Moving to USA

Old Oct 12th 2019, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Prisovery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to USA

My dad lives in the US, Ohio. It seems going the family way is not going to work to get us visas out there or would take a very long time!
My husband is a national pharmaceutical manager and is educated to degree level. I have been in the prison service here in the uk and have since had my own businesses but have mostly brought up my children.
We love Florida so much and really want to live there, we are attracted by the weather and the opportunities for our 3 boys. They are 13,11 and 3.
We are really stuck with knowing what we could do with perhaps moving out there as we just don’t know the next steps to take!
Has anyone made the move and can give some advice?
Old Oct 12th 2019, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to USA

Starting point would be to read this REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Husband obtaining a Company transfer seems tho obvious route.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your Husband obtaining a Company transfer seems tho obvious route.
the company isn’t in the us though so I’m not sure. Perhaps he could look at pharmaceutical jobs in general
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

He would know more about his US job prospects than anybody on here.

Is the plan that you will also need to work?
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Yes I would want to work for sure. Is it best for him to look on us job sites first?
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prisovery

the company isn’t in the us though so I’m not sure. Perhaps he could look at pharmaceutical jobs in general
It's not just about getting a job..... the company then has to justify obtaining a work visa for you. It takes the company time, effort and money, and not all jobs qualify for a work visa.
Not sure what a National Pharmaceutical Manager is. When one reads about the H-1b visa most folks are in the IT, financial, engineering arenas.....
However, looking for a job is the first place to start ......
Old Oct 12th 2019, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Well difficult to see how you could get sponsored for a job, so with the limited information available best bet would for him to get a job with a Company that will transfer him to the US, that way you can come to and work.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 9:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I would want to work for sure. Is it best for him to look on us job sites first?
Keep in mind that if he were to get a US company to sponsor him for an H-1B visa, you would be on an H-4 and would not be allowed to work.

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2019, 9:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What is your dad's status in the USA?

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2019, 6:52 am
Just Joined

My dad is a us resident but is currently going for us citizenship. He has been there for 30 years!
Old Oct 13th 2019, 8:29 am
Just Joined

If I was to be able to work in the us what are the most sought after professions?
I would like to start a business out there really
Old Oct 13th 2019, 10:02 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have significant resources to invest (think $100k plus) then it's not really a viable prospect - plus your children will age out at 21 and have to leave the US if you arrive on an E2.

If you could dump $500k into buying a Green Card then an EB-5 is an option, but I believe the amount is going up to be about $800k sometime soon.

Based on what you have said, it seems family sponsorship is the best option. Have him file for you ASAP anyway, the sooner the better after he becomes a USC, because you never know what might happen to family immigration in the future anyway - Trump is not exactly a fan and if he wins a second term immigration will be under the gun.
Old Oct 13th 2019, 10:03 am

If I was to be able to work in the us what are the most sought after professions?
I would like to start a business out there really
See post #2. More direct link is here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2019, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the comments. I’ve heard that it’s extremely hard to get i the us now. If only I had done it sooner.
wow so even if you are there for years and you manage to become a us resident once the children turn 21 they would be possibly kicked out.
Its such a minefield of ways to go about things!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.