Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

MDUdall: New District and Suboffice Report is out

MDUdall: New District and Suboffice Report is out

Old May 1st 2003, 9:23 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default MDUdall: New District and Suboffice Report is out

I just received a new processing time report from AILA (thank you AILA) for various BCIS District and Suboffies. On the older reports, I would often see that the estimates sometimes did not change from the prior report (for a particular office or more), and I always wondered if AILA simply did not get a new report from the AILA monitor that month. Well, new to this particular report are notations of "No Report Received" for various offices where the AILA monitor did not submit a report.

Anyway, if you are interested in seeing this, you can find it at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm

M.U.
Old May 1st 2003, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for this information! It's useful to get an idea of what's going on in the San Francisco office where we will be assigned (yes, I know I still have a little way to go before thinking about this yet but there is no reason not to get started early ).
Old May 1st 2003, 10:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the updates.
Rene
Old May 1st 2003, 10:57 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Thankyou. I also looked at the photographs of BCIS offices/centers, very interesting

If you wanted anymore photos I for one would send you a picture of my local office - sure others may do also ?
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:14 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
Thankyou. I also looked at the photographs of BCIS offices/centers, very interesting

If you wanted anymore photos I for one would send you a picture of my local office - sure others may do also ?
Which is your local BCIS office? (Sorry, but I don't recall). I have many more that I have not put up yet due to lack of web storage space. Much of my (now filled up) web storage space is being taken up by photos I took long ago of the critical mass bicycle rides in San Francisco... photos taken from the seat of my unicycle. I'm thinking of taking them down soon, in order to reclaim more space for my business site.

If you like bikes or unicycles and you have some time to kill, you can see these photos before I take them down. Please keep in mind that this is a site about a "hobby" I enjoy... this is not business (hey, everybody needs a hobby, don't they?). You can find them at, http://members.aol.com/MitsuAvaco/critmas2.htm
I don’t use my real name on that site and instead go by “Photos by MattMann� (A nick name given to me by a roommate long ago).

There are even a couple of pages showing photos from a couple of mountain unicycling events I participated in.

As far as INS photos go, I have some dandy ones of the NSC, TSC and VSC I still need to put up (what can I say, I’m an INS geek), plus some great ones from the National Records Center (the mysterious cave in Missouri). They let me take my camera inside the NRC, and I have some really interesting photos of that facility. And again, I have many other District and Suboffice photos I just haven't put up yet due to lack of web storage space.

And thanks for your offer, but first let me know what office you use as I might have that one already (but just haven't posted it yet).

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; May 2nd 2003 at 1:17 am.
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:34 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

My local office is Reno, NV
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

can I go to any office? I am in orlando. Look at these times!

Orlando:
I-485 apprv. || Swearing In || AP Approval || Work Auth
720-1000, 365-450, 90-120, 90-100 days

can I go here instead (1.5 hour drive):

Tampa:
720, 270-365, 30-45, 45-60

It makes me sick to see time like this though:

San Jose:
180, 120-180, 21-30, 21-30

Last edited by Steve2003; May 2nd 2003 at 4:57 pm.
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:32 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by Steve2003
can I go to any office? I am in orlando. Look at these times!

Orlando:
720-1000 365-450 90-120 90-100 days

can I go here instead (1.5 hour drive):

Tampa:
720 270-365 30-45 45-60

San Jose:
180 120-180 21-30 21-30
I think I'm lucky in my local office, they seem to be pretty quick. Never seen any formal times posted for them but from my experience EAD is done same day, I-485/I-130 (concurrently filed) approval takes about 4 months, AP takes 5-10 business days. I don't know about Natz.
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

San Jose:
180, 120-180, 21-30, 21-30
My personal bugaboo (other than the work authorization vs. work documentation issue, which really is bugging me this week for some reason) is that I live just 0.75 miles from the county line making me ineligible to use the San Jose office. We have to go to San Francisco, instead (where is it a *lot* colder at 3:00AM when you're queued up in line outside ROFL). San Francisco is issuing at 210-240/240/35/35-90 respectively despite there actually being *far more* immigrants living in the counties served by San Jose than there are in those served by San Francisco. It may not seem like much of a difference, of course (and compared to Florida it appears a walk in the park), but as we all know from this process, every extra day is one day too many.
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

so I have to go to a specific office then. I live in orlando. can I go to tampa?
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bump
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
My personal bugaboo (other than the work authorization vs. work documentation issue, which really is bugging me this week for some reason) is that I live just 0.75 miles from the county line making me ineligible to use the San Jose office. We have to go to San Francisco, instead (where is it a *lot* colder at 3:00AM when you're queued up in line outside ROFL). San Francisco is issuing at 210-240/240/35/35-90 respectively despite there actually being *far more* immigrants living in the counties served by San Jose than there are in those served by San Francisco. It may not seem like much of a difference, of course (and compared to Florida it appears a walk in the park), but as we all know from this process, every extra day is one day too many.
Dekka's Angel,

The good news is that you do not have to queue up at 3:00am when you want to visit San Francisco INS Trust me, I have been there A LOT [at one point, even the security guy knew me!!] We usually BART to SF and we arrive at the office between 6:00am and 7:00am. Always worked out OK for us.

Caroline
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

so I have to go to a specific office then. I live in orlando. can I go to tampa?
You have to go to the office that serves the county where you live. If you look on the BCIS webpages, go to the information on the field offices and see which counties Tampa serves and which counties Orlando serves. You should get your answer.

Caroline
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

darn. I am having to go the if not the LONGEST wait time of ANY office in the US. darn.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

darn. I am having to go the if not the LONGEST wait time of ANY office in the US. darn.
Not really, because Harlingten used to be really bad (over 1000 days). Now, it says no report available. Phoenix was very bad as well.

Now, I tend to not believe anything timeline related anymore. Some people at fast offices wait for ever, and some people at slow offices get a fast interview. I filed in Detroit (report said 12 months), moved to SF after 6 months (report says 7-8 months) and file finally made it to SF 10 months after filing. So, we filed over 18 months and have not received any interview notice (mailed at least 3 weeks before the interview). You do the math!!!

Caroline