Moving to Las Vegas

Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Las Vegas

My one trip to Vegas was in the winter, have no desire to go back.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I lived there 2000-2016, didn't hate it except for the weather, but lets say its not my cup of tea. I go there now about every month but not for pleasure.
I think there is plenty of work there so may be that is a good reason.
It has plenty of bright lights and desert if you like that sort of thing.
If you like to work and sleep then it has you covered.
You will probably have a nicer house than you would have in the UK.
Me. I like green grass and being able to have access to plenty of water which is not the case there.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 12:13 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jack87
So my question is, would that be a viable option/route to gaining the right to live the the US full time with my family.
No.

Additionally if my wife was to gain international recognition in the fitness industry and possibly be offered sponsorship etc by an American company would this also be a possible point of entry into the US?
No. Well, maybe O-1 I suppose, I know a yoga instructor who did it, but even she ended up getting married to an American because it's still a non-immigrant category (and she got it by being an actor on the side).

I think what you're looking at here is a vacation home, the problem is the US embassy in London is iffy about handing out B-2 visas, but the simplest option is to visit for five and a bit months a year.

You could do EB-5 regional investor centre, but the program is in a major state of flux at the moment and I wouldn't recommend it. Congress is working on major changes to it and USCIS is also working on new rules for it. Personally I think if they enact what they were talking about in the hearings, it is largely dead.

Or, you could do E-2, treaty investor and instead of having properties in the UK, have them in the US and run a management company. Must be a "significant" investment (undefined but any significant amount of property would be sufficient) and cannot be a "subsistence" job so basically you would need to hire an office manager.

But E-2 is also non-immigrant - quit the job and you have to leave.

In any event I would try the option of living in Las Vegas for a few months first, I can't stand the place personally.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve_
No.

Or, you could do E-2, treaty investor and instead of having properties in the UK, have them in the US and run a management company. Must be a "significant" investment (undefined but any significant amount of property would be sufficient) and cannot be a "subsistence" job so basically you would need to hire an office manager.
Or Pool Cleaning?
Old Mar 1st 2016, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

jack87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_

Well, maybe O-1 I suppose, I know a yoga instructor who did it, but even she ended up getting married to an American because it's still a non-immigrant category (and she got it by being an actor on the side).
I was thinking EB-1
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking EB-1
I am struggling to match this visa description with your first post in this thread. Which category do you think fits?

Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1

You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you have an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager. Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met...
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...reference-eb-1
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 5:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking EB-1
Do you have any other thoughts?
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Multinational Property Manager?

Also there are pools I am sure other that in the US.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Owen778
I am struggling to match this visa description with your first post in this thread. Which category do you think fits?

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...reference-eb-1
Athletic ability - my wife is a fitness model in the UK with an expanding profile of which the aim is to push for international publication etc plus the addition of working with US based supplement and advertising companies.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Athletic ability - my wife is a fitness model in the UK with an expanding profile of which the aim is to push for international publication etc plus the addition of working with US based supplement and advertising companies.
Has she discussed this with her Management Company? H1b comes to mind.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Has she discussed this with her Management Company? H1b comes to mind.
We are only interested in pursuing visas which could lead to permanent residency such as EB-1 or investing in the regional centers program which by the sounds of things might not be an option for much longer anyway.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 1:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We are only interested in pursuing visas which could lead to permanent residency...
Why do you believe that you can't become a PR via an H-1B? Lots of people become PR's via that route. Given that your current options are somewhat limited, one would think you'd be open to alternate routes.

Ian
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 2:09 am
Account Closed

We are only interested in pursuing visas which could lead to permanent residency such as EB-1 or investing in the regional centers program which by the sounds of things might not be an option for much longer anyway.
So what did her Management Company suggest?
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 4:27 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

My H1B hubby and H4 self are now citizens...
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wintersong
My H1B hubby and H4 self are now citizens...
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction of an alternative, shall have a look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.