Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Memphis AOS Interview - Actually in Nashville?!

Memphis AOS Interview - Actually in Nashville?!

Old Apr 12th 2001, 1:47 am
LisaDtoo

Well, miracle of miracles, we finally got word from Memphis about Mike's AOS. The odd
thing is that the notice we got was to appear in Nashville for our AOS interview (we
don't remember anyone else mentioning having their AOS interview in Nashville - has
anyone else gone there for their AOS interview itself?!). The other odd thing is that
Mike hasn't ever been called to appear for a fingerprint appointment anywhere...which
is very weird. Finally, as predicted, the AOS interview notice was mailed to our OLD
ADDRESS!! grrrrr It was mailed on March 31st and we got it April 9th. The interview
is scheduled for April 17th (next Tuesday). We're supposed to be at a certain gate at
the airport in Nashville at 3:30pm ET. Weird time, weird place, weird situation. My
father suggested we appear there with Mike handcuffed to my wrist, in case it's all a
ruse to deport him. ha ha ha (wonder why I didn't find that all that humorous...lol)

Anyway, we're concerned that we were sent a fingerprint notice that we never received
and that they won't really be expecting us there next Tuesday because Mike "didn't
appear" for fingerprints. Given how close to the fingerprint appts they're sending
out the AOS interview notices, it's entirely possible they didn't wait for one before
sending the other. Par for the course for our AOS process it seems...lol

You may see our wedding web page at the following URL: http://nguyen-huu.com/wedding

Old Apr 12th 2001, 11:41 am
Rete

As you have seen with other posters, they were interviewed without having
fingerprints done as well. There will most likely not be a I-551 stamp at the
conclusion of your interview but that will come later. At least the interview will be
over and done with. Hope that Nashville airport is closer to home for you two.

Rita

>
AOS.
    >
AOS
    >
interview
    >
itself?!).
    >
    >
predicted,
    >
mailed
    >
April
    >
airport in
    >
father
    >
all a
    >
    >
    >
    >
never
    >
because
    >
    >
possible
    >
our
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 12th 2001, 3:15 pm
Grinch

"LisaDtoo" <[email protected]> finally posted the news we were all waiting to hear
when she wrote

>
AOS.

Good!

Grinch