Moscow cnsulate is alive !

Old Apr 9th 2001, 4:24 pm
mike muncy

After sending an e-mail to Moscow asking about my approval I got the following reply.
What was a surprise is the request for her marriage certificate, I thought they only
wanted to see her divorce papers. Also there is no mention of the pacage #3, but I
have heard they no longer use it.

Mail message

From: [email protected] (Consular0,=A0Moscow) Date: Mon, Apr 9, 2001,
4:31pm (EDT+8) To: [email protected] Subject: RE: k-1 visa

Dear Mr. Muncy: We are pleased to inform you that we have received Ms.( my fiancee's
) case and scheduled her visa interview appointment for May 15, 2001. If this date is
inconvenient, she is welcome to arrange another date after May 15. This can be done
by calling (095) 728-5599 any business day between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.

At the visa interview, Ms.( my fiancee ) will be required to present her foreign
travel passport, her original birth certificate, her marriage certificate, a police
certificate stating whether she has a history of criminal convictions, and the
results of the medical examination she will be required to complete here in Moscow
(it takes 30 hours to obtain the results). Ms. Morunova must bring the original and
photocopy of each document. Also, it is necessary to provide translations of all
documents that are not in English.

There are four medical facilities in Moscow at which Ms (.my fiancee) can complete
the required medical examination. They are: the American Medical Center (AMC),
7095-956-3366, a/o Meditsina, 7-095-251-9799, the Filatov Clinic, 7-095-423-7780, and
the International Organization for Migration (IOM), 7-095-949-0299.

The only additional information we need from you are the documents showing your
ability to support Ms. Morunova in the United States, such as a letter from your
employer, bank statements or your recent tax returns. Sincerely, Public Liaison Unit