Moving a F2A category case?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

tijbedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving a F2A category case?

Hi I hope you can advice me in this matter.

I am a LPR and my wife is currently in India. Her I-130 has been approved and was moved to India from the NVC. Her priority date is April 23rd 2002, which wasn't bad a while ago but now the Visa Office is talking about retrogressing the dates in our category (f2A). My question is that my wife also has a Immigration Visa for Canada, and can live there, Should we move the case to Canada? Is that wise? If its doable how should I go about it and is it a big hassle.

Thanks,
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving a F2A category case?

Originally Posted by tijbedi
Should we move the case to Canada? Is that wise? If its doable how should I go about it and is it a big hassle.
If you are talking about trying to move the paperwork to Canada to help speed things up in order for her to move to the US... it's a stupid idea!

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Moving a F2A category case?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you are talking about trying to move the paperwork to Canada to help speed things up in order for her to move to the US... it's a stupid idea!

Ian
Its not to speed up the process, its so that she doesn't have to go back to India when her date becomes current and may I ask why is that stupid? if U.S will take 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000 years to process someone's application are people supposed to be stuck where they were when they applied?

I guess the answer I am now looking for is, is it doable and if yes how?

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Its not to speed up the process, its so that she doesn't have to go back to India when her date becomes current.
You said, "should we move the case to Canada". To me, this indicates that you want Canada to become involved in the process to get your wife to the US... and that doesn't make sense at all. Also, when "her date becomes current" she will be able to get a visa and move to the US. And, since she's currently in India as you said, why would she need "to go back to India"?

Anyway... let me see if I understand you now. You're suggesting that she use the Canadian immigration visa to move to Canada so that she's closer to you, and then wait in Canada until she can move to the US?

If this is what you're suggesting, there are a few problems. One, she will need to be in India for an interview because that's where the visa is being processed. Two, you may not be able to simply transfer the case from India to Canada. Three, if she does move to Canada first, you may need to resubmit all the paperwork, because now Canada will be processing the visa - and I'm not sure you can keep the same priority date.

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cool, thanks.

Yes I was just planning to move the case to Canada becuase I want her to move here so atleast I can visit her and every now and then.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You said, "should we move the case to Canada". To me, this indicates that you want Canada to become involved in the process to get your wife to the US... and that doesn't make sense at all. Also, when "her date becomes current" she will be able to get a visa and move to the US. And, since she's currently in India as you said, why would she need "to go back to India"?

Anyway... let me see if I understand you now. You're suggesting that she use the Canadian immigration visa to move to Canada so that she's closer to you, and then wait in Canada until she can move to the US?

If this is what you're suggesting, there are a few problems. One, she will need to be in India for an interview because that's where the visa is being processed. Two, you may not be able to simply transfer the case from India to Canada. Three, if she does move to Canada first, you may need to resubmit all the paperwork, because now Canada will be processing the visa - and I'm not sure you can keep the same priority date.

Ian
I don't get it. Why can't she move to Canada (she has a visa to do so?) and have her case processed in the Consulate there? A K-3 has to go through the country wehre the marriage took place, but the IV can go local based on her residence.
Am I missing something?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I thought, that moving a case is easy, but IAN has negative opinions about everything as always.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

IAN has negative opinions about everything as always.
Hey... go ahead and do whatever you want! It makes no difference to me whatsoever. It's your life... well, such as it is.

Ian