Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors London

Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors London

Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

LondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura about
Smile Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors London

I had my medical in London today at the Knightsbridge Doctors, Bentinck Street. I thought I'd share the experience with those of you who have yet to do this.

My appointment was at 10.10am and as I live in London, I had the joy of travelling in the rush hour from North London. I got off the tube at Oxford Circus and walked slowly down Oxford Street, grabbing a latte from a global chain on route.

I arrived at the venue at 10am and hit the buzzer on the front entrance. I was buzzed in and was greated by a nurse who was very friendly and asked for my passport, a photo and my evidence of immunity/innoculations. I handed these over and was asked to take a seat in the waiting room. Don't bother getting a US photo done as they ask for a British photo, as this fits their form correctly. After a few minutes, I was handed a questionnaire and advised which parts I needed to complete and which parts they would complete. I was also told that I did not need any further innoculations. The form took about 30 seconds to complete and hand back.

I then waited a few minutes before being given a pack to take to the X-ray room. I met a man who was very friendly and cracked a couple of jokes with me. I was weighed and then had the X-ray. Naked above the waist and put into a position a bit like a chicken about to be stuffed.

I was then directed to another waiting room, to await the doctor. I was in there for about 10 minutes before she led me to the next room. Once inside I went through my medical history and signed some forms. I also signed a form across my photo, which the doctor also did. I had my eyesight checked, was weighed, had my height checked and was asked to strip down behind a curtain. Blood was taken and I recieved a general examination, including blood pressure. All seemed ok but nothing was confirmed with the doctor. This all took about 10 mins, after which I was directed back to the first waiting room.

After about 2 minutes I was asked to go back to the reception window where I was charged £180 and given a sheet confirming all my innoculations were ok. I was told that if there were any problems, they would contact me straight away, but if all was ok then I would not hear from them. I left feeling relieved and the whole process took about 35 minutes. I was the only one there but felt reassured by the staff.

All I have now is the interview and I'm sure that will be ok. I hope my experience helps others.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors London

Always good to hear reassuring tales like this - thank you!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:24 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonLondon2USA

I then waited a few minutes before being given a pack to take to the X-ray room. I met a man who was very friendly and cracked a couple of jokes with me. I was weighed and then had the X-ray. Naked above the waist and put into a position a bit like a chicken about to be stuffed.
Just to let other people know: women get a snazzy blue gown and don't have to be naked.

Just thought I'd clarify in case anyone panicked! (I know I did before my interview...)
Old Oct 18th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Wow, Im looking forward to the "snazzy blue gown" now!!
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Wow, Im looking forward to the "snazzy blue gown" now!!
At a hundred and eighty nicker, I'd be taking it home with me.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe they could brand them with "I went to the Knightsbrdige Doctors for my medical and all I got was this snazzy blue gown"... maybe that kind of thing???

I'm all for it personally...
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonLondon2USA
I had my medical in London today at the Knightsbridge Doctors, Bentinck Street. I thought I'd share the experience with those of you who have yet to do this.

My appointment was at 10.10am and as I live in London, I had the joy of travelling in the rush hour from North London. I got off the tube at Oxford Circus and walked slowly down Oxford Street, grabbing a latte from a global chain on route.

I arrived at the venue at 10am and hit the buzzer on the front entrance. I was buzzed in and was greated by a nurse who was very friendly and asked for my passport, a photo and my evidence of immunity/innoculations. I handed these over and was asked to take a seat in the waiting room. Don't bother getting a US photo done as they ask for a British photo, as this fits their form correctly. After a few minutes, I was handed a questionnaire and advised which parts I needed to complete and which parts they would complete. I was also told that I did not need any further innoculations. The form took about 30 seconds to complete and hand back.

I was then directed to another waiting room, to await the doctor. I was in there for about 10 minutes before she led me to the next room. Once inside I went through my medical history and signed some forms. I also signed a form across my photo, which the doctor also did. I had my eyesight checked, was weighed, had my height checked and was asked to strip down behind a curtain. Blood was taken and I recieved a general examination, including blood pressure. All seemed ok but nothing was confirmed with the doctor. This all took about 10 mins, after which I was directed back to the first waiting room.

After about 2 minutes I was asked to go back to the reception window where I was charged £180 and given a sheet confirming all my innoculations were ok. I was told that if there were any problems, they would contact me straight away, but if all was ok then I would not hear from them. I left feeling relieved and the whole process took about 35 minutes. I was the only one there but felt reassured by the staff.

All I have now is the interview and I'm sure that will be ok. I hope my experience helps others.

Hey, Im so glad to hear that your medical went so smoothly. Have you got your interview date yet? I have my medical scheduled for 29th Oct, and I'm awaiting my interview date.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

LondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by muz1986
Hey, Im so glad to hear that your medical went so smoothly. Have you got your interview date yet? I have my medical scheduled for 29th Oct, and I'm awaiting my interview date.
I had an original interview date of 27th October but due to me flying out to the US (holiday) on 28th October, I emailed the Embassy to request a new date. I received the letter today confirming my new date of 10th November. Not long now!!!