Wikiposts

Moscow Interview date set

Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Moscow Interview date set

I received a letter from the consulate in Moscow this week telling me to take it easy, 9/11 was hosing things up, they had a flat tire, the dog ate their homework, they ran out of gas, their daughter flushed the keys down the toilet, etc.

BUT, they gave me a MOS number. When I caught up with myself this week, I put the MOS number into the search engine on my browser when on their interview appointment page and I got two hits, one for Elena and one for Ann!!! Their appointments are scheduled for November 26, 2003!! Elena hasn't received her packet 3 from the consulate yet, in fact she doesn't know about this yet and I can't hook up with her for a couple of hours. I can hardly sit still. Elena and Ann COULD be here for Christmas, it's possible. Just when I was beginning to think they might not be able to immigrate until next year. Wow, it's been a long, long time.

Richard III
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moscow Interview date set

Originally posted by Richard III
I received a letter from the consulate in Moscow this week telling me to take it easy, 9/11 was hosing things up, they had a flat tire, the dog ate their homework, they ran out of gas, their daughter flushed the keys down the toilet, etc.

BUT, they gave me a MOS number. When I caught up with myself this week, I put the MOS number into the search engine on my browser when on their interview appointment page and I got two hits, one for Elena and one for Ann!!! Their appointments are scheduled for November 26, 2003!! Elena hasn't received her packet 3 from the consulate yet, in fact she doesn't know about this yet and I can't hook up with her for a couple of hours. I can hardly sit still. Elena and Ann COULD be here for Christmas, it's possible. Just when I was beginning to think they might not be able to immigrate until next year. Wow, it's been a long, long time.

Richard III
Oh, Richard, that's so wonderful!!! I think it's interesting that they could set an interview date w/o receiving forms back from P3 yet....I thought they needed that first! I guess that goes to show every embassy is different. What a wonderful way to end the work week, I'll bet you'll have a nice relaxing weekend NOW! :-)

So very happy for all 3 of you.....

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Oct 25th 2003, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

cafisher03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Richard!!
We are right behind you! We cleared NVC on 10/06, and our interview set for 12/02. No packet three yet either, but consulate says it is on the way. Hope you get your wish, and have a VERY Merry Christmas season! Best of luck to you and your future bride!!:-)

Noorah,
You are right, every consulate is different. Moscow receives cable from NVC advising what files are enroute, and schedule interview. Then when documents are received from NVC, packet 3 is forwarded to fiancee.

Chris

Richard III
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Chris -

Thanks for your kind words. Actually, Elena and I are already married, October 2, 2003 was our first anniversary. We were actually working on plans to get together in November for a week or so to celebrate (late) our anniversary. It is encouraging to note some consistency in approval dates and interview dates, shows they have a method. They better have, they push an incredible number of interviewees through the consulate in Moscow every week. Where is your fiancee from? My wife lives in Cherkessk, a bit east of the Black Sea.

I hope all goes well for you and yours. It sounds as if it may be possible that your fiancee may be able to immigrate before the new year as well.

Richard III

Originally posted by cafisher03
Congratulations Richard!!
We are right behind you! We cleared NVC on 10/06, and our interview set for 12/02. No packet three yet either, but consulate says it is on the way. Hope you get your wish, and have a VERY Merry Christmas season! Best of luck to you and your future bride!!:-)

Noorah,
You are right, every consulate is different. Moscow receives cable from NVC advising what files are enroute, and schedule interview. Then when documents are received from NVC, packet 3 is forwarded to fiancee.

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rene -

At this point, I don't care HOW they do what they do as long as they DO it. I have, in fact had a wonderful weekend. When I talked to Elena last she told me how important our phone calls are to her, "hearing your voice reassures me that this isn't just a fairy tail, that it is really real." It has seemed unreal at times because of the long gaps between good news. I am grateful for ANY progress, no matter how small. Thank you for your good wishes. I hope things are going well for you and yours.

Richard III

Originally posted by Noorah101
Oh, Richard, that's so wonderful!!! I think it's interesting that they could set an interview date w/o receiving forms back from P3 yet....I thought they needed that first! I guess that goes to show every embassy is different. What a wonderful way to end the work week, I'll bet you'll have a nice relaxing weekend NOW! :-)

So very happy for all 3 of you.....

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:58 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

And to think people say that moving house is the most stressful thing in life. They have obviously not been through the immigration process.

