poor souls who are on administrative review at the famous mumbai. It
    > seems its the only consulate in the world causing trouble. Well i am trying to
    > figure out a few things. I am thinking that all of us who are on review are
    > basically on security checks and not trying to find out if we are fraud. Thats
    > what i am hoping.
    > To the md(doc), i am also in the medical field with a good job, but i was also on
    > review. They gave my fiancee HELL that i have two children and i am white, they
    > made us feel bad. The american male interviewed him. It seems this guy gives hard
    > time and I wonder how he sleeps at night. Oh maybe he has a wife he can go home to
    > and not have to worry about how many lives he can screw up in a day. I don't know
    > how he lives being so ruthless.
    > Everything was perfect according to paperwork etc. We were not asked to supply
    > nothing more, just bang administrative review on the first interview. They sayed
    > they have everything they need. We have no idea why we are under review. I have
    > no idea how long we have to wait. My god there is so many of us under review that
    > it might look like it will take years to complete everyone since they are short
    > staffed and abundance of reviews. My goodness they might need a seperate warehouse
    > to place all the files. They should just say to everyone who is a k1/k3, you are
    > under review right from the beginning of the interview and should say to the
    > beneficiary u have no chance in hell you are getting the visa the same day.
    > amy mumbai victims

Old Aug 29th 2002, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Ranjini,

Contrary to your statement or to the newly floated popular belief, Procedures for issuing visas in Bombay consulate have not changed much.

From what used to be a nice consulate, Rampant everyday fraud cases forced the consulate to adopt certain measures for certain visa categories. K1 is a latest addition to their list.

Until a few years ago, K1 visas issued by all the consulates in India were negligible. 3 - 4 tops a month. This number has skyrockted to over 45 a month in Bombay alone. Wouldnt this raise a red flag? You bet. Besides, who knows enough fraudulent cases were detected for them to slow down the process for "select" applicants.

Take a K-1 couple. Both never married before singles, both share a same cultural, religious background and without a huge age difference. Such a couple is considered to be an ideal recepient for a K1 visa. They generally breeze thru' the process.

Any variation from this picture is immediately flagged for the third degree treatment by the Indian screeners hired by the consulate explicitly for this purpose.

This procedure was in existence for a very long time. I know someone who was married in the US was required by the then INS law to go to Bombay for his green card. They gave sheer hell. They declared his marriage invalid, rejected his photos and video tape. and had to spend six wasted months in India before he was granted his visa. And this was 18 years ago.

You never heard of any horror stories before was for the simple fact that there were hardly any K1 applicants. The so called "ideal candidates" continue to be approved everyday. But then we never hear about the positives or never will.

ralph

I have been long enough on this forum to know that I have never read the kind of horror stories one hears about Mumbai about any other consulate. Delays, yes. But what they do at Mumbai is something else.
Ranjini
Old Aug 29th 2002, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jupiter:

20 years in and out of a consulate.

you must be a soda machine vendor.

ralph

Jupiter
Old Aug 29th 2002, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ralph:
Until a few years ago, K1 visas issued by all the consulates in India were negligible. 3 - 4 tops a month. This number has skyrockted to over 45 a month in Bombay alone

Where do you get these numbers Ralph? The fiscal year 2000 has only a total of 521 fiances passing thru all combined Indian embassies. You can find the Statistical yearbook for 2000 at:http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/ab...MM2000list.htm
Do you have the stats for a "few years ago"?
Old Aug 29th 2002, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ralph:
Ralph:

You mention that the K-1 visas have sky-rocketed from a few a month 20 years back to 45 a month today.

One of the main reasons for this is the easy of communication due to internet and e-mail. 10-15-20 years back internet was either not existent or its usage limited to US armed forces only.

Today, a boy sitting in a remote city in India can chat with a girl sitting in her cottage on a potato farm in Idaho.

Offcourse, this will result in more people falling in love and thus more applyicants for K-1 and IR-1.

This is exactly the point I was making in my other post that the Consualte should also consider the "non-fraud factors" such as increase in use of internet to justify the inrcrease in applicants.

Just becasue there is an increase doesn't mean there is an increase in fraud.

The people I see on this board appear so agitated due to any hardship befalling their spouse/fiance that I bet each and everyone is a genuine sponsor, i.e. not doing it for money. Ya, there may be sitautions where the beneficiary may the manipulating the sponsor, but there is no remedy to this except giving lie detector tests to the beneficiaries.

I guess I've made my point. I'll have to work until mid-night tonight--haven't done any work at all since Monday.

MD