Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Misdirected INS letter- Pamela Szabo, read this if you're lurking

Misdirected INS letter- Pamela Szabo, read this if you're lurking

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 10:00 pm
Lisa & Erik

We've been waiting(and waiting & waiting) for Erik's AP pickup letter and when I
checked the mail today there was a lovely envelope with the Orlando INS return
address there. I thought yippee! We finally have it. Well, it wasn't the AP. It was
Erik's AOS fingerprint letter, which we weren't expecting for another year or so.
Unbelievable!

Upon further inspection, there were actually 2 envelopes there, the 2nd one being
glued into the flap of our envelope. It looked machine processed as opposed to manual
sealing and it was for Pamela Szabo in Daytona Beach. Pamela, if you're reading this
newsgroup, I taped up the back and forwarded it to you in todays mail.

I don't remember the timeline for that last Orlando person(I think his name was Chris
Payne), in regards to time between fingerprinting and interview, but if anyone does,
please email me.

Wish us luck!

Lisa (USC) & Erik (NL)

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 11:04 pm
Chris Payne

Hi there,

It's me Chris Payne

The timeline was very good in Orlando, we filed in Feb of this year for AOS from a
B1/B2 Visitors Via, in July I had my fingerprinting appointment. In the middle of
Auguest we got our interview date and on September 10th we had our AOS interview - it
went VERY smooth, in and out with the stamp in only 15 minutes. After that, we headed
to get my SSN# and a week later I got it.

As a side note, we were very lucky - sep 9th was our 1 year anniversary, sept 10th we
got approved and the 11th - well we all know what happen then, sigh.

But don't worry, we got the whole process complete in 8 months - I didn't apply for
my EAD but I didn't need it.

You will be fine, believe me - we were so nervous the two weeks leading up to the
interview but we were in and out in a flash

Regards

Chris

>
    >
    >
it
    >
    >
    >
    >
one