Wikiposts

Moscow Interview date set

Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moscow Interview date set

Leslie,

Here is the recap :

The MSC approved our petition on the 12th of March, 2003 and passed it along to the NVC. I was discouraged from bugging the NVC about it for 120 days because, "Well, you know, since 9/11, you know..." It was a mistake on my part to not be more agressive prior to the 120 days elapsing.

I wrote a letter to one of my US senators, who did nothing with it. Then I wrote (actually edited the old one) another letter to my other senator, whose office responded that they would pass my letter along to the FBI Records Management Division. The only reason they knew to do that is that, in my letter I specifically referred to the FBI RMD as the location of the bottleneck. In the mean time jg1012002 turned me on to the direct line and FAX number for the FBI RMD.

I faxed a copy of the letter I had sent to my second senator to them and followed up with a phone call couple of days later. THAT was when things broke loose. Mr. David Hardy of the FBI RMD found the problem, being that my wife's birthday had been entered by the clerk at the NVC as 02-o1-1961 rather than 02-01-1961. He further discovered that no name check had been submitted at all for my stepdaughter. He corrected both problems and sent the results back to the NVC promptly and the problem was solved. The NVC sent our packet to the consulate in Moscow and Elena and Ann's interviews are now set. Our packet was at the NVC for a total of 6.5 months!!

I don't have the contact numbers with me now but if you would like to provide me with your email address in a PM I'll email you the text of the letter, which, if I do say so myself, was finely crafted, and all of the contact information you will need. I can't emphasize enough that you not wait to put the full court press on these guys, otherwise time will pass and you will still be separated.

Let me know if I can help.

Richard III

Originally posted by Leslie66
Richard,

I remember in a previous thread you were telling me that your file got stuck for 5 months at the NVC, something to do with an incorrect date of birth for your wife. Do you mind going back over what happened and how you got to the bottom of it? I'm at the NVC right now (hopefully already forwarded). I have just started calling the NVC help-line and have yet to be able to get through to a live person. Thanks for any information you can give.

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:41 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Richard.

I am sending you my e-mail in a PM, I would really like to see what you have. I actually found out today that my file was forwarded on October 15th (Thank God). I still want to see it if it's OK with you.

Leslie

Originally posted by Richard III
Leslie,

Here is the recap :

The MSC approved our petition on the 12th of March, 2003 and passed it along to the NVC. I was discouraged from bugging the NVC about it for 120 days because, "Well, you know, since 9/11, you know..." It was a mistake on my part to not be more agressive prior to the 120 days elapsing.

I wrote a letter to one of my US senators, who did nothing with it. Then I wrote (actually edited the old one) another letter to my other senator, whose office responded that they would pass my letter along to the FBI Records Management Division. The only reason they knew to do that is that, in my letter I specifically referred to the FBI RMD as the location of the bottleneck. In the mean time jg1012002 turned me on to the direct line and FAX number for the FBI RMD.

I faxed a copy of the letter I had sent to my second senator to them and followed up with a phone call couple of days later. THAT was when things broke loose. Mr. David Hardy of the FBI RMD found the problem, being that my wife's birthday had been entered by the clerk at the NVC as 02-o1-1961 rather than 02-01-1961. He further discovered that no name check had been submitted at all for my stepdaughter. He corrected both problems and sent the results back to the NVC promptly and the problem was solved. The NVC sent our packet to the consulate in Moscow and Elena and Ann's interviews are now set. Our packet was at the NVC for a total of 6.5 months!!

I don't have the contact numbers with me now but if you would like to provide me with your email address in a PM I'll email you the text of the letter, which, if I do say so myself, was finely crafted, and all of the contact information you will need. I can't emphasize enough that you not wait to put the full court press on these guys, otherwise time will pass and you will still be separated.

Let me know if I can help.

Richard III
Old Oct 28th 2003, 1:15 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Hi Richard!!!

My congratulation about scheduling of an interview. I see you got married in Denver I didn't know that you are so close

Wish you luck!!!!

Olenka
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Olenka,

We are practically Front Range Neighbors. My office is in Denver but I live in Loveland, about 50 miles north of Denver.

I hope things are going well for you and yours and you are enjoying the most beautiful Rocky Mountain Autumn in my memory. Stay in touch and take care.

Richard III

Originally posted by OlenkaKyiv
Hi Richard!!!

My congratulation about scheduling of an interview. I see you got married in Denver I didn't know that you are so close

Wish you luck!!!!

Olenka