Mrseze's Story

Old May 24th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

mrseze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet Another Nigerian K1 Success Tale!

Originally posted by afroduke
Thank God! The two magic sentence & word respectively here were "apologise accepted" & "congrats". You sure have taken the right steps like me beforehand. Now I can celebrate with a free mind & conscience. To talk true my wahala with you don been dey trouble my mind since, now the log is off my chest. Nor worry I go imbibe ur word to be carefull. JeffB, common & join my joyous train of a successfull k1 interview. Like I told you once, we're in-laws, from both sides(lol)& should be friends. Peace!!!
Hi Everyone, peace and blessings!
I'm new here. So now that everyone has apologized, may I ask a question? I am a US citizen married to a Nigerian since 2000. I-130 petition was denied in December 2003 after a 3 1/2 yrs. wait. We lived in Japan at the time. Can I re-marry my husband in Nigeria and file k-3 application? Thanks for your replies.

And congratulations!
Old May 24th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mrseze
I'm new here. So now that everyone has apologized, may I ask a question? I am a US citizen married to a Nigerian since 2000. I-130 petition was denied in December 2003 after a 3 1/2 yrs. wait. We lived in Japan at the time. Can I re-marry my husband in Nigeria and file k-3 application? Thanks for your replies.

And congratulations!

Hi Mrs. Eze,

I don't have answer at this time to you because am not familiar with the 1-130 route. Hopefully someone will write you soon.

But its my pleasure to welcome you on board,especially to the Nija brigade here.

But if I may ask why was he denied visa? The answer to this might help someone to offer some useful advise.

Bye,

JJ
Old May 24th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi Mrs. Eze,

I don't have answer at this time to you because am not familiar with the 1-130 route. Hopefully someone will write you soon.

But its my pleasure to welcome you on board,especially to the Nija brigade here.

But if I may ask why was he denied visa? The answer to this might help someone to offer some useful advise.

Bye,

JJ
...because he's Nigerian and I wrote to my senator and congressman requesting an inquiry since they made me wait so long - so they had to punish me. It's common. The 'vague' reason stated on the denial letter what that I "failed to satisfy the bona fides by not proving a continued relationship". It's been a real adventure...you'll hear about it someday on 'CBS 60 Mins.'.

I'm not concerned about the I-130 route anymore. That's a 22-month process now in Texas. And the reasons for denying the petition is a moot point. I have the right to file over and over and over and I will. The officer-in-charge is obviously testing me but I've got something for him! The Word says that the Lord knoweth them that are his! I'm looking at alternatives because crying everyday ain't gettin' nothin' done for me. I believe in being proactive. I want to re-file, but no agency in the DOS has my records. Interesting! So, I'd like to know if it's feasible for me to go Lagos and marry him again and file for k-3 because, as I'm sure you know, k-3 can only be approved in the country where the marriage took place. Can't file in Japan because he's left there. Also, looking at bringing him in on F-1 because I decided to drop out of society for a while and do grad school. Could do a Direct Consular Filing, but Nigeria requires the US citizen to be a permanent resident of Nigeria. We're broke so I can't afford to stay in Nigeria and set up house and maintain my stuff here. My husband keeps remitting 'tales of horror' from the Lagos embassy-he says you must be prepared to grease every person's hand; I'm sure it's bad but the devil is a lie! Nobody will steal my future from me.

Again, thanks for all replies.
Old May 25th 2004, 8:06 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

And congratulations!
Hi:

I find your posting a little confusing. You say you've been married "since 2000" but were denied in "December 2003." And now you talk about "re-marriage." That makes me wonder about the intervening divorce you imply that exists.

Although not directly on point, there is a BIA case that states that a 'sham divorce" will be disregarded.

As you may be aware, marriages involving Nigerian males are subject to a well known adverse "profile." Your divorce may very well have added to the problems.

