Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

MDUdall: New NBC (MSC) Processing Time Report is out

MDUdall: New NBC (MSC) Processing Time Report is out

Old Jul 16th 2003, 9:06 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default MDUdall: New NBC (MSC) Processing Time Report is out

As you may know from one of my prior postings on the board, the Missouri Service Center has been renamed the “National Benefits Center� or NBC.

I just received the latest National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Report from AILA (Thank you AILA). You can visit my page located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm if you are interested in seeing the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Report numbers for all case types pending at the NBC.

You can use the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Report to determine two things, 1) has your case been taken off of the shelf yet and given to an officer for processing, and 2) is it overdue. At the NBC, a BCIS officer should approve, deny or request additional evidence within 60 business days of being given your case for adjudication. If your case becomes overdue, than at that time you should notify the NBC to bring this to their attention.

If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is later in time than the date listed for I-129f's on the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Report, than your case is still waiting its turn to be assigned to an officer (And therefore it’s obviously not yet overdue). If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, than your case has likely been given to an officer for adjudication. I say "likely" because if your case receives an IBIS hit, than you cannot use this report to determine an overdue date as the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Reports can only be used for cases that do not receive an IBIS hit. If your case receives an IBIS hit, it will be pulled from the normal stream of cases and will experience a delay; slight to significant until a BCIS officer eventually does the follow up IBIS work required in your case.

Bookmark my page and check it every few days in order to monitor the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Reports. As the name of these reports suggest, new reports are usually issued twice a month; however despite the name, these reports sometimes only come out once a month (or even less frequently).

When you first see a report showing that your "notice" date is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, write down the date of publication of that particular report. Than take your calendar and count off 60 business days from the date of publication of that particular report. That is your "overdue" date and you should note that date on your calendar. Notify the NBC if your case becomes overdue.

Ignore any projected processing times you might find on your receipt notice, that you might read on the BCIS' on-line status checking page or hear on the National Customer Service Center’s automated phone system as those are wild guesses made by BCIS HQ (Not the NBC) and often do not reflect the reality of what is going on at the NBC at any given time. These projected processing times are also subject to change, and are not binding on the BCIS.

Relying on these projected processing times will not give you realistic expectations. Instead, monitor the National Benefits Center Bi-Monthly Aging Reports as that information actually does come from the NBC, it reflects the dates of cases that have been given to an officer for processing, will help you calculate a realistic “overdue� date, and will thus help you achieve realistic expectations.

Don’t make any plans, reservations, quit your job, make travel arrangements, dispose of property, etc., based on projected processing times listed on your receipt notice, listed on the BCIS’ on-line status checking page or mentioned on the automated phone system. If you do, you do so at your own risk.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

timesup is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like MSC picked up steam again. I'm so glad as I was worried they were going to slow down just like Nebraska did last fall.

Go MSC!

Annie

NSC NOA1 July 12,2002
MSC NOA1 June 20,2003
Old Jul 17th 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

EricL is an unknown quantity at this point

Matthew --- Is this report correct? I don't see how it can be. I guess I'm confused. Is MSC (or NBC to be correct) processing cases received on May 30 now? Someone on this message board just got approved online the other day and their first NOA date was from May 15, 2003. How did they get to May 30th so quickly?

I'm not upset or complaining because my wife's NOA date is from June 5th, 2003. If this report is truly accurate and they are currently working on May 30th, that is great news. I want to get excited, but I can't just yet until I know more about this report.

I guess part of me says this report can't be true because we've had very little good news regarding my wife's visa and I just can't believe MSC has increased their speed so much. On June 30th, the last report you posted, they were working on May 13, 2003. Now on July 15, they are working on May 30, 2003?? Do you have any insight to this report? Is it accurate? Can you give me some more details please?

Thank you for your time.