Middle name not on police check

Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:26 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Middle name not on police check

I spoke to a friend who has just had her visa interview, and apparently some people were not given their visa that day and told to come back because they did not have their middle name on their police check, although it was on their passports. This has thrown me somewhat as my interview (second date!) is in 2 weeks and now I look my middle name is not on my police check. I don't remember ever reading that it had to be there! There are so many minor things that can go wrong...I think someone should write a book about all the pitfalls! Does anyone know if this is true? I will probably have to postpone the interview for the third time anyway, but if this is true and I have to attend on Sept 5th I will be most annoyed to be told to come back just because of that. This would be the fourth time I have applied for the police check. Grrr!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:45 am
Shannon

I knew what I had on my record, and that the minor arrest record had probably lapsed (10 yrs plus) so I wasn't too suprised when it came back clean. I still listed the arrest on my application and made a statement about it etc.

I have gone through visa application and AOS now.

Anyway, I was filing stuff, getting it tidy for the I-751 early next year and I noticed (SHOCK) that my date of birth is completely wrong on my police clearance certificate. It's a different year and day and month!

It is the kind of thing that makes you sick. But no-one noticed.

I have no idea whether a middle name is required (mine was on it) but why not get it done in case... it is your full name after all.

Shannon

Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:11 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Shannon. Wow..you were lucky! I can't believe they didn't notice! I will apply for another one but my interview is only 2 weeks away and it probably won't arrive in time. I will most likely have to postpone anyway so I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can send me an ammended copy. I got the first police check ages ago, so applied for another one that was a bit more current, and was then advised to apply for another one in my birth name (which I changed) and so this will be my 4th! They must think I'm nuts!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

rob133 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why do you start to panic about EVERYTHING towards the end.......

Date of birth!?!?

I'm just looking at my certificate, and while my name and address are there and all okay, nowhere on the form is listed my date of birth, should it be?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default names

Both my husband & have common names, and I asked him to use his middle name on everything from the start. I think it is a good idea to get used to using your full name, and I think it is now a requirment.
Rob, is your certificate from the UK? Maybe the dob is specific to UK certs, because my husband's didn't have one either.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 4:09 pm
Aknicolle

Default Re: Middle name not on police check

I had my police check done a month or two before I eventually received the
first NOA, anticipating problems. Sure enough, it came back to me without a
police seal, so they had to send it back to head office and get a seal put on -
that took another week or so. If your middle name is not on there, that would
probably be a good reason to get it done yet again. I hope you have better luck
with the next one!

Andrew

>I spoke to a friend who has just had her visa interview, and apparently
    >some people were not given their visa that day and told to come back
    >because they did not have their middle name on their police check,
    >although it was on their passports. This has thrown me somewhat as my
    >interview (second date!) is in 2 weeks and now I look my middle name is
    >not on my police check. I don't remember ever reading that it had to be
    >there! There are so many minor things that can go wrong...I think
    >someone should write a book about all the pitfalls! Does anyone know if
    >this is true? I will probably have to postpone the interview for the
    >third time anyway, but if this is true and I have to attend on Sept 5th
    >I will be most annoyed to be told to come back just because of that.
    >This would be the fourth time I have applied for the police check. Grrr!
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 26th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

rob133 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm in the UK

I'm guessing that if your record is clear (ie they hold no data on you) your D.O.B wouldn't appea on the form...???
Old Aug 26th 2003, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

DawnA is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a 'police seal'?

Just looked at my police certificate, it has my full name, (no date of birth), but I'm not sure what a police seal is. It says the document has to have 'two blue bands' to be authentic, which it has.

What should I be looking for in terms of a police seal?

Thank you.
DawnA
Old Aug 26th 2003, 6:22 pm
Rock Goddess

Yikes....looks like I've got everyone panicking! How about we get everyone who has had the embassy interview tell us what's on their police certificate. That would be helpful. Obviously you don't need to tell us about your criminal record!

Does your police check include:

a) Your middle name
b) Your date of birth
c) A police seal (whatever that is)

and please tell us if your police check was accepted at the interview or not.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:05 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rockgurl

Does your police check include:

a) Your middle name
b) Your date of birth
c) A police seal (whatever that is)
a) Yes
b) No
c) No seal but two blue bands with the words "National Identification Service Authentic Document" top and bottom and the words National Identification Service watermarked across the whole page.

No interview yet.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:07 pm
Dreaming of the bay

Default Re: names

Originally posted by Pallyn
Both my husband & have common names, and I asked him to use his middle name on everything from the start. I think it is a good idea to get used to using your full name, and I think it is now a requirment.
Rob, is your certificate from the UK? Maybe the dob is specific to UK certs, because my husband's didn't have one either.
I'm from the UK and my DOB isn't listed on the certificate.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:12 pm
Dreaming of the bay

Originally posted by DawnA
What's a 'police seal'?

Just looked at my police certificate, it has my full name, (no date of birth), but I'm not sure what a police seal is. It says the document has to have 'two blue bands' to be authentic, which it has.

What should I be looking for in terms of a police seal?

Thank you.
DawnA
Mine is exactly the same as yours. There's no seal. The authentication is the wording through the blue bands plus the faint text in the background.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 11:01 pm
Jp

And most important, don't forget to mention what country it was in,
since police reports certainly differ in different countries! :-)

Ukraine:
a) it has the middle name on
b) it has the date of birth
c) it has the police seal

It also has the date when it was issued and the signature of the
officer who issued it. this type of a police report was accepted twice
at two different interviews within the last week in Kiev. Hope
somebody finds this info helpful.

Best of luck,
Julia

Rockgurl <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yikes....looks like I've got everyone panicking! How about we get
    > everyone who has had the embassy interview tell us what's on their
    > police certificate. That would be helpful. Obviously you don't need to
    > tell us about your criminal record!
    >
    >
    >
    > Does your police check include:
    >
    >
    >
    > a) Your middle name
    >
    > b) Your date of birth
    >
    > c) A police seal (whatever that is)
    >
    >
    >
    > and please tell us if your police check was accepted at the
    > interview or not.

Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:09 pm
Rock Goddess

Thanks veryone for posting....all very helpful. I emailed the embassy in London and got a very prompt response. Apparently it doesn't matter if your middle name is on the police check or not. I presume if you have a very common name like John Smith, it would be prudent to include it.