Wikiposts

Medical Exams for AOS

Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Exams for AOS

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
Anyone Out There Today???
I wouldn't know, but I'd presume that if it weren't open, it couldn't be tampered with, ie: nae fiddling the results
and I think it would be fairly obvious with somekind of stamp on it...though someone else must know for sure

Good luck with the medicals you two though
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone Out There Today???
Hyper here!!, the envelope might have a sticky with a Dr's office address/number on it?. You can call the clinic/Dr's office where you had the medical and ask him/her how it looks like
I am sorry I can't be of much help.
Where is everyone??
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

With mine, it was just a white envelope that they sealed, but then they stamped "TO BE OPENED BY IMMIGRATION OFFICER ONLY" or something to that effect allllllllllllllllllll over it. It was pretty clear that it was not to be opened by me They'll tell you if theres any problems or anything beforehand though... honestly, the AOS medical is no big thing at all, total piece of cake... expensive cake, but cake nonetheless!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I-693 has a copy for you included.....

The form will repeat the same 2 pages four times. The destination of each set of 2 pages is as follows:

Original and 1 copy to USCIS (in sealed envelope from the Civil Surgeon)
Copy to Civil Surgeon
Copy for applicant
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone,
Please don't think I am a total idiot for what I am about to ask......Garry has his medical exam on the 16th. Only God knows how I was able to not only get it so quickly, but aslo was able to get myself an appointment the same, day minutes away at Mass Eye and Ear for an ongoing chronic problem that I have been having. Guess it's all that good Karma I have gotten lately. So Thank you everyone! I appreciate it. Anyway, question.......
Why do they tell you NOT TO OPEN the envelope that comes from the Medical Exam once it arrives? What's the reason for this? What does the envelope look like that it arrives in so we know not to open it?
So please, sorry if this sounds like a really blonde question. I am just very inquisitive.

Debs

my exam just came back in a sealed envelope which the doc told me not to open, and he stamped his name and the surgery address on it, then wrote my name and address on it
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:09 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Because we are k-1, we only need the supplement form, which we have an appointment for next week. One place i called insisted that they were only set up to do the entire exam for $300, and didnt care one bit about anything else i had to say about it. I found another place that will do the supplement form only for $25 bucks... Nice! I faxed over Honey's shot records so that they can make sure he has all the ones that he needs, so no surprises.

Marnee
Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, if he doesnt have the records, he'll likely have to get the shots again, thats all. If you want to save some money, Id call the doctor back in the UK, although it depends on the civil surgeon you go to... mine didnt even look at the shot records... he was just like "youre canadian? okay you definately had to have everything you needed before you started school then" and went ahead and checked everything off...
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
my exam just came back in a sealed envelope which the doc told me not to open, and he stamped his name and the surgery address on it, then wrote my name and address on it

I asked my doc when I made the appt if I needed any kind of shot records, and he just said as long as I had had everything I should, I'd be fine. He did ask when I'd last had a tetanus shot during the appt, but that was it.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:45 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I am concerned with but prob needn't be is that he doesn't have his shot records. Is this neccessary for him to have at the exam? He has had all the usual shots but doesn't have the records. Should we call his doctor back in the UK and have them sent to us? Or is this not a neccessity?
I would have done this a long time ago but never saw it posted anywhere, or it just went in one ear and out the other!
Debs
I would recommend getting the shot records. I had my medical last week and they were very thorough. You do have a week between the test and results so you may ask them if you can bring the records in at a later time.

Doesn't it also say on the instructions that you must take your shot records with you?

I suppose you could take in the requirements for K3 in terms of shots so that they can see the ones he must have had. It really depends on the doctors.

Oh, and my doctors have told me to go in on Wednesday for the report. There was no mention of posting it to me.