Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Money transfer receipts as proof of relationship?

Money transfer receipts as proof of relationship?

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 10:10 pm
Mister Heartbre

Default Money transfer receipts as proof of relationship?

I've got my K-1 interview in London on Monday (the 29th). I saw a post here in which
someone mentioned taking a receipt for a money transfer as part of the proof of
relationship, and at the time I thought that might be a good idea.

I was wondering, though...if I do show them that I've sent my fiancee money, would
they assume that she couldn't meet the criteria for the I-134? That side of it isn't
a problem, it's all covered - but...

Would I be better just sticking to the photos, letters, and all the other
stuff I have?

Your thoughts are welcome! Dave.

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 11:10 pm

Default Re: Money transfer receipts as proof of relationship?

"Mister Heartbreak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Xns91F9E62AB5171davelamb68hotma...62.253.162.103...
    > I've got my K-1 interview in London on Monday (the 29th). I saw a post here in
    > which someone mentioned taking a receipt for a money transfer as part of the proof
    > of relationship, and at the time I thought that might be a good idea.
    >
    > I was wondering, though...if I do show them that I've sent my fiancee money, would
    > they assume that she couldn't meet the criteria for the I-134? That side of it
    > isn't a problem, it's all covered - but...
    >
    > Would I be better just sticking to the photos, letters, and all the other
    > stuff I have?

If it makes you happy, take it but keep it in reserve just in case they ask for
more evidence than the photos, letters etc and start to question you more. But you
might equally find, like many others in the past, that they don't ask to see any
evidence at all ! So I wouldn't worry. If you did show them, as long as you have an
explanation and everything else is ok, you'd probably find it's no problem - this
is not the modern-day equivalent of the Inquisition (disclaimer: if you do have
inconsistencies or hints of a murky past or a past immigration transgression in
your story or application, you can rely on the officers to spot them. But you
don't, right?).

Good luck. Soon, if your ducks are in a row, you'll be yet another person standing
outside the Embassy saying 'wow, was that really it?'

> Your thoughts are welcome! Dave.

Old Apr 24th 2002, 5:10 am
Steve Hubbard

I submitted 6 months worth of money remittance receipts along with a letter that
stated I had 3 years worth if they wanted to see them...I think its a good idea
personally...

Old Apr 24th 2002, 10:10 am
Rogerpenycate

[email protected] (Steve Hubbard) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I submitted 6 months worth of money remittance receipts along with a letter that
    > stated I had 3 years worth if they wanted to see them...I think its a good idea
    > personally...

Just a thought, I got married in Maryland last year and am currently going through
the I-130 process in London (after our wedding we moved to England, but have now
decided to go to the States) With regard to the money tranferrence thingy, it is one
thing for your fiancee to meet the 125% poverty line requirements. I sent my lady
over close to $10,000 prior to the wedding. This was of course money that wouldn't
normally need to be spent, so assuming a lot of the money that you sent was towards
the wedding, if you take any receipts for wedding dress etc with you, that should
justify that. Good luck with your interview. I hope I made sense. Roger Penycate