Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

With your receipt number you can probably call the !-800 number and schedlue a biometrics appointment with your local office.

Tony

Originally Posted by MMA2002
I have no NOAs at all but the officer at the Boston office gave us our MSC numbers on July 19th. They then said the NOAs would be resent if we just called the misinformation line and they haven't. We need to get our biometrics done and just want to know what other people did if they were in the same boat. I don't need info on the DMV/RMV because that's already been taken care of just by showing the marriage certificate.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

What is the point of the Misinformation line? They can't give you any information or do anything! I just stayed on the phone for 30 minutes (walking away for a good ten minutes and returning to the damn music still playing) to talk to this woman who stated she couldn't give me any information without my husband's permission (makes no sense at all since we're MARRIED) and when I asked questions about why our receipts have still not been received she told me that I couldn't be told without my husband being in the same room (I'm at work and he's working on our house). She told me I could write to MSC but what good is that going to do? Has anyone had any luck with writing to them? We applied for AOS/AP/EAD in Boston on June 7. On June 18 our checks were cashed. We talked to the misinformation line July 16th and were told we couldn't do anything until July 18th or later. He then called July 19th just to be told he had to go to Boston to find out. After standing in line several hours we were given our MSC receipt numbers and were told that the receipts had been sent and undeliverable. After fighting with the post office we fixed the mail so that all things in both our names would be delivered. We called the misinformation line again on July 19th to "fix" the address (which was exactly the same as it should be) and were told receipts wouldn't be mailed and they would put through an inquiry. It is now August 9th and no information on anything has been received. How do we make an appointment to get fingerprints done for his EAD? The woman says there needs to be an ASC number that's received in the mail - received nothing! What to do?! Ready to flip out. I work for the Federal Government and don't even understand the point of half of what goes on. They should just get rid of the 800 number because the people there serve no purpose. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should write to MSC or we should go stand in line in Boston again to find out the ASC number to get fingerprinted? What should we do?

Thanks.
FRUSTRATED IN BOSTON (Allison and Mahir)
Hey there Allison!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the miss-information line, I attempted to change the address on the immediate relative petition (I-130) but they said I couldn't since I am the beneficiary. I handed the phone to my husband and while he was on I told him to change the address of my I-765 petition.. and they said.. I am sorry but you can't change the address since you are not the applicant LOL. Hubby though that the rep was messing with him and said.. Come on we are married, she didn't like his answer and said.. I need your wife's permission.
So if you are not the applicant, don't attempt to change the address on your pending applications!!
Good Luck Allison!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

you mean it's ASC2 and ASC3 - not like a big number like the MSC receipt numbers?
Yep, that's it. In terms of scheduling the biometrics, all they ask for is the MSC receipt number and the ASC codes - they have no way of knowing that you actually don't have the paper NOA. However, as Lucy said, they do tell you to bring the paper NOA to the appt...so I guess it depends whether your local office will take you without it.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:21 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyMO
yeap, when I was scheduling my FP, they asked for my A#, and both ASC codes (2 and 3). But they said I'd have to have my Notice of Action with me at the FP appointment, and ID.
Same here!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by buffalo24
Yep, that's it. In terms of scheduling the biometrics, all they ask for is the MSC receipt number and the ASC codes - they have no way of knowing that you actually don't have the paper NOA. However, as Lucy said, they do tell you to bring the paper NOA to the appt...so I guess it depends whether your local office will take you without it.
I would go for it and hope you do not get a jobsworth. All the people I talked to where fine and they were not exactly busy.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
I would go for it and hope you do not get a jobsworth. All the people I talked to where fine and they were not exactly busy.

You must be talking about the fingerprinting office, because at the local office (Denver) they are far from being nice
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
You must be talking about the fingerprinting office, because at the local office (Denver) they are far from being nice
Yes, was it in Aurora?, pig to find, well i was not expecting a shop unit.

