Money in Bank for B1 Visa

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

M477HEW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money in Bank for B1 Visa

What sum of money is a good amount to show on my statement to obtain a B1 visa?

The reason I ask is because a B1 visa entitles up to 6 months stay in the US at any one time. I only plan to visit for 3 weeks but how can I prove this at my visa interview? Does this mean I will need to submit a bank statement that shows an amount that would enable me to survive for 6 months?

Also, as far as I can tell, I have no option but to apply for a B1 visa. Is there a 'lesser' visa that I could apply for? I have been convicted of DR10 and DR70 motoring offenses in 1992 and 1992 respectively. Because of this I require a visa to travel to the US and am pretty sure that the one I need is a B1 visa.

Can anyone offer advice on what balance I should submit on my statement for a B1?

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

n1cholas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Money in Bank for B1 Visa

I presume you mean B1/B2?

If you have are only going for vacation they'll give you a B2 only (from my experience at the Vancouver consulate anyway).

As for money - if you are only going for a 3 week trip then you will only need 3 weeks worth of money. At the interview they probably won't ask you this anyway (more likely a secondary inspection at the airport question) and all you will need to show is a bank statement. A return ticket would be evidence that you are only going for three weeks.

Might be a good idea to show ties to your home as well - job contract / tenancy agreement etc.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M477HEW
What sum of money is a good amount to show on my statement to obtain a B1 visa?

The reason I ask is because a B1 visa entitles up to 6 months stay in the US at any one time. I only plan to visit for 3 weeks but how can I prove this at my visa interview? Does this mean I will need to submit a bank statement that shows an amount that would enable me to survive for 6 months?

Also, as far as I can tell, I have no option but to apply for a B1 visa. Is there a 'lesser' visa that I could apply for? I have been convicted of DR10 and DR70 motoring offenses in 1992 and 1992 respectively. Because of this I require a visa to travel to the US and am pretty sure that the one I need is a B1 visa.

Can anyone offer advice on what balance I should submit on my statement for a B1?

Thanks
B-1 is for business ... B-2 is for tourism but the London Consulate usually
issue it as a Joint B-1/2...

I don't know anybody that has provided a bank statement..especially if you are only go for three weeks
They may well mark it for a max number of day ..so dont lie about it
entering the US in more the time they will ask about funds being carried
$1000 a month and you are well covered
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

M477HEW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ray

The US Embassy in London don't have any interview dates until 03 June. I'm hoping to get out for my Birthday in May so will try to get an appointment at the Belfast Consulate. Do they also offer joint B1/B2? I won't lie about my length of stay either. I'll be more than happy if they were to mark it for a maximum number of days.

Also is a visa only valid for one visit or is it multiple entry?

Thanks again
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:01 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M477HEW
Thanks Ray

The US Embassy in London don't have any interview dates until 03 June. I'm hoping to get out for my Birthday in May so will try to get an appointment at the Belfast Consulate. Do they also offer joint B1/B2? I won't lie about my length of stay either. I'll be more than happy if they were to mark it for a maximum number of days.

Also is a visa only valid for one visit or is it multiple entry?

Thanks again
No idea what Belfast does ...but it does not matter really they will give you what is appropiate for them

Its normally valid for 10 year of multi visits ..but they may well make it for one year to start to see if you comply

If I recall yours was a drink problem.. they could even ask you to see their Doctor for test for alcoholism

It may even be an anti climax