Many congrats on your news Richard, its amazing how all the frustration gets forgotten for a moment when something positive happens.
Am sure everybody wishes you the best of luck and hopefully you guys will be re-united soon.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Richard !!!!!!!! This is great news. I'm waiting to hear this exact same thing. I will be so thrilled to hear my petition has left the NVC and they contact my husband with his interview date. You've been waiting a lot longer than I have though. You deserve to be with your wife soon.

Leslie
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

Richard III
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:42 am
Just Joined

cafisher03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Richard, your very welcome!
I apologize for not seeing earlier your signature showing you and Elena had married already! Belated congrats on your one year anniversary, and pray for you to have a wonderful visit in November! When was the last time you were there? Soon this will all be behind you and you both will be enjoying life in the same hemisphere! Yes, I agree that it finally looks as if they are beginning to get through their growing pains at NVC as well as the embassy. It really is pity that it has taken so long for the wheels of progress to have taken so long...but we are talking about a government.
Alina is from St Petersburg. Winter has come early bringing snow, so she and Andrey are so ready to come to the mild winter of Florida. She is keeping busy now taking care of business on her end. She wants time to pass VERY quickly! :-)) She has begun to set up transportation and motel to travel to Moscow. She also set her appointment for her physical. I think she is getting a little excited! I must be rubbing off on her!! We are not scheduling the flight to Atlanta yet, but it sure is tempting to do so! A December arrival would be a dream come true!!

Chris
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris -

Actually, it looks like we are going to skip my trip to St. Petersburg in November because it looks like Elena and Ann could be here in December. I've actually never been to Russia. We are planning a trip next year for me to meet her son, mother and sister.

I know that winters are harsh in St. Petersburg. Elena's son, Sasha, attends university there. It is not necessarily a place you would like to be in, say, January.

Wishing you and yours all the very best of everything

Richard III

Originally posted by cafisher03
Richard, your very welcome!
I apologize for not seeing earlier your signature showing you and Elena had married already! Belated congrats on your one year anniversary, and pray for you to have a wonderful visit in November! When was the last time you were there? Soon this will all be behind you and you both will be enjoying life in the same hemisphere! Yes, I agree that it finally looks as if they are beginning to get through their growing pains at NVC as well as the embassy. It really is pity that it has taken so long for the wheels of progress to have taken so long...but we are talking about a government.
Alina is from St Petersburg. Winter has come early bringing snow, so she and Andrey are so ready to come to the mild winter of Florida. She is keeping busy now taking care of business on her end. She wants time to pass VERY quickly! :-)) She has begun to set up transportation and motel to travel to Moscow. She also set her appointment for her physical. I think she is getting a little excited! I must be rubbing off on her!! We are not scheduling the flight to Atlanta yet, but it sure is tempting to do so! A December arrival would be a dream come true!!

Chris
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jg -

Thank you. You must know that it was only with your help were we able to get things moving again after they stalled at the NVC over the infamous 02o1 date FUBAR. Your assistance shaved weeks off of our waiting time. We are very grateful to you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Richard III

Originally posted by jg1012002
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:46 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Wow, Richard, I didn't notice this before. I'm happy things are finally moving after that sinister message about delays at Moscow.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Heba -

I know, thanks. I know I'm not alone in this, at least not in this company, but I am sick to death of hearing the old 9/11 excuse for EVERYTHING from the government. It's wearing just a bit thin. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I have seen little evidence that they are doing anything at all to improve efficiency or effectiveness in their procedures. I suppose I should place the blame at the feet of congress for failure to fund these processes adequately. In truth, I feel more than a little sorry for the poor employees of these agencies. They must be working in awful conditions, clearly understaffed and with hopelessly large workloads and backlogs. It can't be pretty, can it?

All the best to you, Heba, I hope all goes well for you and yours.

Richard III

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Wow, Richard, I didn't notice this before. I'm happy things are finally moving after that sinister message about delays at Moscow.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 4:30 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Richard,

I remember in a previous thread you were telling me that your file got stuck for 5 months at the NVC, something to do with an incorrect date of birth for your wife. Do you mind going back over what happened and how you got to the bottom of it? I'm at the NVC right now (hopefully already forwarded). I have just started calling the NVC help-line and have yet to be able to get through to a live person. Thanks for any information you can give.

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2003, 4:36 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Richard III
Woo great! isnt a great feeling?? Congrats!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.