Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Angry Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

What is the point of the Misinformation line? They can't give you any information or do anything! I just stayed on the phone for 30 minutes (walking away for a good ten minutes and returning to the damn music still playing) to talk to this woman who stated she couldn't give me any information without my husband's permission (makes no sense at all since we're MARRIED) and when I asked questions about why our receipts have still not been received she told me that I couldn't be told without my husband being in the same room (I'm at work and he's working on our house). She told me I could write to MSC but what good is that going to do? Has anyone had any luck with writing to them? We applied for AOS/AP/EAD in Boston on June 7. On June 18 our checks were cashed. We talked to the misinformation line July 16th and were told we couldn't do anything until July 18th or later. He then called July 19th just to be told he had to go to Boston to find out. After standing in line several hours we were given our MSC receipt numbers and were told that the receipts had been sent and undeliverable. After fighting with the post office we fixed the mail so that all things in both our names would be delivered. We called the misinformation line again on July 19th to "fix" the address (which was exactly the same as it should be) and were told receipts wouldn't be mailed and they would put through an inquiry. It is now August 9th and no information on anything has been received. How do we make an appointment to get fingerprints done for his EAD? The woman says there needs to be an ASC number that's received in the mail - received nothing! What to do?! Ready to flip out. I work for the Federal Government and don't even understand the point of half of what goes on. They should just get rid of the 800 number because the people there serve no purpose. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should write to MSC or we should go stand in line in Boston again to find out the ASC number to get fingerprinted? What should we do?

Thanks.
FRUSTRATED IN BOSTON (Allison and Mahir)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Actually thise applications are not YOUR applications and thus YOU aren't entitled to information. I had the same experience. You do have your receipt numbers I would call your local office and attempt to make a biometrics appointment with that information.

I had a similar situation and made a trip to the local office where they begrudginly had the receipts faxed to them. It was the same story.

I would write the office in the meanwhile.

I have never received duplicates or the originals. I just have the fax copy.

Good Luck

Originally Posted by MMA2002
What is the point of the Misinformation line? They can't give you any information or do anything! I just stayed on the phone for 30 minutes (walking away for a good ten minutes and returning to the damn music still playing) to talk to this woman who stated she couldn't give me any information without my husband's permission (makes no sense at all since we're MARRIED) and when I asked questions about why our receipts have still not been received she told me that I couldn't be told without my husband being in the same room (I'm at work and he's working on our house). She told me I could write to MSC but what good is that going to do? Has anyone had any luck with writing to them? We applied for AOS/AP/EAD in Boston on June 7. On June 18 our checks were cashed. We talked to the misinformation line July 16th and were told we couldn't do anything until July 18th or later. He then called July 19th just to be told he had to go to Boston to find out. After standing in line several hours we were given our MSC receipt numbers and were told that the receipts had been sent and undeliverable. After fighting with the post office we fixed the mail so that all things in both our names would be delivered. We called the misinformation line again on July 19th to "fix" the address (which was exactly the same as it should be) and were told receipts wouldn't be mailed and they would put through an inquiry. It is now August 9th and no information on anything has been received. How do we make an appointment to get fingerprints done for his EAD? The woman says there needs to be an ASC number that's received in the mail - received nothing! What to do?! Ready to flip out. I work for the Federal Government and don't even understand the point of half of what goes on. They should just get rid of the 800 number because the people there serve no purpose. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should write to MSC or we should go stand in line in Boston again to find out the ASC number to get fingerprinted? What should we do?

Thanks.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did read somewhere that they were going to get rid of the line as it was so useless.

I am also waiting for a duplicate NOA, my address is correct but for some reason on the AoS they missed out the PO Box when entering the data. The only way to correct it was to notify it as a change of address. But still no duplicate.

I thought the NOA for the AoS would help with the driving license but looks like I need the EAD anyway.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

As for the drivers license it varies wildly from state to state. I researched in Louisiana and all that is required is that you prove "legal presence". It took many trips to the DMV and on the final one I was adamant and told them I wasn't leaving until they showed me in writing the regulations. Two hours later they admitted that I was correct and that an I-94 with six months remaining validity OR an I-765 NOA would be sufficient.
Originally Posted by Boiler
I did read somewhere that they were going to get rid of the line as it was so useless.

