Moving Violation Ticket - N400

Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Jetsoho is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Moving Violation Ticket - N400

Hi,

I just applied for U.S. Citizen throught marriage on September and scheduled for interview on Jan 12, 2005. The end of September, I got moving violation ticket and I pled not guilty. The court will schedule the trial date soon which I have not received yet.

I am worried if this going to effect my interview on Jan 12, 2005 or if there anything else I should worried about.

I read the document checklist which came in with the letter for interview stated that "If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and charges were filed, bring: an Original or certified copy of the complete court disposition for each incident (dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order)

Is this including me?

Thanks in advance for all reply.

Jet
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Violation Ticket - N400

For my husband in NYC,the answer is yes. The records of what the charge was, i.e. speeding and speed caught at, court determination, fine and paid of fine was needed to be given at the time of the interview. The speeding charge had to be signed off by the supervisor. But all went well, hubby is a US Citizen.

Originally Posted by Jetsoho
Hi,

I just applied for U.S. Citizen throught marriage on September and scheduled for interview on Jan 12, 2005. The end of September, I got moving violation ticket and I pled not guilty. The court will schedule the trial date soon which I have not received yet.

I am worried if this going to effect my interview on Jan 12, 2005 or if there anything else I should worried about.

I read the document checklist which came in with the letter for interview stated that "If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and charges were filed, bring: an Original or certified copy of the complete court disposition for each incident (dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order)

Is this including me?

Thanks in advance for all reply.

Jet
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I had 3 moving violations when I applied for citizenship. As long as you are honest and indicate what the result was (paid fine, case dismissed, etc) then you should be okay. Good luck.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Moving Violation Ticket - N400

So what paper should I prepare? I have not received anything from the court yet not even the trial date notice. I was told that it will take a several months for the trial date. Now I only have a copy of the ticket and the interview will be on Jan 12. Is this going to delay my process being us citizen?

Jet
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So what paper should I prepare? I have not received anything from the court yet not even the trial date notice. I was told that it will take a several months for the trial date. Now I only have a copy of the ticket and the interview will be on Jan 12. Is this going to delay my process being us citizen?

Jet
It may or it may not. Bring the copy of the ticket with you. I don't have a clue where you are located in the US but unless you live in the jurisdiction of the Newark, New Jersey CIS office, your naturalization is not going to be finalized on the 12th of January, 2005. After the interview and examination, IF you pass the test and meet the criteria, you will be given either:

1. An appointment date for the swearing in ceremony; or

2. A form stating you have passed and an appointment date will be mailed to you; or

3. A form stating you have passed but that your security clearance is incomplete; or

4. A form stating you have failed the test and will have to take another one; or

5. A form stating you have failed to meet the qualifications and must reapply when eligibility is met; or

6. A form stating you have passed and certain documentation is missing; or

7. Any combination of the above.

Rete
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I live in NY (Rockland County) This is my first ticket. I pleded not guilty because the officer told me to. He told me that if my record is clear there will be no point deduct but I have to pleded not guilty in order to go to the court and there will be the fine. I am really worried about these whole thing.

Jet
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Thanks for your reply. I live in NY (Rockland County) This is my first ticket. I pleded not guilty because the officer told me to. He told me that if my record is clear there will be no point deduct but I have to pleded not guilty in order to go to the court and there will be the fine. I am really worried about these whole thing.

Jet

Not sure what the officer told you. I live in NYS and that is not how it works. If you are caught speeding, even if you plead guilty and go to court, if the officer is there and if your speed was caught on radar, then if found guilty you will be fined. The fine is usually X amount of money per every 5 miles over the speed limit. For example, $100 for every five miles and you were going 75 in a 65 MPH zone then the fine is $200. PLUS there are points regardless of how squeekly clean your record might have been in the past. Unless the Judge in Rockland County has his own law set up, he must follow the prescribed sentencing of the State and DMV. He might be willing lower the points but he cannot do away with them altogether.

What he might have told you or meant is that if the speed was not recorded on radar and the officer does not appear in court, the charges are usually dropped rather than the case postponed.

The above is based on personal experience of my daughter and my husband. I have never been caught speeding. Note the word "caught".

Rete
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

PHILPOTT is an unknown quantity at this point

Now - here in Chicago, for some violations, we get the chance to go to a driver school in lieu of a conviction and no record made of the incident on your driving record - essentially you pay twice as much, spend four hours in a community college and Bob's yer uncle.

Should this still be a matter of concern for the aos interview?

P
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there is nothing anyone can say that make you feel better.... I was going through the same thing when I applied earlier this year and i did not disclose my ticket. So up until the interview date i was all paranoid not knowing what to do... Both my freind and I had the interview on the same day..She also did not disclose her tickets.... I was called in first and when that question came, "have you been convicted blab blah blah.. I was like noo except for a traffic ticket.. so he was like when and where and was it paid.. so i said yes.. he did write it down on about the ticket.. my freind went through her interview and said "no". I was freaking out wondering if i they were going to do more research or something but both of us got the oath letter for the same date. So honestly it is really nothing. Because of the increased security and all, I think they just want to make sure that you don't have any outstanding warrants for any violations. Now if they check everyones traffic records, they would've found a few tickets on my freinds name and if i m not mistaking.. she had one in between the time she filed and her interview... I know it can be very paranoying but I suggest just order your driving record and take that with you. About your ticket, you have not been found guilty so i don't see why you need to disclose. Unless you choose to pay the fines and then you can say "got a ticket on this date, paid the fine on this date".
Good Luck
Sarina
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sarina
I About your ticket, you have not been found guilty so i don't see why you need to disclose. Unless you choose to pay the fines and then you can say "got a ticket on this date, paid the fine on this date".
Good Luck
Sarina

Because if you read the instructions and the application form it asks clearly if you have ever been arrested, detained, etc. also separately it asks if you have been convicted.

I'm the last one to cast a stone here but honesty is the best policy. Who knows but your friend might one day kill someone with her poor driving record and if found guilty of manslaughter the fact that she failed to disclose prior traffic violations that resulted in convictions and fines, etc. might be all that is required for the CIS to revoke her naturalization.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all reply. Actually it's not speeding ticket. It's the moving violation. I am not supposed to turn left because there is a sign not to turn left. And the officer told me that I can cause the accident but there are several cars in front of me turning left also. Even I order my driving record now I don't think this will appear on my record as I am awaiting disposition. No result yet.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it's not speeding ticket. It's the moving violation.
Just to clarify, speeding tickets are also moving violations - that is, a violation committed while the vehicle was in motion. Speeding, failing to yield, going the wrong way on a one way street, failing to signal... they're all moving violations.

Ian
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Moving Violation Ticket - N400

Hi, I just want to update. I went to interview yesterday and I passed. It went smoothly after waiting for 4 hours. Interview took about 15 mins. And about traffic ticket, I did tell the interviewer and she said " it's just the traffic ticket" but she wrote it down and asked to see the copy. The oath ceremomy will be next friday which is fast.

Thanks you all for your reply.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:24 pm
Concierge

Hi, I just want to update. I went to interview yesterday and I passed. It went smoothly after waiting for 4 hours. Interview took about 15 mins. And about traffic ticket, I did tell the interviewer and she said " it's just the traffic ticket" but she wrote it down and asked to see the copy. The oath ceremomy will be next friday which is fast.

Thanks you all for your reply.

Congratulations.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

The oath ceremomy will be next friday which is fast.
Congratulations!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.