Medical exam and co-sponsor

Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Downer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical exam and co-sponsor

Hi,

i've been going to college in the US on a F1-Visa for 2 years now. My girlfriend and I will be getting married and I am just trying to figure out some things....

What do I need to do in regards of my medical? I know I need the whole package but what exactly does that consist of? Also, what is it that I get from the civil surgeon in the end? Just the I-693 in a sealed envelope?

Also, my wife is not making enough money at the moment so we need to find a co-sponsor. Is my application for AOS going to be denied if I don't have a financial co-sponsor at the time of filing or do I have time until the interview to find a financial co-sponsor?

Thank you.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:54 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical exam and co-sponsor

D,

The financial requirement of 125% of the poverty level is not all that much. Where are the two of you getting the money to live on now?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Downer
Hi,

i've been going to college in the US on a F1-Visa for 2 years now. My girlfriend and I will be getting married and I am just trying to figure out some things....

Also, my wife is not making enough money at the moment so we need to find a co-sponsor. Is my application for AOS going to be denied if I don't have a financial co-sponsor at the time of filing or do I have time until the interview to find a financial co-sponsor?

Thank you.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downer
What do I need to do in regards of my medical? I know I need the whole package but what exactly does that consist of? Also, what is it that I get from the civil surgeon in the end? Just the I-693 in a sealed envelope?
You just need to book the medical at a USCIS approved doctor's office. The doctor does the rest. The "whole package" for the medical includes bloodwork, a general physical exam, vaccinations if you need them, a TB test and perhaps a chest x-ray. Yes, you will get the results in a sealed envelope, and the sealed envelope gets included in your AOS package.

That is a good question. I've heard that the only requirement at the time of filing the AOS paperwork is to include an I-864, even if it does not meet the income requirements, and that you must have an I-864 which meets the requirements by the time of your interview. Personally, I don't think I'd take that chance, I'd want to file an AOS package that already meets the requirements in order to avoid an RFE (Request for Further Evidence).

Even if you submit an AOS package with an I-864 that doesn't meet the requirements, and the officer realizes this, your AOS won't be denied outright. You'll receive an RFE to include an I-864 from a joint sponsor.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Downer is an unknown quantity at this point

thats awesome! thanks everyone for the quick reply!