I am also waiting for a duplicate NOA, my address is correct but for some reason on the AoS they missed out the PO Box when entering the data. The only way to correct it was to notify it as a change of address. But still no duplicate.

good luck.

I thought the NOA for the AoS would help with the driving license but looks like I need the EAD anyway.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

what about fingerprints for your ead/aos? how do you do it without having an actual piece of paper in front of you?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allison,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. Just so you know you're not alone, when I called to make Sadegh's biometrics appointment, they also needed him to approve me making the appointment. I had to wait till the next day, call him in LA, have him hold, then call the 800 number and do a 3-way conference call, just so I could translate when he should say "yes".

Also, remember I mentioned Khadija and her hubby Abdo? They have not yet gotten their NOA's either! I think they're planning a trip to their local office to inquire how to get the biometrics for EAD done w/o the NOA.

I feel your frustration, and hope things get straightened out quickly!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

I sometimes think that the 'United' in USA is somewhat misleading. Colorado is different as seems evry state from each other in one way or other.

I will try when I get my NOA, my I94 was only good for 90 days. The lady at the DMV did say EAD would be OK, as I have not got the NOA for the AoS I thought I would wait and see when I did get it rather than push it then and their.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Allison,

Also, remember I mentioned Khadija and her hubby Abdo? They have not yet gotten their NOA's either! I think they're planning a trip to their local office to inquire how to get the biometrics for EAD done w/o the NOA.

I feel your frustration, and hope things get straightened out quickly!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
In case it helps, I went to do my Bio's for EAD and mentioned that I had also applied for AoS, they looked me up, found my Ref. and did them all. If you have one NOA, then the numbers on mine were sequential.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

I have no NOAs at all but the officer at the Boston office gave us our MSC numbers on July 19th. They then said the NOAs would be resent if we just called the misinformation line and they haven't. We need to get our biometrics done and just want to know what other people did if they were in the same boat. I don't need info on the DMV/RMV because that's already been taken care of just by showing the marriage certificate.

In case it helps, I went to do my Bio's for EAD and mentioned that I had also applied for AoS, they looked me up, found my Ref. and did them all. If you have one NOA, then the numbers on mine were sequential.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Boiler,
Thanks for the tip, but Khadija and Abdo are not doing AOS yet. He entered on a K3 and they are only doing his EAD for the time being. They haven't gotten the NOA for the EAD.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any advice on whether we should write to MSC or we should go stand in line in Boston again to find out the ASC number to get fingerprinted? What should we do?

Thanks.
Well, the ASC code on the NOAs is 2 for the EAD and 3 for the AOS. I don't have the NOAs in front of me though - it could be the other way around!

Good luck! ~Kirsten
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

you mean it's ASC2 and ASC3 - not like a big number like the MSC receipt numbers?

Originally Posted by buffalo24
Well, the ASC code on the NOAs is 2 for the EAD and 3 for the AOS. I don't have the NOAs in front of me though - it could be the other way around!

Good luck! ~Kirsten
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

you mean it's ASC2 and ASC3 - not like a big number like the MSC receipt numbers?
yeap, when I was scheduling my FP, they asked for my A#, and both ASC codes (2 and 3). But they said I'd have to have my Notice of Action with me at the FP appointment, and ID.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Boiler,
Thanks for the tip, but Khadija and Abdo are not doing AOS yet. He entered on a K3 and they are only doing his EAD for the time being. They haven't gotten the NOA for the EAD.
I may have been lucky, but if you have the number you can schedule the Biometrics, and what they need from the NoA is the number anyway. Do not forget to take all your other data as they give you a form to fill in.

I do not think delay in Biometrics holds up EAD processing, there seems no logic to the processing times, which in any event could be done the same day.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I have the receipt numbers that would have been on my NOAs if I had received them, which I didn't. The misinformation line told me I needed an ASC number in order to schedule biometrics, which I don't have. If we're only needing the MSC numbers then why did they not allow Mahir to schedule his biometrics when he called them after I did this morning? He was told he had to wait until August 20th to call them again to request they again send a request to resend our NOAs. His EAD is up August 25 and we need to get an interim one but how can we without his biometrics being done?

I may have been lucky, but if you have the number you can schedule the Biometrics, and what they need from the NoA is the number anyway. Do not forget to take all your other data as they give you a form to fill in.

I do not think delay in Biometrics holds up EAD processing, there seems no logic to the processing times, which in any event could be done the same day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.