Medical Records From The UK

Old Sep 24th 2001, 5:22 pm
David Turner

Hi all,

I have posted this before but never had a very good response.

I moved over to the Good old USA from the UK, but I did not inform my doctors
surgery that I was moving untill after I had arived here in the USA, I sent a fax to
them, and explained that I had moved to the USA, and that I would like a copy of my
medical notes faxes to me, or posted, I had no reply. Also my new Medical Practice
has placed a request direct to my doctors surgery in the UK, but they also have
received no response.

Has anyone else been able to obtain or their new US Medical Center been able to
obtain their notes? if so how have they gone about it.

I have also contacted my FSHA in the UK, and they have said that is the
responsability of the UK Medical Centre to forwad copies of these on, as they have
not been returned to the FSHA, which is incidently for the Manchester Central area.

Old Sep 25th 2001, 6:40 pm
Sue

>
    >
    >

I went to my GP before my K1 embassy interview in London and asked the receptionist
to ask for my vaccination records for me & my children. She refused to let me see
even my records. I told her why I needed them (for visa application at US embassy),
the receptionists, a whole gaggle of them, went into conference and decided they
could give me photocopies of just those pages of the records for each of us. She gave
me the copies. I showed them to the embassy doctor. She gave us a letter to get the
extra ones we needed (HepB for kids, Adult Dipth for me), I had the GP practice nurse
stamp the letter when the injections were given and that was all I presented as proof
at the AOS interview, they accepted it (we tried to get the vaccination supplem form
beforehand but couldn't find anywhere to supply it, so decided to go with what we
had). We got through the AOS ok. If you are still in the UK, I suggest you try going
along to your GP and asking for a copy of just those records, see if they will agree.
Take a copy of the US Embassy letter detailing what vaccinations you need (in Oct
2000 that was in the form of a table by age), and see if they will agree.

I understood beforehand that I was allowed to see my records, but they refused me. I
didn't bother to argue as they eventually gave me what I needed.