More questions... please help us.

Old Jan 19th 2002, 2:48 am
Michelle Marie

Hello there,

We have some more questions... hope you could share with us your knowledge on
this matter.

I am working to fill out the I-485 for my wife. She is a H1-B VISA holder and has
left her job to marry me in another state. There is a question on the form regarding
her "current occupation", what should we fill this with? NONE or her old occupation?
(note: she left her job less than 30 days ago.)

Regarding the I-765, we need to fill out a "SIGNATURE CARD". What is this? And what
is "a copy of your last EAD"? Can anyone explain?

For supporting documentation such as certified birth certificates, would it be ok to
submit PHOTOCOPIES? (we are including in every application an FC-029, stating that
all copies are true and correct)

Does my wife have to fill out a 4-page G-325A for EACH of the following applications
(I-130, I-485, I-131)???

If I remember it right, we also need to enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Anyone knows what size and how much postage?

Thank you for any information.

B.

Old Jan 19th 2002, 6:11 am
Lisa

[email protected] (Michelle Marie)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I'll try.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Probably the field where she would work, if she were working. Or another way to look
at it is with no job it should be "NONE." Not sure on that one.

>

According to the INS website, you must fill out such a card (I don't know what it is)
and it is not downloadable. Under "Special Instructions" when you look at the I-765
download page, it states that this is obtainable through the mail or at any INS
office/Sub-office.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fo...orms/i-765.htm

>
    >

EAD is an Employment Authorization Document. It's what the I-765 form gets you. As an
H1-B holder, she probably didn't need one, because the visa itself is for authorized
work. That's just a guess though. Anyway, if she doesn't have an old one, simply
apply for a new EAD document by checking "Permission to accept employment."

>
    >
    >

Photocopies are fine, but take the originals to show at the interview. We sent copies
with no FC-029 and we were approved on Tuesday.

>
    >
    >

One set of four G-325A forms is sufficent for all applications.

>
    >
    >
    >

For what? When we filed our I-130/I-485, we didn't need a SASE.

>
    >
    >

Old Jan 19th 2002, 2:33 pm
Betastar

[usenetquote2]>> Hello there,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> We have some more questions... hope you could share with us your knowledge on this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> matter.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

I'll make some corrections

[usenetquote2]>> I am working to fill out the I-485 for my wife. She is a H1-B VISA holder and has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> left her job to marry me in another state. There is a question on the form[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> regarding her "current occupation", what should we fill this with? NONE or her old[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> occupation? (note: she left her job less than 30 days ago.)[/usenetquote2]

NONE - if she is not currently employed, she has no current occupation.

[usenetquote2]>> Regarding the I-765, we need to fill out a "SIGNATURE CARD". What is this?[/usenetquote2]

She'll sign the card when she's called in to get her EAD - don't worry about this one
right now.

Betastar

Old Jan 19th 2002, 2:39 pm
Barbara Anderson

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi.

I am pretty certain that the "signature card" is no longer needed when you file the
application for EAD. My husband didn't have the "signature card" and we sent his
forms to the Atlanta office without it. He got his EAD less than 45 days after
Atlanta received his application.

The person applying for the EAD has to go to the INS office in person to have it
made. The INS had him sign some sort of "signature card" at the office and they also
took his photograp and fingerprint for the EAD. The EAD card was made for him while
he waited.

If you look back through some of the old postings to this newsgroup, I believe you
will find other people have had the same experience as my husband.

Good luck.