More EAD questions?

Old Mar 4th 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

NYC2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More EAD questions?

Hi all

Some questions for me now. I am hopefully going to be moving to the US at the end of march as an L2 spouse. Interview this week.I have lived in the states before but on an E1 visa (spouse) and I have a SSN and held an EAD from 2010-2014. I have some questions :

1. Will I need to renew my EAD or apply for an initial eAD as I will be on a different visa ?
2. Can I leave the country while my EAD is being processed (I will likely n EE to come back to the UK for a month in May to tie up loose ends)
3. Is the processing centre allocated randomly? - we will be living in LA
4. What are the processing times at the moment and are they different for renewal or initial?

Thanks so much all!
Old Mar 4th 2018, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: More EAD questions?

[QUOTE=NYC2010;12455765]Hi all

Some questions for me now. I am hopefully going to be moving to the US at the end of march as an L2 spouse. Interview this week.I have lived in the states before but on an E1 visa (spouse) and I have a SSN and held an EAD from 2010-2014. I have some questions :

1. Will I need to renew my EAD or apply for an initial eAD as I will be on a different visa ?
It's a new application

2. Can I leave the country while my EAD is being processed (I will likely n EE to come back to the UK for a month in May to tie up loose ends)
Yes, but you could get called for biometrics

3. Is the processing centre allocated randomly? - we will be living in LA
Not sure

4. What are the processing times at the moment and are they different for renewal or initial?
The highest approvals are in the 95-130 day range
Old Mar 4th 2018, 2:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYC2010
Initial EAD. New application.

2. Can I leave the country while my EAD is being processed
Yes. Make sure you stay in the USA long enough to have biometrics done (if required, I'm not sure on an L2 EAD if they are).

3. Is the processing centre allocated randomly?
No.

About 4 months or so. No, not different.

Rene
Old May 4th 2018, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Hammer15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - just received EAD approval notice today, dated 30 April (filed 1 March). I guess I still have quite a long wait for the card itself, given the current timelines? I should still prepare myself for late June/early July to be ready to work given the current 4 month timeline?
Old May 4th 2018, 8:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say after approval, it only takes a week or so to show up in the mail. The long part is for approval.

Rene
Old May 5th 2018, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Amazing! Just 60 days wait and no biometrics. I was prepared to wait twice that long. Must be luck of the draw.
Old May 7th 2018, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

benthamr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hammer15
Amazing! Just 60 days wait and no biometrics. I was prepared to wait twice that long. Must be luck of the draw.

Congratulations for your EAD, that does sound quick compared to other's I'm hearing! Do you know where yours was sent to and what visa you're on? Mine went to the phoenix centre and I'm on an L-2 in New York, it's been in process for about a month now and I'd be absolutely over the moon if it came in 60 days total!
Old May 7th 2018, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benthamr
Congratulations for your EAD, that does sound quick compared to other's I'm hearing! Do you know where yours was sent to and what visa you're on? Mine went to the phoenix centre and I'm on an L-2 in New York, it's been in process for about a month now and I'd be absolutely over the moon if it came in 60 days total!
Not OP but I'm on an L-2 and applied for my EAD in NYC in March 2017. It took 42 days to arrive from me sending the application to receiving the card.
Old May 8th 2018, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you! I'm also on an L-2, my application went to Dallas. It caught me cold, I haven't even prepared my resume or put feelers out yet.

Oh, and to follow up Noorah's answer to my question... the card turned up the next day!
Old May 17th 2018, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

benthamr is an unknown quantity at this point

As an update to this, I've just logged in to check my case number and my card has been processed and is out for delivery! Over the moon, that's under 6 weeks from when USCIS received my application! Must really be pure chance for when they're seen to.
Old May 17th 2018, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

As an update to this, I've just logged in to check my case number and my card has been processed and is out for delivery! Over the moon, that's under 6 weeks from when USCIS received my application! Must really be pure chance for when they're seen to.
If you sign up for USPS informed delivery you will be able to track this. Congrats.