However, I often point out that although the ride may be a roller coaster, Lagos does GRANT visas -- but you've got to scrupulously avoid any game playing.
Old May 25th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I find your posting a little confusing. You say you've been married "since 2000" but were denied in "December 2003." And now you talk about "re-marriage." That makes me wonder about the intervening divorce you imply that exists.

Although not directly on point, there is a BIA case that states that a 'sham divorce" will be disregarded.

As you may be aware, marriages involving Nigerian males are subject to a well known adverse "profile." Your divorce may very well have added to the problems.

However, I often point out that although the ride may be a roller coaster, Lagos does GRANT visas -- but you've got to scrupulously avoid any game playing.
Exactly! If you're confused, imagine how my husband and I have been feeling. My petition was held for 3 1/2 years and then flatly denied. This is why I began a letter-writing campaign to my US representatives (who for the most part, have proven to be worthless. Can't believe that I actually made the effort to go the polls to vote for them.)

I am well aware of the adverse profile of Nigerian men. Remember, I said we lived together in Japan - one of the most racist countries on the planet, but they do it with such politeness. HA! We had to retain an attorney to argue the Hague Convention just so the people would allow us to get married on the same day we applied. The civil registry authorities wanted me to wait 3 months so they could conduct an investigation on my husband's background. I applied for a driver's license and was told it would take 6 mos. to complete the process because my husband was Nigerian. They have very subtle racist policies towards Nigerians but their economy couldn't function without them.

I have not and will not divorce my husband. Again, I state in the previous post that no agency within the Dept. of State has a record of my case file. While waiting for the overseas consular officer to return my original documents, I initiated a FOIA request so that I could determine what mistakes I had made. The Texas Service Center has no records for me. The Missouri Records Center has no records for me. The FOIA Headquarters in DC has no records for me. The Houston Service Center has no records for me, but the overseas consular section had me waiting all that time saying that they were conducting an investigation with my local service center in order to get more information from me.

I'm not playing any games...get it...the game has played me! I'm just trying to move forward by following protocol. I'm tired of crying and feeling sorry for myself. Please read my post again; I will await your replies.
Old May 25th 2004, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Exactly! If you're confused, imagine how my husband and I have been feeling. My petition was held for 3 1/2 years and then flatly denied. This is why I began a letter-writing campaign to my US representatives (who for the most part, have proven to be worthless. Can't believe that I actually made the effort to go the polls to vote for them.)

I am well aware of the adverse profile of Nigerian men. Remember, I said we lived together in Japan - one of the most racist countries on the planet, but they do it with such politeness. HA! We had to retain an attorney to argue the Hague Convention just so the people would allow us to get married on the same day we applied. The civil registry authorities wanted me to wait 3 months so they could conduct an investigation on my husband's background. I applied for a driver's license and was told it would take 6 mos. to complete the process because my husband was Nigerian. They have very subtle racist policies towards Nigerians but their economy couldn't function without them.

I have not and will not divorce my husband. Again, I state in the previous post that no agency within the Dept. of State has a record of my case file. While waiting for the overseas consular officer to return my original documents, I initiated a FOIA request so that I could determine what mistakes I had made. The Texas Service Center has no records for me. The Missouri Records Center has no records for me. The FOIA Headquarters in DC has no records for me. The Houston Service Center has no records for me, but the overseas consular section had me waiting all that time saying that they were conducting an investigation with my local service center in order to get more information from me.

I'm not playing any games...get it...the game has played me! I'm just trying to move forward by following protocol. I'm tired of crying and feeling sorry for myself. Please read my post again; I will await your replies.
Hi:

Your description of your case makes almost no sense. Do you have a legally valid marriage or not? You indicate both ways. You say the application was filed, but then you indicate the application doesn't exist.

You might want to contact a competent attorney to sort all of this out.
Old May 25th 2004, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi:

Your description of your case makes almost no sense. Do you have a legally valid marriage or not? You indicate both ways. You say the application was filed, but then you indicate the application doesn't exist.

