Medical for B2 Visa

Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:25 pm
krm
Just Joined

krm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical for B2 Visa

Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone has been through the medical exam which I believe is often required after interview if you are ineligible for VWP due to drug cautions. I have an interview soon and am expecting to be sent for a medical but am rather nervous about what it entails. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical for B2 Visa

Originally Posted by krm
I have an interview soon and am expecting to be sent for a medical but am rather nervous about what it entails.
The physician will review your history - and will likely concentrate on your drug issues. If he finds that you are an habitual drug abuser, you might be deemed inadmissible and will then need a waiver for the inadmissibility. That said, there's nothing you can do to change your past.

You probably want to get hold of an ACPO certificate (hint = Google is your friend) prior to your interview and medical if possible.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:18 pm
Banned

Pookiedookie is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have lied, you wouldn't have been caught they don't have access to UK police records you can't get a visa with drug conviction can you?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:21 pm
krm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply and the info Ian.
I have already obtained an ACPO certificate and have my interview scheduled for the beginning of July, and after the many hours of trawling forums fully expect to be sent for a medical. Do you know what kind of tests they do at the medical and the procedure of it? Seems it is a very long process to pay for a much regretted mistake in order to attend a family wedding in the U.S this summer.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pookiedookie
You should have lied, you wouldn't have been caught they don't have access to UK police records you can't get a visa with drug conviction can you?
Actually, they do have access (you have to submit a police report for everywhere you've lived longer than 1 year). Also lying to immigration is a crime and can incur a ban of varying time (3 years, 10 years, lifetime).
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:25 pm
krm
Just Joined

I did think about it but eventually concluded that it wasn't worth getting to the borders and getting sent back (plus all the nerves on the plane etc). I thought I may have received some credit for being honest and given that this was my first conviction but after having read lots of forums seems like I may have made the wrong choice. Too late now as I have sent them my record
Interestingly just read a forum where a guy said he had lied at POE 10 times (!!!) as he didn't realise he was inadmissible on a drug caution and then went for interview and got a visa there and then without any medical or anything. Life is unfair and I guess I won't be so lucky despite my honesty
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:26 pm
Banned

Probably draw blood and fill a cup full of urine. I got a few people I advise on drug treatment program and they get urine tested for drug use. These guys may want hair analysis as well. The hair anaylsis would show if you have been taking drugs like weed over a long period of time even though your last usage has left your system and isn't in your urine sample.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:29 pm
krm
Just Joined

Wow that's intense. I was under the impression it was just a urine sample and an examination of eyes, nose and mouth (don't know why they do that or what that shows?) Can anyone confirm from experience that it is a blood/hair test also? Thanks a lot guys.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by krm
I did think about it but eventually concluded that it wasn't worth getting to the borders and getting sent back (plus all the nerves on the plane etc). I thought I may have received some credit for being honest and given that this was my first conviction but after having read lots of forums seems like I may have made the wrong choice. Too late now as I have sent them my record
Interestingly just read a forum where a guy said he had lied at POE 10 times (!!!) as he didn't realise he was inadmissible on a drug caution and then went for interview and got a visa there and then without any medical or anything. Life is unfair and I guess I won't be so lucky despite my honesty
They may give credit for the honesty I couldn't speculate. It is a hard decision to make though because how do you prove your clean for a sustained period of time. Like you say in the drinking denial threads recently, those people will have to abstain from drinking for years, I don't see how they can medically prove you have been drug free for years? Just my opnion.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:37 pm
krm
Just Joined

I know I think it's all absurd personally but doesn't matter what I think! I just really hope the medical is not to invasive (I hate blood lol) and quite straight forward and that they take some mercy on me for my very much regretted mistake. I hope to travel with my fiance who is American and all the family for a family wedding, I wonder if that will help my application? So nervous about the whole process now I really want to know what it entails so I can prepare.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by krm
Wow that's intense. I was under the impression it was just a urine sample and an examination of eyes, nose and mouth (don't know why they do that or what that shows?) Can anyone confirm from experience that it is a blood/hair test also? Thanks a lot guys.
They will definately draw blood I would, and hair testing was how police were able to show shannon matthews was drugged by her mother over a period of months. Besides what would stop you from taking someone elses urine who is clean into the surgery in a test tube or a couple of shot bottles and passing that over as your sample. I highly doubt they will stand over you whilst you pee in a cup especially if your a woman they will ask you to fill the little plastic cup in the toliet and you come back with a cup. So yeah they will probably want more than urine test
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:39 pm
krm
Just Joined

Can anyone confirm this from experience? Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

So yeah they will probably want more than urine test
Since all that you have done so far in this thread is to give extremely bad advice
and lots of random speculation it might be better if you just stop now and wait for one of the posters on here who has actually been through such a medical to come along and explain what really happens
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You should have lied...
This is incredibly bad and stupid advice.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Please review some of the pinned threads for this forum:

Forum Usage Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING! is a good one to start with.
Looks like you also need the Immigration Fraud - Just Don't Do It and the site rules: http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Considering the content of your previous thread, you are not in a position to be telling people how to lie to gain an immigration benefit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.