I have the Temp EAD and AoS pleasure to come!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

I just have to ask, where is Bubu, I have never heard of it and neither has Mapqwest.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just have to ask, where is Bubu, I have never heard of it and neither has Mapqwest.
hehehe....her location should be read like this:

Hypertweeky is from Peralta, Spain.
Bubu is from Colorado, USA.

Bubu is Hypertweeky's Husband

Rene
ps. Sorry Hyper, I couldn't resist explaining this one!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:14 pm

Talking Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Yes, was it in Aurora?, pig to find, well i was not expecting a shop unit.

I have the Temp EAD and AoS pleasure to come!
Yep!
The fingerprinting office is in Aurora, on Colfax avenue, It was actually easy to find for me, while on colfax I had this strange feeling that made me turn right, Lexi ( My cute Step-daughter) flipped out and said.. wow that was freaky Maria!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:15 pm

Talking Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Originally Posted by Noorah101
hehehe....her location should be read like this:

Hypertweeky is from Peralta, Spain.
Bubu is from Colorado, USA.

Bubu is Hypertweeky's Husband

Rene
ps. Sorry Hyper, I couldn't resist explaining this one!!
Good Job Rene!!, I don't mind you explaining!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Ahh well, that explains it.

I thought Peralta was a town, near Bilbao? So it seemed logical that Bubu was a town in Colorado, could imagine that somewhere in the south might have this name.

I guess I should have thought of Bears....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

iomega1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the point of the Misinformation line? They can't give you any information or do anything! I just stayed on the phone for 30 minutes (walking away for a good ten minutes and returning to the damn music still playing) to talk to this woman who stated she couldn't give me any information without my husband's permission (makes no sense at all since we're MARRIED) and when I asked questions about why our receipts have still not been received she told me that I couldn't be told without my husband being in the same room (I'm at work and he's working on our house). She told me I could write to MSC but what good is that going to do? Has anyone had any luck with writing to them? We applied for AOS/AP/EAD in Boston on June 7. On June 18 our checks were cashed. We talked to the misinformation line July 16th and were told we couldn't do anything until July 18th or later. He then called July 19th just to be told he had to go to Boston to find out. After standing in line several hours we were given our MSC receipt numbers and were told that the receipts had been sent and undeliverable. After fighting with the post office we fixed the mail so that all things in both our names would be delivered. We called the misinformation line again on July 19th to "fix" the address (which was exactly the same as it should be) and were told receipts wouldn't be mailed and they would put through an inquiry. It is now August 9th and no information on anything has been received. How do we make an appointment to get fingerprints done for his EAD? The woman says there needs to be an ASC number that's received in the mail - received nothing! What to do?! Ready to flip out. I work for the Federal Government and don't even understand the point of half of what goes on. They should just get rid of the 800 number because the people there serve no purpose. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should write to MSC or we should go stand in line in Boston again to find out the ASC number to get fingerprinted? What should we do?

Thanks.
FRUSTRATED IN BOSTON (Allison and Mahir)
I have always gotten great customer service at this same number. Perhaps you would get better service if you had a better attitude when you called in.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

EXCUSE ME! I'm the queen of having a good attitude except when people are not willing to help in any way or explain why they can't help. Nice to see you were banned as it seems you need to have a better attitude towards life in general and the people you come in contact with.

On another note, thank you to everyone who did respond. I'm going to have Mahir call today to make an appointment and hope that it works!

Allison

Originally Posted by iomega1
I have always gotten great customer service at this same number. Perhaps you would get better service if you had a better attitude when you called in.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road

EXCUSE ME! I'm the queen of having a good attitude except when people are not willing to help in any way or explain why they can't help. Nice to see you were banned as it seems you need to have a better attitude towards life in general and the people you come in contact with.

On another note, thank you to everyone who did respond. I'm going to have Mahir call today to make an appointment and hope that it works!

Allison
Please, for your safety and his, please don't feed the trolls

Also, in response to the poster about biometrics holding up an EAD, I think that is exactly what happens. After we filed my wife's packet, nothing happened until the biometrics appointment. All of a sudden, one week after biometrics she has her EAD approved and her AP has been "touched" several times. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I think they were waiting for the prints and facial tomography.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.