Memorial day

Old May 24th 2009, 2:55 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Memorial day

Never had the pleasure before, what am I supposed to do?
Old May 24th 2009, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: Memorial day

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
My fiancée sleeps in.
Old May 24th 2009, 2:59 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Jeez, I posted in the wrong area.

OOPS
Old May 24th 2009, 3:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, I posted in the wrong area.

OOPS
No worries, I've moved it for you.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:34 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen a lot of fake flower bouquets and wreaths etc in the shops recently and as ive driven passed memorial gardens in the past day or so they seem to be a lot busier then normal - so I am kind of guessing its about remembering those we have lost.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Find a reason to complain about it.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
Find a reason to complain about it.
Not complaining it's just another work day for me at time and half though.
Old May 24th 2009, 4:48 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

I had been notified that poppy would be brought round, like in the UK for 11/11 not a dicky bird since! I was so excited thinking the states used the same thing! that said an American friend has put a fab pic of his late grandfather in the army under the improbable name of Vinny Lemon! real name! on facebook and I am thinking of putting my granddads, dad and brother to celebrate! I am so putting a order to the British Legion for poppies this year, all the BBC America people have them so its possible!
Old May 24th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a 'phone conference the other day to Sweden, it had been brought forward a day due to a Swedish holiday, the US manager mentioned it was a US holiday on Monday, "Memorial day, nothing special, just marks the beginning of Summer" I thought WTF is he talking about and one of his associates reminded him it was to remember all the people who died to make America great.
Didn't seem to phase him at all.
Old May 24th 2009, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Through a historical quirk, the US has not one, but two days commemorating those who served in war -- Memorial Day at the end of May [used to be May 31st] and Veterans Day [has reverted to November 11].

My 87 year old father still refers to the two holidays by their old names of "Decoration Day" and "Armistice Day."

If applicable, you can visit the graves of loved ones who have served in the US military to decorate their graves.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You're to enjoy the holiday and at some point on Monday privately or publicly thank the men and women who have died in service to their country. While Monday is the US Memorial Day, last weekend it was celebrated in Canada (May 18). I don't know the day that is set aside for this in the UK.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:42 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You're to enjoy the holiday and at some point on Monday privately or publicly thank the men and women who have died in service to their country. While Monday is the US Memorial Day, last weekend it was celebrated in Canada (May 18). I don't know the day that is set aside for this in the UK.
I suppose historically it's been Remembrance Day (nearest Sunday to 11th November), but in addition to this there's now Armed Forces Day on June 27
Old May 24th 2009, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I suppose historically it's been Remembrance Day (nearest Sunday to 11th November), but in addition to this there's now Armed Forces Day on June 27
As some one already mentioned we also have Veterans Day and I believe that is November 11th as well. Tomorrow I will go to the cemetry and place a flag and real flowers on the grave of my dad who recently passed away who was a veteran of WWII, my dearest love, Bill, who served in Korea, and privately thank my ex who served in Viet Nam. While none died in service to their country, they did serve when called.
Old May 24th 2009, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elfman
Hi:

The third Saturday in May is Armed Forces Day in the US. No one celebrates it. However, I did march in an Armed Forces Day parade during my service. Didn't have to carry my weapon since I was the flag bearer. Other than that parade, I don't think I would have known the thing existed!
Old May 24th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Memorial Day is also when you open your pool for the season, unless you're Ray or one of his neighbours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.