Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Missing I-129S - I-797 as replacement?

Missing I-129S - I-797 as replacement?

Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Ctaylor23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing I-129S - I-797 as replacement?

Hi,

I am currently having a minor heart attack.

I travel to New York tomorrow on an L1-B visa. I have the visa inserted in my passport but it says to present an 'Endorsed I-129S at POE'.

I took 3 copies of this form to the Embassy where they took two copies from me. However, these were never returned to me. As such I do not have an endorsed copy.

Are these forms needed on entry? I have an approved I-797, can this be used instead?

Any replies would be massively appreciated.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing I-129S - I-797 as replacement?

Originally Posted by Ctaylor23
I have the visa inserted in my passport but it says to present an 'Endorsed I-129S at POE'.
Can you please be more precise? What is "it"? Is it the visa or a letter, and what else does "it" say?

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Ctaylor23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I should have been more precise.

I have the L1 visa sticker in my passport. The visa has my photograph, the issue and expiry date for the visa and my employer's name.

Also listed is a control number and the EAC receipt number of my visa application.

Under the annotation section it states 'Blanket L1 must present approved I-129S at POE'.

The issue being that when two copies of this form were taken at the Embassy along with a single copy of my I-797, they were not stamped or returned to me.

I therefore only have a single un-stamped copy of the I-129S and a copy of the I-797.

Thanks for your reply!
Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ctaylor23
Under the annotation section it states 'Blanket L1 must present approved I-129S at POE'.
Ah - once again, the US government wording is as clear as mud! They want verification that the L-1 was approved... and yes, that'll be the I-797 form that states that the L-1 has been approved (= the I-129S was successful). No worries!

Ian