You might want to contact a competent attorney to sort all of this out.
I am legally married since June 8, 2000...I filed an I-130 on June 9, 2000...Petition was denied on December 5, 2003...I was never interviewed regarding this petition...I asked the the officer-in-charge to return my original documents by submitting Form G-884...He responded to request them from the TSC...The TSC sent me a letter dated March 18, 2004 stating "no records exist".

Please, I beg you to read between the lines...the overseas consular officer has simply lost and/or destroyed my case file. It's just that simple. I did an FOIA request...the Missouri Records Center sent me a letter stating "no records exist". The FOIA Headquarters/DC sent me a letter stating "if records exist for this 'A' number, they would be under the jurisdiction of the Missouri Records Center".
Old May 25th 2004, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

I am legally married since June 8, 2000...I filed an I-130 on June 9, 2000...Petition was denied on December 5, 2003...I was never interviewed regarding this petition...I asked the the officer-in-charge to return my original documents by submitting Form G-884...He responded to request them from the TSC...The TSC sent me a letter dated March 18, 2004 stating "no records exist".

Please, I beg you to read between the lines...the overseas consular officer has simply lost and/or destroyed my case file. It's just that simple. I did an FOIA request...the Missouri Records Center sent me a letter stating "no records exist". The FOIA Headquarters/DC sent me a letter stating "if records exist for this 'A' number, they would be under the jurisdiction of the Missouri Records Center".
Hi:

Go see a lawyer. You fail to mention the contents of the Notice of Intent To Deny. You don't give the contents of your reply to that Notice. You don't give the contents of the Notice of Decision deneying your case.

You dole out information, a lot of which is contradictory -- unless you are totally forthcoming -- either here or in person with whomever you consult with, you will never be able to straighten this out.

I hate to be harsh -- but I've been doing this for over 28 years now -- and I've had numerous clients I have had to ardously extract information out of them in between the "god-damn government" exclamations. Based upon my experience, I see you doing just that. The bottom line is that you want your husband in the US. Keep your eye on that prize.

Good luck.
Old May 25th 2004, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this what George Orwell might have referred to as a "non-person"? Spooky!

Ian

Old May 25th 2004, 7:17 pm
Mrtravelkay

Default Re: Mrseze's Story

mrseze wrote:

> Originally posted by afroduke
    >
    >>Thank God! The two magic
    >
    > sentence & word respectively here were "apologise accepted" &
    > "congrats". You sure have taken the right steps like me beforehand. Now
    > I can celebrate with a free mind & conscience. To talk true my wahala
    > with you don been dey trouble my mind since, now the log is off my
    > chest. Nor worry I go imbibe ur word to be carefull. JeffB, common &
    > join my joyous train of a successfull k1 interview. Like I told you
    > once, we're in-laws, from both sides(lol)& should be friends. Peace!!!
    >
    >
    > Hi Everyone, peace and blessings!
    > I'm new here. So now that
    > everyone has apologized, may I ask a question? I am a US citizen
    > married to a Nigerian since 2000. I-130 petition was denied in December
    > 2003 after a 3 1/2 yrs. wait. We lived in Japan at the time. Can I re-
    > marry my husband in Nigeria and file k-3 application? Thanks for your
    > replies.

I don't see how remarriage would change anything. After all, you are
already married, correct? Why was the petition denied?

Old May 25th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
I don't see how remarriage would change anything. After all, you are
already married, correct? Why was the petition denied?
Probably because they hadn't lived together (or even seen each other) for about 3 years. That is what I understand from what you've said.
Old May 25th 2004, 8:05 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Probably because they hadn't lived together (or even seen each other) for about 3 years. That is what I understand from what you've said.
Plus, doesn't he have children already with someone else? Another big red flag.
Old May 25th 2004, 8:13 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Plus, doesn't he have children already with someone else? Another big red flag.
He does?? Oh boy I am dazed confused!!
Old May 25th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
He does?? Oh boy I am dazed confused!!
Yes, he does and so does she.
Old May 25th 2004, 8:20 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Yes, he does and so does she.
Oh ok thanks.. I am gonna get some pop corn.. I need it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.