Medical Examination - Prices

Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

MaroMelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Examination - Prices

Does anybody know a fairly cheap doctor in the NY/NJ area? I called some and they told me it's $250 base.

Thanks!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:06 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Examination - Prices

Originally Posted by MaroMelli
Does anybody know a fairly cheap doctor in the NY/NJ area? I called some and they told me it's $250 base.

Thanks!
Do you have medical insurance through an employer? They normally cover one examination a year and doctors will often charge it through insurance if you ask them.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Do you have medical insurance through an employer? They normally cover one examination a year and doctors will often charge it through insurance if you ask them.
If he goes to a doctor on his insurance plan to get his AOS medical, he would have to make sure the physican is on the list of USCIS approved civil surgeons.

Rene
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:36 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If he goes to a doctor on his insurance plan to get his AOS medical, he would have to make sure the physican is on the list of USCIS approved civil surgeons.

Rene
Of course, I was always assuming that he would only be going to an approved physician...
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Of course, I was always assuming that he would only be going to an approved physician...
hehehe...sorry. I always tend to over-spell everything out, just in case the OP doesn't know the details...in this case, doesn't know it must be a USCIS approved doctor.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:12 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
hehehe...sorry. I always tend to over-spell everything out, just in case the OP doesn't know the details...in this case, doesn't know it must be a USCIS approved doctor.

Rene
The doctor I went to was listed under Oxford (my insurance carrier), and they still wouldn't let me file anything through insurance. I had to be billed directly for everything. A lot of insurance companies tend not to pay for immigration related medicals, and most clinics won't even try - even though Oxford said they apparently would in this case.

I went to DOCS, on East 34th Street in NY. The exam was $120, and adding vaccinations I needed swelled it to about $340. (Chicken Pox = $100!!!)

I got an $84 bill from the testing lab for my serology, but they let me file through insurance, which is good.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:36 am
Just Joined

I called different doctors and they are all around $200. There's one on Broadway (in front of the Federal Building) that someone told me today that paid $150. I will call him on monday to find out.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nathan barley
adding vaccinations I needed swelled it to about $340. (Chicken Pox = $100!!!)
Ouch on the vaccinations! For the OP: if you are missing any vaccinations, you can get them through your own health insurance or at a low-cost shot clinic. You do not have to get them from the civil surgeon for them to count. Go to the civil surgeon first, and let them tell you what shots you need. Then get the shots, and bring proof of having had the shots back to the civil surgeon. You will have to go back a few days after the initial exam anyway, so they can look at the results of your TB skin test.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

I went yesterday to get my medical exam. They charged me $185 including blood test, X-ray and the shot for Rubella. I didn't have any proof for the vaccinations but that didn't matter. The whole thing took 2 hours and I left with my I-693 ready to send!
The name of the doctor is Dr. Blau and is 325 Broadway, Rm 304.
I also asked them about sending the medical exam together with the rest although the medical exam is only valid for a year and the paperwork can take over a year. The said that you have to send everything together and that yes, it doesn't make sense because it's only good for a year but you can't question the goverment's rules.
I hope this info helps.
Marina