Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Medicals, Forms, and all the other details

Medicals, Forms, and all the other details

Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

skydon1313 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals, Forms, and all the other details

Hello,

A little advice required please?

I am currently in the process of an AOS, my question is... Will my fiance need to go back to england for a medical? If there is such a medical on an AOS ( i have no idea what the process is sorry) Or is this just to discuss her previous medical history? If so, how do we go about obtaining the previous records from US?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals, Forms, and all the other details

Originally Posted by skydon1313
I am currently in the process of an AOS, my question is... Will my fiance need to go back to england for a medical?
This is a very confusing question. If you are currently in the process of AOS, then you should have already had a medical done in the USA, the results of which should have been included in the AOS package. Also, you refer to your fiance, but would he be your husband by now, if you're doing AOS? You must be married in order to file an AOS package. Also, you say "I", but then you refer to your fiance's medical? Which one of you is the AOS applicant?

If there is such a medical on an AOS ( i have no idea what the process is sorry)
You need to read up on the AOS process so you understand what's happening. Yes, there is a medical exam involved in the AOS process. The applicant will go to www.uscis.gov, find the list of approved civil surgeons (you can search by zip code), make an appointment, get the full medical done, and include the results (in a sealed envelope the doctor will give you), and include that envelope in the AOS package.

Or is this just to discuss her previous medical history?
That will be part of it, yes. The doctor will ask all the pertinent questions.

If so, how do we go about obtaining the previous records from US?
Do you mean from the UK? If you (or she) needs any information from the UK, she should contact her doctor in the UK, and he can fax or scan her whatever she needs.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Also, you refer to your fiance, but would he be your husband by now, if you're doing AOS?
She married her boyfriend and is now attempting to adjust status from the VWP. Apparently, she refuses to return home. You must forgive her... she has only a limited understanding of the process and is easily confused by TLA's.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,
You sound like a very sad lonely old guy, who clearly has no idea what it is your actually talking about.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She married her boyfriend and is now attempting to adjust status from the VWP. Apparently, she refuses to return home. You must forgive her... she has only a limited understanding of the process and is easily confused by TLA's.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Ian, although you're very knowledgeble and helpful, you do seem to have a way of making people mad. Remember, a lot of us who post questions here are stressed out and upset so we are touchy! Like when you pointed out that it was my fault that my GC got stolen... it didn't exactly help my mood that day. However, I agree that it can be helpful to play "the devil's advocate" but perhaps you could work on your tone a little? That's what I tell my husband too by the way.

(I read the OP's original thread and saw the negative comments partly quoted on here.)

I also agree that her/his post above is very confusing. Who is posting? The girl who won't go back to England or the husband/fiance? Have they married?

Good luck anyway! Of course if you're in love you want to stay, hope it works out. Agree that medical insurance is important.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Agree that medical insurance is important.
I'm just curious who you're agreeing with, since medical insurance was not discussed on this thread?

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

(I read the OP's original thread and saw the negative comments partly quoted on here.)
It was from the OP's original thread, someone mentioned about medical insurance. Sorry for not being clearer.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:25 pm

It was from the OP's original thread, someone mentioned about medical insurance. Sorry for not being clearer.
Thanks for clarifying.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's some key posts from the other thread...

Skydon don't take it personally. Often Ian's way of writing can seem rude but often it can highlight some of the same things an immigration officer might consider in the worst case even if you don't think it applies to you.

Skydon you need to not get upset by simple assumptions because those same assumptions will be made by immigration - and its up to you to satisfy them them you had no immigrant intent.

and most likely you don't have health insurance (does husband have insurance via his employment?) which is always something we all worry about.